Europa League draw - Rangers will play Slavia Prague

We're unbeaten in our league and miles ahead of the scum. Sparta v Scum has no relevance here. It's another 50:50 game for us. Slavia are nothing special and were as good a draw as we were getting in this round. They'll be as happy as us with the draw.
I’m aware we are unbeaten in our league mate I don’t think many aren’t :oops:

They are no mugs but certainly winnable, the level of team we are more than used to playing. Will need to watch their big striker who looks a player.

Slavia Prague v Rangers

Games will be played on -

First legs: 11 March
Second legs: 18 March

Exact timings to be announced shortly.

tzcAQTg.png
Great draw for us. What a chance to progress, especially with the first leg away.

Should be 2 cracking games with 2 even sides. They score a lot but also concede a few away from home. Stanciu is the main danger I think.

Wife is Czech and I go over once or twice a year for the last 15 years see the family who support Viktoria Plzen.

Would have been a game I'd liked to have gone to even if their fans are proper hooligans.

Keep thinking of that sketch in Come Fly with me when Tommy goes to pragooway :)) (tried and failed to find on YouTube for context )
Genuinely thought we'd get an English team the way the draw was going but pretty happy with that.

Get the league done before the Knew Camp and we can fully focus on Europe.

Such a unique opportunity.

Mitdyiland beat them 4 1 to get into the champions league and drew 0 0 away in Prague

Slavia beat Leverkusen 1 0 at home but lost 4 0 away.

Tough opponent but there seems to be the odd terrible result now and again.

We are 16/1 to win it Slavia are 66/1 which is strange.

Last edited:
Good match. Could have been worse/ better. Happy to see ac Milan v man utd get one of the tougher teams out for the next round

Watched them last night against Leicester and they looked a decent side. But IMHO I feel that the tougher the tie, the better we perform and although it will be a close couple of games, I feel we can do it. No bad teams left at this stage of competition. C, Mon the Gers!

That would have been an amazing euro trip, Prague is an amazing city

I think it's a decent draw, although we can't underestimate them

Slavia Prague v Rangers

Games will be played on -

First legs: 11 March
Second legs: 18 March

Exact timings to be announced shortly.

tzcAQTg.png
Man Utd v Milan will be a belter. If we can get through, and I fancy our chances, and a good draw we could be looking at semi finals here!!

Comments and positivity on here today is great. Question ... what do the bookies give as odds ? I think we would be slight favourites

Saw them v Leicester yesterday -they are a very solid, well coached team and will be tough to play thru. They have a couple of very creative midfielders that handle the ball very well. No recognizable or big names that I was aware of. Leicester hardly laid a glove on them but did not start their best 11 and were rightly punished for it. Prague broke in numbers on the counter and we will need to be very wary of this. Their 2nd goal emphasizes the point if you get a chance to see it.

Mitdyiland beat them 4 1 to get into the champions league and drew 0 0 away in Prague

Slavia beat Leverkusen home and away in the groups.

I don't think that's right mate. Leverkusen topped the group.

Last edited:
Tough draw. Hopefully keep it tight in Prague and have a real go at them at Ibrox. Won't be able to afford to many defensive brain fart moments like we had against Antwerp.

Slavia beat Leverkusen home and away in the groups.

Leverkusen beat Slavia 4-0 in the groups.

Hapoel Beer-Sheva beat them 3-1 as well.

I want to go through to the quarter finals. What's the point of a "glamour tie" just to be knocked out?
Exactly. It’s not like the Tims would/should give 1 fück about us mocking their route to the 1967 EC; they still won it. Or Leicester fans caring about the fact all the big guns were poor the year they won the EPL

Leave glamour and cavalier football and love me, love me to the Celtics and West Hams of this world; I’ll take winning and going deep into tournaments by any means necessary any day of the week

@mdingwall maybe you can add to OP

Dates confirmed
Thursday 11 March, 17:55
Slavia Praha vs Rangers

Thursday 18 March, 20:00
Rangers vs Slavia Praha

Thursday 11 March, 17:55
Ajax vs Young Boys
Dynamo Kyiv vs Villarreal
Manchester United vs AC Milan
Slavia Praha vs Rangers

Thursday 11 March, 20:00