Patterson lad, you are forgiven

As I’ve said before, there has to mitigating circumstance, the gaffer has looked at this, took proportionate action and we move on. Given SG’s professional standards, I’m 100% confident they wouldn’t be any where the team if it wasn’t justifiable.

I thought some were going ott about punishment on here. Bassey, Patterson and perhaps some of the others too are assets or can be assets to us. Not a dig at Leon but when we had main position fullback playing we looked better and their defenders would have to worry about our fullback attacking. You could argue by not playing Patterson the whole team were being punished due to playing out of position, covering and taking some of Baloguns workload and responsibility on to their own game. With injuries and suspension we will need Patterson. I hope he is available in the league and we challenge any spfl proposed punishments citing the other cases and lack of action.

Not going to sugar coat this, but he’s got a future ahead of him that could make him a fortune and the way he acted could be brought up at any time.
It’s only one mistake he’s made and it better be his last or his character may be questioned.

There are a very few players who don’t make mistakes in their early days, and I hope this is his one and only.

STEVEN GERRARD trusts him in the RANGERS FIRST TEAM.

I hope he understands now, what he’s got and could lose.

I said I’d leave it up to Steven Gerrard. He made the call.

Lad comes on, scores instantly and has a solid half.

Lessons learned young man, head down and repay your manager, the club and support.

Slots into RB for me, lad has an abundance of qualities.
Did SG agree to this decision making process?

& if so.. Is there a waiting list or is it first come first served?

Like 55 for instance?

This will be very interesting. For me you cannot be punished twice. Police have dealt with it. They have served isolation. I have a feeling that as it was individuals we can argue club should not be punished. Let’s be honest. They have left themselves open in terms of Dubaigate and Linesmangate!
Jones and Edmundson were given fines and also a 7 match domestic ban although they mingled with members of the public rather than just amongst themselves.. Dubai and the linesman are the difference and I would expect we challenge any ban unless other bans are handed out.

I would say that. However, he certainly won himself a reprieve tonight. Hands up, I said I thought he should be shown the door with the rest, but i'm content to let the gaffer decide their punishment. He showed just what he can bring to the side tonight and it would be mental to let that talent go just to be right on principle.

Anybody notice the smile and the clip round the ear the gaffer gave him at FT?

p.s. What are the odds the mentally challengeds are writing to UEFA in droves right now, complaining he shouldnt have played tonight

I'll be honest, I didn't think Gerrard was the forgiving type.

In the big picture it may be the best thing that happens to his career. As long as he takes away from it how close he has been to the door and uses it as a motivation and doesn't take out of it that he's too big to be binned, then it should help him take the next step.

giphy.gif
That celebration.

The circumstances must be different to Jones and edmundson you would think when the club haven't suspended them.

Possibly also why we heard the club have been in dialogue with league and sfa.

Only reason I can think why the guys came straight back in.

That was called grabbing a second chance by the balls, delighted for him and thought Gerrard was class with him at the end.

He made a daft mistake as a young 19 year old boy and some people on here as usual jumped the gun and had him sacked. He's a young boy and as usual very few take a step back. Embarrasing some of the reactions on here last week
Hopefully a few have a look at themselves going forward

Great psychology from Stevie to put Patterson and Zungu on the pitch tonight.
He is showing them, that the club have 'moved on' from the event, so will be used if required. Plus it potentially takes the sting out the situation from a lot of fans.

Not going to sugar coat this, but he’s got a future ahead of him that could make him a fortune and the way he acted could be brought up at any time.
It’s only one mistake he’s made and it better be his last or his character may be questioned.

There are a very few players who don’t make mistakes in their early days, and I hope this is his one and only.

STEVEN GERRARD trusts him in the Rangers FIRST TEAM.

I hope he understands now, what he’s got and could lose.
I think that pat on the head from Gerrard told us, well done and dont be an arsehole again. I dont think he will and I think gerrard knows that.

Have to say he was great tonight and I'm happy to say so as I wanted his head on a platter. Hopefully he will learn from his stupidity because if he remains professional off the pitch we have a player on our hands.
Hope you didn't find another team to support

He made a massive error of judgement. The experience has no doubt given him a crash course in what is expected as a Rangers player. Someone is always watching.

I was one who said that he shouldn't or couldn't be punted- but- at the same time it would have been unfair to Balogun to be papped out the team, given his performances at makeshift right back. That changed tonight. Patterson grabbed the nettle with that performance tonight.

Tav must be worried!!

The mhanks will be looking up every rule book they can find to see if they can complain and try and get the game tonight null and void, that's how pathetic they are, sad faced basses.

Quite a few folk ought to be embarrassed at the shite they were posting about him the last few days.

He was brilliant when he came on, the goal obviously was great, but it was the maturity and confidence of his performance for an 18 year old lad, especially after what would have been a tough couple of weeks (self inflicted I know)
excellent post. The abuse he was getting and fans wanting him sacked was way over the top. Not everyone can be perfect all of the time

@Valley Bluenose you are quiet tonight ;) what did I say?
Oh I'm here - and I've commented. See post #188 on the thread below.

Just watched SG interview and he seemed to hint at further punishments to come - which adds another perspective to things. SG has forgiven him so I will follow our leader.

He is showing them, that the club have 'moved on' from the event, so will be used if required. Plus it potentially takes the sting out the situation from a lot of fans.
You can also imagine the huge lift the boys will have got from that, getting a second chance after a difficult fortnight.

His goal was the one I celebrated the most, absolutely buzzing for the lad. He made his mistake and he has fronted up to it.. time to move on and become a legend of this great club.

Patterson v Tierney at this age. Now Tierney is an excellent player although injury prone.

How do you thing young Nathan ranks with him at the same age ?
Obviously there is much room for improvement, which will only come from match experience.

Could we have just as good as player on our hands ?

Oh I'm here - and I've commented. See post #188 on the thread below.

Just watched SG interview and he seemed to hint at further punishments to come - which adds another perspective to things. SG has forgiven him so I will follow our leader.

The further punishment is from National FA. as i alluded to the other night, SG has made mistakes and knows hes a young boy with his first learning experience as a professional player. SG is protecting his player and i’m pretty confident he has a huge career with us. Edmunson and Jones aren’t comparable because to be honest they aren’t on the level NP is.

The boy has made mistakes but this could very well be the making of him. What a goal! Not ashamed to admit I was a bit emotional watching that goal, something special about one of your own doing that on the big stage!

thought SG interview was very good as well.

Only in Scotland would you be hounded out of the country for ordering a Chinese carry out. The boys has tholed his assize. Super prospect well beyond his years on the field. The club will sort out the rest.

Lets not turn it into a slagging match gents. I dont know if the lad looks on here, but I hope he does. He's been to hell & back.

I just wanted to get a positive reaction and to be fair, I've not been dissapointed.

Lets not turn it into a slagging match gents. I dont know if the lad looks on here, but I hope he does. He's been to hell & back.

I just wanted to get a positive reaction and to be fair, I've not been dissapointed.
Anycunt with anything negative, get them to %^*& off the forum!!!

Gerrard said he might need to take more punishment.
Sounds like he knows somethings coming his way.
lady's front bottom s

Back