I told Aribo he could become legend by joining Rangers, says ex-Aberdeen and Kilmarnock star Magennis

Nice words from Josh and i guess he is a wee bit jealous of his mate

As for Joe i think he can go to the very top of the game with the right guidance

The obsession that many had with stopping a 'ten' that we weren't actually part of for almost half, was actually close to preventing us getting our 55.

Reactions: WBD
Regardless how their 9 was gifted to them, if they’d won the league this season it would’ve been unbearable and they’d have rammed 10 down our throats

If we won 55 the season after, they’d be pissing themselves laughing and not caring because they won 10iar

People are in denial if they don’t accept this season was primarily about stopping 10
I must be classed as in denial then

Listen guys to me we are doing "the double" this season ---winning 55 and stopping 10(tainted) so plenty to celebrate.
A great article by McGennis by the way B-D

Theyve had an unbeaten domestic season, set a new league points record and won 4 consecutive trebles. Weve been demoted to the 3rd division, almost never had a club to support, had our titles held to ransom, had a team full of international footballers lose at Ibrox to teams of plumbers and call centre workers who have to take a holiday just to play, had our club financially raped for years and we still arent clear of it, watched Celtc put 5 past us on multiple occasions, watched Murty doing a headstand and shit himself from players pointing out it wasnt good enough, had Caixinha sign Mexican alcoholics and go out of Europe to the 3rd best team in Luxembourg, finished 3rd in the SPL twice.

Why would them winning 10 or more in a row bother you all that much more than any of that? Anyone who celebrates 'stopping 10' instead of winning 55 is a fool.
I agree, them not winning ten titles was a by product of us winning 55, but I won’t let them forget we stopped them, now it’s up to them to stop us.

For me, whatever they achieve is an irrelevance, I only have enough time and energy to follow Rangers. It’s 55 for me. I lived through our 10 bid and we came pretty close to it, I don’t recall as much being said about the prospect of us winning ten back in the day. Sure I was disappointed.

Theyve had an unbeaten domestic season, set a new league points record and won 4 consecutive trebles. Weve been demoted to the 3rd division, almost never had a club to support, had our titles held to ransom, had a team full of international footballers lose at Ibrox to teams of plumbers and call centre workers who have to take a holiday just to play, had our club financially raped for years and we still arent clear of it, watched Celtc put 5 past us on multiple occasions, watched Murty doing a headstand and shit himself from players pointing out it wasnt good enough, had Caixinha sign Mexican alcoholics and go out of Europe to the 3rd best team in Luxembourg, finished 3rd in the SPL twice.

Why would them winning 10 or more in a row bother you all that much more than any of that? Anyone who celebrates 'stopping 10' instead of winning 55 is a fool.
Sorry, count me in as a fool...cos I for one couldn't bear having 'The 10 ' rammed down my throat at every turn. I agree with MrBrightside above. 55 is without doubt glorious, but let's not kid ourselves; even though it's only in 'their' minds, stopping 10 (in whatever way you want to put it) is huge. Plus 55 and 10 are inextricably linked, so why deny ourselves the pleasure of the hurt it's causing them. We don't celebrate 55, but in doing so, we also celebrate stopping their '10'. The word instead shouldn't come into the equation imo.

I wasn't expecting a broad Ulster accent the first time I heard him being interviewed. I knew he played for NI just assumed he was English who qualified to play for NI due to a grand parent.

Sorry, count me in as a fool...cos I for one couldn't bear having 'The 10 ' rammed down my throat at every turn. I agree with MrBrightside above. 55 is without doubt glorious, but let's not kid ourselves; even though it's only in 'their' minds, stopping 10 (in whatever way you want to put it) is huge. Plus 55 and 10 are inextricably linked, so why deny ourselves the pleasure of the hurt it's causing them. We don't celebrate 55, but in doing so, we also celebrate stopping their '10'. The word instead shouldn't come into the equation imo.
Thats not what the argument is. Someone suggested stopping 10 was the main objective.

Winning 55 was the priority. This season its just so happened weve killed Terry Munro which is a nice result and fun to wind them up with.

Hold it was it not his uncle Mark that gave Kevin Thompson a hard time when he was just a young kid?Thought he was a shettleston?
I’m not sure they are related, the fella your on about is only a year older than KT & 7 years older than Josh.

Would be a bit young to be an uncle (usually), I’m sure an Ulster will know exactly, even so Josh is a good guy going but what he’s said.

Last edited:
Regardless how their 9 was gifted to them, if they’d won the league this season it would’ve been unbearable and they’d have rammed 10 down our throats

If we won 55 the season after, they’d be pissing themselves laughing and not caring because they won 10iar

People are in denial if they don’t accept this season was primarily about stopping 10
I can assure you I am not in denial!!

I can assure you I am not in denial!!

So if they’d won 10 this season and we won 55 next, you think the celebrations would’ve been the same?

If you answer yes then I fully believe you’re in denial

So if they’d won 10 this season and we won 55 next, you think the celebrations would’ve been the same?

I am not going to get into a debate with you. I am not telling you what you think. So don't tell me what I think. You can believe I am in denial. That's up to you.

For me, whatever they achieve is an irrelevance, I only have enough time and energy to follow Rangers. It’s 55 for me. I lived through our 10 bid and we came pretty close to it, I don’t recall as much being said about the prospect of us winning ten back in the day. Sure I was disappointed.

You'll also remember our response to it CB.

We absolutely respected what those guys had done in the previous 9 years & thanked
them for their efforts on our behalf.

No abuse, no sharks, just love & respect.

I'm in Glasgow too mate, all of my life actually.

For me it was definitely 55, to prove that our great club were back.

To %^*& up their parochial wee ten is good, especially with their embarrassing reaction,
but it was never before what Rangers Football Club do, for me anyway.

We don't define ourselves through them, but they define themselves through us.
Let the rest follow Grico as the Great Man said :)) .

I am not going to get into a debate with you. I am not telling you what you think. So don't tell me what I think. You can believe I am in denial. That's up to you.

You’re not going to get into a debate or tell me what you think but you’ve replied to me twice

hahaha

I would feel as gutted as I did when they won the previous titles. 10 is the same as 8 or 9. I don't believe you believe I am in denial. I fully believe that you think that I may be in denial. But in reality you don't believe it.

You’re not going to get into a debate or tell me what you think but you’ve replied to me twice

hahaha
Only our supporters could fall out about whether it’s 55 or stopping 10. It’s both FFS!

Winning this league will be the most important in our history. No other team has come from the lowest division in Scotland to win the Premiership.
please pleas stop arguing and just enjoy

I would feel as gutted as I did when they won the previous titles. 10 is the same as 8 or 9. I don't believe you believe I am in denial. I fully believe that you think that I may be in denial. But in reality you don't believe it.

Fair reply, I know some people who refused to buy into the 9/10 thing because we were out the league for 4 years. Although, in my experience they’re in the minority

Most people I know were all about stopping the 10 this season. Each to their own I suppose, ultimately the outcome is 55

Fair reply, I know some people who refused to buy into the 9/10 thing because we were out the league for 4 years. Although, in my experience they’re in the minority

Most people I know were all about stopping the 10 this season. Each to their own I suppose, ultimately the outcome is 55
Good man!

Back