Europa League draw - Rangers will play Slavia Prague

A hard draw imo. Their supporters will be looking at the draw and think they'll do us. We're looking at it and thinking that we'll do them. It should be a good tie.

Last edited:
A "glamour" tie is all well and good, but this gives us a much better chance of getting to the quarters and getting some extra cash in the bank. I'd be happy with avoiding the bigger teams until as late as possible, but looking at the ties there, the quarter finals will be difficult to get through. With the exception of Man United & Milan, and Granada & Molde, there's a strong favourite in each tie.

Happy with that watched them last night against Leicester and they pretty ordinary will be difficult but winnable glad we're away from home first. Also the two Ukrainian teams getting tough draws is a bonus and one of Man utd or Milan will be eliminated

Well matched - seem like a few similarities a between us and them this season with them unbeaten too. I fancy us but it’s a tricky tie, as all of them bar Molde and YB would be.

Didn’t pay that close attention so just had a wee squiz at their group stage results which were a mixed bag.
Two bad losses away to Leverkusen (4-0) and Beer Sheva.
The joy of knockout football that Leverkusen are now out and they remain.

I thought they looked dangerous on the break last night and the striker has a big price on his head.
It’s a tough tie but you’d expect that at this stage and it could have been much worse for me.
Could go either way.

Good chance for us. We need to be a bit tighter at the back against them, but if all our best midfielders and forwards are available then we can beat them. Why not, we are a very good side.

Will be cheering on Villarreal and Roma as well, the Man U v Milan tie is clearly the pick of the round.
Will be a tough tie, but we have to go in with confidence.

Unbeaten in their league against a team who wiped out the mentally challengeds. Their striker Abdallah Sima being linked with a few clubs and looks a really good player. Think this will be tougher than some people expect.

We can win this, if we can play at our high tempo, this could have been a lot tougher than it is, we march on?

Not the household name, but a team That appears in CL or EL regularly.
Need to get back to shut outs in Europe to progress from this one.

Can we do that....yes we can

I’m delighted with the draw. We have a more than decent chance of progressing to the last 8.

Bloody hell, their CL draw last year was brutal.

Drawn in a group with Dortmund, Barcelona and Inter!

Looks like they have lost their two best players to West Ham since then. (Soucek and Coufal)

They are a good team. They are used to winning a lot. If we attack like last night we'll get goals. If we defend like last night, they'll get goals. More favourable than Man Utd or Spurs, less favourable than Granada/Molde. Basically we can win, but it will be tough.

I wanted Molde but this again is a winnable tie. Its going to be a lot tougher than Antwerp, but we will set up very different against them.

Get a draw over there and I believe we will go through to the quarters.

Last year we got Leverkusen, in that comparison I think this tie is more winnable, very hard game still.

This is the better prague team that is often forgot about. Not the lesser one that as we all know destroyed celtic home and away this season.

A bit nervous watching the draw,I thought we would be drawing Manchester United, I would rather avoid the English clubs.
No walkovers at this stage, it will be a tough tie.

They lost 4-1 to Midtjylland in UCL qualifiers

They were solid last night. Not electrifying.

Leicester offered nothing in attack

I think we do ourselves a disservice, Leicester don't offer the same threat in attack as we do despite the fact they're sitting 3rd in the EPL.

Stevie G said last night we'd be 'punching above our weight', I hope and believe that's his media savvy working, meanwhile telling the team we can beat anyone with the talent and game plan that we have.

I don't want to sound over confident but I don't think this will be a problem, I expect us to make the quarter final with some comfort.

They lost 4-1 to Midtjylland in UCL qualifiers

They were solid last night. Not electrifying.

Leicester offered nothing in attack
Agreed. Can’t believe the number of folk suggesting this is a tough draw. Not compared to getting Man U, Spurs, Milan, Roma, or Villarreal it’s not. No easy gigs at this stage but it could have been much harder.

Glamour ties mean nothing without the fans, a tie that is easy to win and get us into the next round is exactly what I had hoped for. The glamour can start with the semi finals, then hopefully a final to remember is all I want. A very winnable tie and a round that if we come through could see our coefficient improve with the Ukrainian teams eliminated. Happy Bear.

Back