Thank you Rangers

Jamie19892017

2012 will always be the worst year of my life. I was working in a horrifically stressful job for a scumbag of a human being and was in the complete grip of severe mental illness.

The one thing which kept me sane and my demons quiet for 90 minutes a week was slipping away....it was terrifying.

Its not an exaggeration to say that between 2010 and 2013 Rangers saved my life. Without that weekly release and focus I genuinely doubt I'd be here to post this.

Throughout my recovery, 55 has seemed like a distant dream. The ultimate Holy Grayal.

Now that its within touching distance I cant help but feel cathartic as I consider how far myself and the club I love have come.

When 55 is official I'll take a few hours to myself, reflect, cry and thank God for my recovery and for the club I love.

2012 will always be the worst year of my life. I was working in a horrifically stressful job for a scumbag of a human being and was in the complete grip of severe mental illness.

The one thing which kept me sane and my demons quiet for 90 minutes a week was slipping away....it was terrifying.

Its not an exaggeration to say that between 2010 and 2013 Rangers saved my life. Without that weekly release and focus I genuinely doubt I'd be here to post this.

Throughout my recovery, 55 has seemed like a distant dream. The ultimate Holy Grayal.

Now that its within touching distance I cant help but feel cathartic as I consider how far myself and the club I love have come.

When 55 is official I'll take a few hours to myself, reflect, cry and thank God for my recovery and for the club I love.
Your experience epitomises a journey so many of us can relate to. It was a long winter. Hard times personally and as a bear. But the sun shines now and the blue sky is clear - we are back and stronger than ever! Rejoice!

Enjoy bro you deserve it.

What the OP says rings true, how many of us lives have changed for good and bad since 2012. How many of us have lost a loved one Since 2012, I did and I’ll never get over it but this season will heal a bit and which is why people who don’t understand football will never get what it means . I feel emotional thinking about it , the number of true bears who never lived to see 55 , this is what Gerrard and these players have brought us this of all seasons , forever legends.

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better. People don't realise how much being a bear can have an effect on your life and wellbeing. We are moving into more positive times, the last few years have been a roller coaster of emotions. The finishing line is in sight, onwards and upwards. WATP

Glad to hear you’re doing well mate.
I’ve been through similar and in the early days I used to use the heart and hand daily update with @David Edgar as my moment during the day to reflect on all things positive in my life and reconnect.
it used to drive me mad when he was late uploading it

I’m now in a really good place and it sounds like you are as well.
The best bit is I have a clear head and will remember every single moment of this momentous journey for the rest of my life.
WATP

Over the last few years my mental health state has been very poor. Following Rangers was the only thing i could do to really get away from it all for a while but even then some of the results and performances we have endured never helped things much.
2020 and thus far into 2021 has been the toughest times for many people and i am so grateful that The Rangers are back where we belong and we’re going from strength to stength this season, watching such a brilliant team every week has kept me sane and the thoughts of actually winning 55 has me absolutely bouncing. Amazing what your team can do for you.

Good to hear of your progress OP.
As has also been said by others the support that football provides from one game to the next has been a boon in these difficult times and the joy of 55 will be a massive fillip to every Bear (not so to the mentally challengeds of course but that’s just collateral damage).

Glad to hear you’re doing well mate.
I’ve been through similar and in the early days I used to use the heart and hand daily update with @David Edgar as my moment during the day to reflect on all things positive in my life and reconnect.
it used to drive me mad when he was late uploading it

I’m now in a really good place and it sounds like you are as well.
The best bit is I have a clear head and will remember every single moment of this momentous journey for the rest of my life.
WATP
Too true, pal. Too true. This is the most special title of all, for so many reasons.

God bless you fellow bear, the futures bright, the futures Rangers

Glad you’re on the mend and feeling better. I think if we look back we can see how much that period affected us all, but the one thing that came out of it was the feeling that we were all part of the Rangers family and we would come out the other side stronger and better, as people and as a support.

There will be rivers of tears my friend,especially from a lot of us older bears, and bears who have lost loved ones,who are going to miss it,glad your feeling better,never feel your alone mate,just private anyone on this site,if your feeling low, yours aye,WATP we are THE RANGERS FAMILY

Great post mate, glad your feeling better, now like the rest of your Blue nosed brothers enjoy 55.
There is always light at the end of the tunnel, you just have to keep looking for it, God bless you.

It’s posts like this that make you realise just what Rangers mean to some people.

It really can be a matter of life and death.

I feel quite humbled reading that.

All the very best to you, OP. I hope you savour every minute of it.

There will be rivers of tears my friend,especially from a lot of us older bears, and bears who have lost loved ones,who are going to miss it,glad your feeling better,never feel your alone mate,just private anyone on this site,if your feeling low, yours aye,WATP we are THE Rangers FAMILY
Thank you, pal. Much appreciated. Mon the Gers!!!

It’s posts like this that make you realise just what Rangers mean to some people.

It really can be a matter of life and death.

I feel quite humbled reading that.

All the very best to you, OP. I hope you savour every minute of it.
Very much so, mate. The club likely saved my life, tbh. 55 would have been massive regardless, but carries even more weight for me now. Cannot wait!! Thank you for the kind wishes.

Back