Jason Cummings dedicates his goal to the fans..

ItsInTheNet

Rangers goal hero Jason Cummings dedicated his first goal for the club to the travelling supporters, even though they nearly crushed him amid the wild celebrations that greeted his strike against Ross County.

Cummings came on as a late substitute in the match and scored with a deflected effort to put Rangers two goals to the good with eight minutes remaining. It was to prove crucial too, after County hit a late consolation through a David Ngog penalty.

The former Hibs man couldn’t hide his delight as he slid towards the fans, performing his trademark celebration by holding up the Joker tattoo on his hand to his face, before he disappeared under a sea of bodies as fans spilled onto the pitch.

The smile underneath his hand was just as large though as he spoke after the game after being blown away by the reception he had been given by the Rangers support.

“I thought I died!” Cummings laughed. “Honestly, I didn’t think I was going to get up, I was praying for the coppers to come and get them off of me.

“It was good for the first 10 seconds and then I couldn’t breathe, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. I was crushed more with Grado though, he’s a bit bigger.

“I can’t mind how many were on top of me, I just remember a big pair of denim jeans in my face.

“I did a knee slide and the momentum of the wet pitch took me into the fans, so I was kind of stuck, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

“It was fantastic, I’m buzzing. The fans were different class and I was saying to the boys that if I got on I would have to score and go sliding into the fans. I got my chance and I took it, so I’m buzzing.

“To be fair, even at Ibrox I got a great reception, and they were signing my name today every time I was down there.

“They’ve been different class with me, so that goal was for them.”

Cummings was delighted to get off the mark so early in his Rangers career, and he hopes he can now get close to match fitness in order to show the Ibrox fans what he is really capable of.

“It helps strikers to get a goal in your first couple of games, your confidence is sky-high,” he said.

“You don’t want it to go on longer. The fans start to get on your back and you end up trying too hard, so now I’ve got my goal and I can kick on for Wednesday now.

“Confidence has never really been an issue for me to be fair.”

Rangers manager Graeme Murty discussed the possibility of playing both Cummings and Alfredo Morelos as a front pairing in the future, and Cummings admits it is a mouthwatering prospect as he looks to force his way into the starting eleven.

“I can’t complain, I’m not match fit at all and I haven’t had many games in the past few months,” he said.

“Morelos has been banging the goals in as well, so I was happy just to come on and try to get a goal, and hopefully in the next few weeks I can push for a start.

“I don’t see why I couldn’t play with Alfredo. He’s the type of player I like to play with, he gets himself about the pitch, makes runs and gets goals.

“I can see us playing up front together and causing teams problems. I think the manager will do it one day.”

He has all the traits to become a cult hero at this club, if he hasn’t already done so.

If he continues to endear himself to the support & is able to make an honest account of himself then who knows what heights he could reach.

I can see him being here for many years, lapping up the adulation.

Rangers goal hero Jason Cummings dedicated his first goal for the club to the travelling supporters, even though they nearly crushed him amid the wild celebrations that greeted his strike against Ross County.

Cummings came on as a late substitute in the match and scored with a deflected effort to put Rangers two goals to the good with eight minutes remaining. It was to prove crucial too, after County hit a late consolation through a David Ngog penalty.

The former Hibs man couldn’t hide his delight as he slid towards the fans, performing his trademark celebration by holding up the Joker tattoo on his hand to his face, before he disappeared under a sea of bodies as fans spilled onto the pitch.

The smile underneath his hand was just as large though as he spoke after the game after being blown away by the reception he had been given by the Rangers support.

“I thought I died!” Cummings laughed. “Honestly, I didn’t think I was going to get up, I was praying for the coppers to come and get them off of me.

“It was good for the first 10 seconds and then I couldn’t breathe, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. I was crushed more with Grado though, he’s a bit bigger.

“I can’t mind how many were on top of me, I just remember a big pair of denim jeans in my face.

“I did a knee slide and the momentum of the wet pitch took me into the fans, so I was kind of stuck, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

“It was fantastic, I’m buzzing. The fans were different class and I was saying to the boys that if I got on I would have to score and go sliding into the fans. I got my chance and I took it, so I’m buzzing.

“To be fair, even at Ibrox I got a great reception, and they were signing my name today every time I was down there.

“They’ve been different class with me, so that goal was for them.”

Cummings was delighted to get off the mark so early in his Rangers career, and he hopes he can now get close to match fitness in order to show the Ibrox fans what he is really capable of.

“It helps strikers to get a goal in your first couple of games, your confidence is sky-high,” he said.

