Radosław Siejka (POL)
Adam Kupsik (POL)

Video Assistant Referee
Pawel Gil (POL)

Assistant Video Assistant Referee
Tomasz Kwiatkowski (POL)

Fourth official
Piotr Lasyk (POL)

Careful what you wish for but at least it’s not that clown from last week. Would give scottishs officials a run for there money.

After last week's game, fk knows tbh, I thought the SPL refs were poor but that was on another level, valium may be required

There's far too much credibility given to European referees.

Poland is hardly a footballing powerhouse and their referees are ultimately of the same standard as the kind of dross Scotland sends to Europe to officiate.

Last week's referee was just the Bulgarian equivalent of Collum.

There's far too much credibility given to European referees.

Poland is hardly a footballing powerhouse and their referees are ultimately of the same standard as the kind of dross Scotland sends to Europe to officiate.

Last week's referee was just the Bulgarian equivalent of Collum.

What’s the alternative? Only have refs from the countries with the better leagues?

Spanish/English refs are hardly brilliant

What’s the alternative? Only have refs from the countries with the better leagues?

Spanish/English refs are hardly brilliant

No, that wasn't my point at all. It was simply that there's a narrative that European referees are better - one of the reasons for our success in Europe last season was chalked up to this - when in actual fact they're at the same level as some of the shite we send to Europe. Some of the refereeing decisions last week were worse than baffling and some of the stuff we had to endure in Gerrard's first season as manager were exceptionally bad.

Usually find refs are more strict in European games but that doesn’t make for good reading

Are any of our players close to a ban?
I think I seen a yellow card graphic next to Balogun’s name before kick off on Thursday.

Patterson will be out of isolation by the time we play in the next round though :cool:

I think I seen a yellow card graphic next to Balogun’s name before kick off on Thursday.

Patterson will be out of isolation by the time we play in the next round though :cool:
You're right. Roofe and Balogun were the two players on a yellow.

EDIT: They remain so, as the only two players in the squad who have received two yellows in the EL this season.

No, that wasn't my point at all. It was simply that there's a narrative that European referees are better - one of the reasons for our success in Europe last season was chalked up to this - when in actual fact they're at the same level as some of the shite we send to Europe. Some of the refereeing decisions last week were worse than baffling and some of the stuff we had to endure in Gerrard's first season as manager were exceptionally bad.

I don't think most people think they are necessarily better, just that in theory they aren't subject to the same team biases and intimidation as Scottish ones.

I'd rather have a referee that was just plain shite than one that was shite and biased.

I don't think most people think they are necessarily better, just that in theory they aren't subject to the same team biases and intimidation as Scottish ones.

I'd rather have a referee that was just plain shite than one that was shite and biased.

There's hardly a difference between being shite and being shite and bias, though. It didn't really matter what last week's one was because he still made some startling decisions. As for the Ufa ref - imagine that was a game in Scotland. Can you imagine!

There's hardly a difference between being shite and being shite and bias, though. It didn't really matter what last week's one was because he still made some startling decisions. As for the Ufa ref - imagine that was a game in Scotland. Can you imagine!
The only game that cheating has ever crossed my mind, had he been Scottish the usual conspiracy folk would be out in force.

Referee
Paweł Raczkowski (POL)

Assistant referees
Radosław Siejka (POL)
Adam Kupsik (POL)

Video Assistant Referee
Pawel Gil (POL)

Assistant Video Assistant Referee
Tomasz Kwiatkowski (POL)

Fourth official
Piotr Lasyk (POL)
That’s interesting as it’s different from last week , all the officials are Polish whereas last week the VAR team were German and officials were Bulgarian

A card happy ref may work to our advantage. They were a bit dirty, not as bad as some we've faced, but enough it may make a difference.
Just hope our boys put in a clean performance. Other than Barasic, who else is on a potential ban?

Do we have anyone in our team or staff that can converse in polish as it may help in any communications needed or will he be an English speaking guy.

A card happy ref may work to our advantage. They were a bit dirty, not as bad as some we've faced, but enough it may make a difference.
Just hope our boys put in a clean performance. Other than Barasic, who else is on a potential ban?
There was a mention on BT last Thursday, I can’t remember who, but I’m sure they said there were two.

Back