Everton New Stadium Given The Ok

With a bit of sense Belfast could have had a decent stadium for Norn Iron in the 'Titanic Quarter' about a decade and a half ago when the old Queens Island was starting to get redeveloped, that could have looked similar to that.
But no, we're stuck with a diddy wee joke of a stadium where the disabled section is the the top tier of the main stand.
I take it your a regular at internationals at Windsor park?

I like what Liverpool are trying to do as a city.

Seem a little more progressive than Glasgow when it comes to regeneration of areas.

Stadium looks great.
No surprise when the first two comments on this thread are complaining about parking!

As an outsider, Glasgow is mighty progressive though. I’ve never seen a city so under appreciated by its inhabitants before.

Used to be.
So your complaining about a stadium you don't attend,fair enough.
I quite like it with my hospitality padded seat,and nipping in and out for a beer or coffee and if it's a bit cold watch the game through the lovely triple glazed widows when I go to watch Linfield.
What's not to like about that?:cool:

So your complaining about a stadium you don't attend,fair enough.
I quite like it with my hospitality padded seat,and nipping in and out for a beer or coffee and if it's a bit cold watch the game through the lovely triple glazed widows when I go to watch Linfield.
What's not to like about that?:cool:
For an Irish League ground its more than fine. But for an international ground it's a little pathetic. 18k capacity? 25k maybe 30 at at the most would have been a better bet. And that stand, Jesus.

A very good point. Turn left and you head towards Bootle and Sefton. Turn right back along the Dockside to the Strand is manic without 50k fans heading that way. Only other way is up Leeds St towards the tunnel.
They have a park and ride for Goodison but I think this new ground will see gridlock traffic wise long after the game.
Looks like it will be an absolute nightmare getting away from the place at full time with most of the ground surrounded by water.
Imagine a 50,000 crowd at Ibrox all trying to exit the Copland road side of the ground.
Glad i wont be going anywhere near it.

Hate to mention them but if sunday nights game had been in that stadium christie‘s shot would have landed in the water

South stand. The Kop & railway ends are decent enough and the North Stand is overdue a new roof and refurb but is okay aside from that but the new South stand is just embarrassing
In what way?
Maybe get in touch with the IFA and tell them about the stand that your embarrassed about.
Who knows they might even build a new one,just for you who doesn't attend games.

Looks like a shopping centre.

I hate these new stadiums. Utterly soulless.

And the name change, also -- "There's fun for all the family at Bramley-Moore!" Boak

Goodison Loyal.
Goodison is a proper auld football ground.. Been there on a few occasions and every time it's been a great day out.. Cracking atmosphere

I like what Liverpool are trying to do as a city.

Seem a little more progressive than Glasgow when it comes to regeneration of areas.

Stadium looks great.
I think Glasgow is one of the most progressive councils, for planning applications in the British isles. But only if it's for their favourite team. If you happen to not be from their favourites, you will have umpteen hurdles to jump, and dare I say it, hoops to go through. But all in the name of fairness. They back their heritage, why do we vote for them.

Good luck to them. A proper football club and long may they continue (and before anyone says it, I have no idea if they are the 19th Century Terrorists of Liverpool with a chapel in their ground ) I have heard the story too many times and have forgotten which one it was (if any) :-D. That may be a story for another time

Back