How good a manager do we have in Gerrard

Kylegib

As most of you will know I've been a massive supporter of Gerrard. I really wanted us to go for a massive name and was singing the praises of Gerrard prior to his arrival. I will be totally honest and I thought he'd be lucky to survive our defeat to Hamilton last season. I think we've got an absolute gem in Gerrard and would like to gauge opinion of the forum.

He is going to leave here an absolute legend, and rightly so.

I cant honestly believe we are still unbeaten in Europe going in to March!! Just think about that for a minute. That is phenomenal for any team never mind a team from Scotland.

Make no mistake, we are the Pride of Scotland. NO other team has done what we have for this country's coefficients.

As most of you will know I've been a massive supporter of Gerrard. I really wanted us to go for a massive name and was singing the praises of Gerrard prior to his arrival. I will be totally honest and I thought he'd be lucky to survive our defeat to Hamilton last season. I think we've got an absolute gem in Gerrard and would like to gauge opinion of the forum.
Don’t know but I wanted Petric on in midfield at half time!!!!

He is going to leave here an absolute legend, and rightly so.

I cant honestly believe we are still unbeaten in Europe going in to March!! Just think about that for a minute. That is phenomenal for any team never mind a team from Scotland.

Make no mistake, we are the Pride of Scotland. NO other team has done what we have for this country's coefficients.
They'll never thank us but they should be kissing our feet.

I didn`t think he`d be the man for the job how wrong was I, also think its because of who he is hes been given the time needed to get this team playing his way
Me too. The appointment of great players frequently ends in disaster. In Gerard King found the right man. He has all the attributes including a sharp intelligence which I think is a prerequisite and often lacking in those brilliant players who have failed in management.

The whole backroom team and Steven Gerrard have given us our Rangers back. I salute every one of them.
This is what we have been longing for in ages. Building a foundation for which to build on.

The development of players is something else and if we can become a constant CL group team and make good profit from player recruitment we can be on a good footing for years.

Reactions: Dan
He has an aptitude for getting the best out of his players, is a PR professional and one handsome bastard.

Just watching his interview and the way he's talking about Patterson really stands out.

Most managers would avoid the question or if they answered it they'd either throw the player under the bus or mollycoddle. Instead he turned it into a motivational moment with a bit of tough love. Right now I bet Nathan would run through a wall for him

We can only hope that he stays for many years, every season we have progressed under him. As tough as it is getting into champs league consistently, I can see him building squads that can compete with most big euro clubs. If we could do that every season then only a few clubs could tempt him away. Let's go.

On the European scene he’s been phenomenal from day one. Since the return to football after the first lockdown, he’s came back a different animal in every aspect of football management.

I didn’t think there was any way back after Tynecastle and Hamilton last season. What a turn around and Gerrard deserves immense credit. What he’s giving us this season is something no one predicted.

He’s not getting enough praise.

He was captain of club and country so knows how to lead players. As our manager, he has also demonstrated an ability to learn which in any walk of life is a fantastic attribute. He is still an inexperienced manager in the big scheme of things but at our club he has what could be argued an unique opportunity to accelerate his acumen given the profile, pressure of old firm challenge, media and fan expectations as well as a gateway to learn on the European stage. He is taking those opportunities. He will no doubt only continue to improve until he unfortunate outgrows Scotland. Surrounding himself with good support network is also a sign of great leadership.

Dont let the guy leave, i would love to see him given a few years and serious investment to give the CL a few cracks

His stock is rising quite considerably with each passing year, and this year it’s went through the roof. We will do well to hold on to him to be perfectly honest, I’m just loving it while I can!

He's developed into a top manager
Key is having a talented backroom staff that he trusts especially Michael Beale

And the way he was celebrating and smiling tonight would piss over certain quarters who want him gone

I was always willing to give him to the end of his contract when he first came it was never going to be an easy fix and was surprised that so many thought he should be binned if he didnt win a trophy or the league within a certain time frame, As long as progress was seen to be getting made it was acceptable to me but i never expected a season like this romping to the title and a brilliant European run.

Hopefully hes in his car now and away down the road for a few days to spend time with his family, as we don't play again till Wednesday . Vital he spends as much time as possible with the family, as ultimately that's what will be the biggest influence in his future with us imo.

We are going to have some very unwelcome phone calls regards him in the summer.

Hopefully hes in his car now and away down the road for a few days to spend time with his family, as we don't play again till Wednesday . Vital he spends as much time as possible with the family, as ultimately that's what will be the biggest influence in his future with us imo.
Agreed mate.

It goes under the radar a bit, but the sacrifice he is making living away from his family is absolutely massive.

I am hugely appreciative of that.

Think he is a great figurehead but can’t take away the group effort of the team he has working alongside him.
I agree and that’s why he is such a superb manager. The days of a football club being run by a single, charismatic individual are long gone. Steven Gerrard knows exactly what he is and has built a management team that, like the playing squad, is greater than the sum of their parts. He is a very astute man who combines intelligence with humility. His managerial career could eclipse his playing career. And he was not too shabby as a player!

On the European scene he’s been phenomenal from day one. Since the return to football after the first lockdown, he’s came back a different animal in every aspect of football management.

I didn’t think there was any way back after Tynecastle and Hamilton last season. What a turn around and Gerrard deserves immense credit. What he’s giving us this season is something no one predicted.

He’s not getting enough praise.
This was a turning point CC. SG and the team used that time better than anyone else. He clearly used the break to demotivate himself and the coaching team and the players. This season is just the result of steady progression and some great recruitment. What football they have blessed us with at times.

Not a sgood as what we're going to have.

Gerrard has kicked on each year since he came and I expect that to continue.

Back