Durrant on the podcast tonight

Gartcoshloyal

Listening to the wee man tonight on the blues brothers podcast along with Derek Ferguson and Jimmy Nichol, describing the journey 10 years ago today with super ally. He got emotional and showing exactly what this club means to him and what happened back then. I salute you wee man for starting the journey.
Also have to say great stories from Jimmy and Fergie too.

Listening to the wee man tonight on the blues brothers podcast along with Derek Ferguson and Jimmy Nichol, describing the journey 10 years ago today with super ally. He got emotional and showing exactly what this club means to him and what happened back then. I salute you wee man for starting the journey.
where is this again pal, is it Blues Brothers podcast?

I think the emotion was more about Ally tbh. I can't really make out what he said, "it was Ally's proudest day" then "it changed his life for him" thats when he got emotional.

Edit: link to the podcast

Never miss this pod on YouTube EVERY Monday night, every bear should subscribe, tonight was probably my favourite with guest Jimmy Nichol class as usual.

Yes, Durrant got emotional when talking about Ally taking over, he really cares about Rangers.
I thought the podcast lacked a bit of discipline really, heard it better.
Tom's story about Davie Dodds at the end was uncalled for.

go fuclk off then and listen to crocker and walker.
a Rangers man who is good at his job i like tom q friend of Rangers no doubt
No I’ll just stick to other rangers podcasts with presenters that are better at it than him. Being a rangers man doesn’t qualify you to have to like someone, nor does it mean if you don’t like them you therefore are a rangers hater.
I enjoyed the blues brothers podcast in its original format, but I now feel there is too much happening on it with the introduction of having 2 presenters.

No I’ll just stick to other Rangers podcasts with presenters that are better at it than him. Being a Rangers man doesn’t qualify you to have to like someone, nor does it mean if you don’t like them you therefore are a Rangers hater.
I enjoyed the blues brothers podcast in its original format, but I now feel there is too much happening on it with the introduction of having 2 presenters.
Couldn't agree with that last bit more. It's gone from a good conversational podcast, to sounding like an overly scripted radio show. It's totally lost the podcast feel.

Couldn't agree with that last bit more. It's gone from a good conversational podcast, to sounding like an overly scripted radio show. It's totally lost the podcast feel.
All about opinions as they say. As I actually think it's better now Tom is involved. Assuming Tom will be hosting 5 star events in the future and that's why they've brought him in.

Hard to not like any Rangers content at the moment,hopefully they can get Super on at some point
Need to be on longer if they did get him on

All about opinions as they say. As I actually think it's better now Tom is involved. Assuming Tom will be hosting 5 star events in the future and that's why they've brought him in.
Yeah I can see why some people would enjoy it to be fair, but for me personally it's sounding more and more like a Radio Clyde show than a conventional podcast.

I like my podcasts more natural and conversational rather than stop start, and cheesy segments. But like you say, it's all opinions! I've listened since day 1 and I'll continue to listen because I know they take on their feedback.

I like the podcast. Watch it every Monday night. Think they are trying to fit a bit too much in for a 1 hour show. We had 2 games last last week and they didn't really go into them much.

90 mins would be better if they are going to get a guest on every week.

Tom is good although some of his jokes are awful, Not a fan of the card bit he does at the end of the show.

I liked it before tom came in , i still like it now , if u dont like listening to tom just don't listen, cracking show

I like the podcast. Watch it every Monday night. Think they are trying to fit a bit too much in for a 1 hour show. We had 2 games last last week and they didn't really go into them much.

90 mins would be better if they are going to get a guest on every week.

Tom is good although some of his jokes are awful, Not a fan of the card bit he does at the end of the show.
Yeah I would like to hear them talk about the games more as well that's the only fault for the pod I think.

Enjoy the guess the Ranger part of it could listen to the stories all day long. Good banter between them and Jimmy Nic as well. Can see how much this title means to Durrant when he started talking about the journey.

Really enjoying the podcast, it's became part of my Monday night routine, I don't mind tom too much but I do agree what the other guys have said, they probably try cram too much into an hour, big eck was on last week and Jimmy nic last night, both could have easily spoke and told stories for another 10-20mins, would love to see a bit more analysis of our games, feel they get skimmed through too quickly. With having two guys with the talent Durranty and Fergie had on, I'd like to think they would have a lot more to say about how the teams playing.

Ian Durrant gets emotional as Rangers hero revisits Ibrox downfall and insists 'we're back where we belong'​

The 54-year-old former midfielder was alongside McCoist in the dugout at the club battled to rise through the lower divisions.

0_Screen-Shot-2021-02-23-at-124750.png
(Image: Blues Brothers Podcast)

An emotional Ian Durrant reflected on Rangers' rollercoaster return to the top as the club stands on the brink of a first title in 10 years.
It's been a decade since Ally McCoist was confirmed as Walter Smith's successor with former midfielder Durrant remaining as part of the coaching staff.
Financial turmoil soon engulfed Ibrox and Rangers were forced to start again in the Third Division following liquidation in 2012.
Durrant remained in the backroom team until December 2014 before taking up a position with the U-20 side until 2016.
Looking back on what unfolded following McCoist's permanent appointment, the 54-year-old struggled to find the words to describe a tumultuous period.

JS41700912.jpg

Durrant and McCoist pn the training ground (Image: SNS)
A visibly emotional Durrant told the Blues Brothers Podcast: "It's frightening. I was just relieved to still be connected on the coaching side.

"It was the proudest day when Ally was asked to be manager of the club.

"What was unfurled was just... I'm glad we're back but it was a shame because..."
A slap on the back from co-pundit Derek Ferguson got Durrant back on track and he paid tribute to McCoist and the fans for taking on the challenge of rising through the lower leagues.
He continued: "When we started the journey, a lot of people wouldn't have taken the job on, going down to the Third Division.
"He was man enough to take and start the journey - look what's happening now.

"We took our time, took a few dunts along the way but now we're back where we belong.
"Hopefully in two or three weeks we can look back and say: 'This is where it started'.
"It was absolute dignity the way the club and the fans and everybody associated - more so the fans - the way they presented themselves.
"They knew it was happening but they didn't know what was going to unfurl in the backroom.
"The way the fans responded was 10 out of 10."

I just listened there after reading your above post. I started filling up when they mentioned absent friends at the end. There will not be a dry eye in the house when we clinch 55.

Back