“You don’t want it to go on longer. The fans start to get on your back and you end up trying too hard, so now I’ve got my goal and I can kick on for Wednesday now.

“Confidence has never really been an issue for me to be fair.”

Rangers manager Graeme Murty discussed the possibility of playing both Cummings and Alfredo Morelos as a front pairing in the future, and Cummings admits it is a mouthwatering prospect as he looks to force his way into the starting eleven.

“I can’t complain, I’m not match fit at all and I haven’t had many games in the past few months,” he said.

“Morelos has been banging the goals in as well, so I was happy just to come on and try to get a goal, and hopefully in the next few weeks I can push for a start.

“I don’t see why I couldn’t play with Alfredo. He’s the type of player I like to play with, he gets himself about the pitch, makes runs and gets goals.

“I can see us playing up front together and causing teams problems. I think the manager will do it one day.”
They ain’t half going on about the ‘deflected’ goal, it took a wee nick off a player and was heading in anyway, you would think it was a blatant contact off a player that had the goalie diving the other way. It was innocuous, it wasn’t till I saw the replay from a different angle that I noticed it.

Last edited:
He’s some character. I wonder if those calling him a wee ned when we were linked with him have changed their opinions
I didnt like him.

I was right not to like him.

I hope he behaves like a Ranger should.

I dont give a fck what anyone else thinks but even if he is a wee ned or not, hes now our wee ned and the rest of football can go ram themselves. He has our full support.

I wonder if he scores against the HIVs on Saturday his celebration might be more subdued..........NAW!

dyMac, post: 826667, member: 2360"]He’s some character. I wonder if those calling him a wee ned when we were linked with him have changed their opinions[/QUOTE]
Who is this ned that you speak of.

You know for a number of years, will wee lad hasn’t had a hero in a Rangers shirt and adore...

I believe he is finding one right now!!

I think it’ll be more than just wee lads. Me and my brother were at a soft play yesterday for my wee lass’ birthday. Let’s just say we embarrassed everyone when the second goal went in. :D
This. A few of the usual suspects have been quiet of late.

I dunno why some folk even bother.

Pissed off with: our songs, our chairman, our board, our manager, most of the players, young fans, old fans, fans that leave early, fans that celebrate, fans that don’t sing enough, the view from the club deck and the grass being green.

Have I missed anything?

I think he’ll go on to become a massive cult hero at Ibrox!

It’s impossible not to like the guy :D

Cummings was a niggly wee c*nt when he played against us,he’s ours now and will be backed to the hilt.

I used to call him all the names under the sun while he was at Hivs, pretty understandable really but I'm delighted he's at us and hope he bangs them in.
Loved the celebrations aswell.

I’m assuming you’ve quoted the wrong person mate :D

No, I think I was quoting you.

Punters will only find something else to slaughter the club about. Or such like.

The club has been abominably run. Even though it has been by so called Rangers men (that was their running ticket) - And please don't insult my intelligence with crap about Ashley. That's a different show altogether.

We've wasted three years management wise.

I've loved certain away results over the last couple of months.

But it is still no way near good enough.

The management at all levels need to up their game.

The transfer window seems to have been good for us and a sign of the boards' intent.

I cannot forgive certain power brokers at Ibrox for Pedro. Let's pray that they won't have any input into the signing of the next manager.

Just loved the goal and celebrations. Cannot wait for him to be fully fit and fully integrated into the team.

A few OF goals and he will be a cult hero.
Fire us to a title and he will be elevated to the kind of status held for people like Michael Mols etc

Hope he continues to score and I would definitely like to see him and Morelos play as two both of them have got that swagger and Cummings plays with a smile on his face hero in the making I’ve no doubts about his ability smashing signing just what our team needed

I hope the megastore have their finger out regarding shirt printing stock, the amount of wee boys and lassies with a crush wanting his name would make us a fortune

I think a lot of us bears, did have an opinion of him when he was at Hibs (me included), but i am sure a lot us didn't know how much of a Ranger he actually was. Since he has been here and in a very short time I really like the guy.:);):p:D

I think a lot of us bears, did have an opinion of him when he was at Hibs (me included), but i am sure a lot us didn't know how much of a Ranger he actually was. Since he has been here and in a very short time I really like the guy.:);):p:D
Despite playing for Hibs I’ve always liked him. I’m just glad he has regular haircuts now.

Loved that goal yesterday. Can't remember the last goal I celebrated like that.

Would love him to grab a goal this Saturday.

Back