Our best striker since Mccoist?

Best striker since Mccoist?

• Total voters
Pre-injury Mols , that is almost inarguable.

Wallace waa great as was Jelavic but they werent there ling enough.

Boyd for me.

Even now, Boyd doesn’t get the respect he deserves. Far and away our best finisher since McCoist and whilst I’m not saying that makes him the winner, he absolutely must be on the list.

From such a short list it has to be Alfie. Prso became a kind of cult figure but when it comes to strikers it's about scoring goals. That's why I personally think Boyd best since Ally. He wasn't a great player or have the technical ability of some but his goal scoring record says it all.

90 goals in 171 games isn’t bad, played his first season in a hoaching Rangers team as a 21 year old.

Take away 17/18 and his record is

72 in 128, very good record.
Not a bad record at all but since the break last season he hasn't looked the sharpest in front of goal in good number of games. Thursday he was immense though.
He can appear a bit sluggish and even might be a little bit overweight looking too.

The way Gerrard has us playing is brilliant but some games we are crying out for a poacher like McCoist was and I'd love to see Alfie bring that to his game. He can sometimes miss the chances when he has time to think.

Boyd was great in the league but maybe toiled in the bigger games whereas Alfie thrives on those.
Not easy to judge but he is a cracking player.

Are we talking only number 9s here. No mention of de boer which surprises. One of the most skilful we’ve had in that period.

Mols was absolutely sensational in those first four months, but it was only really four months that we saw the best of him unfortunately so I can’t include him for such a short space of time.

Instead I voted for Jelavic, who for my money pips Prso as the best striker we’ve had since Hateley - a really intelligent and elegant footballer and a natural finisher capable of some truly spectacular goals.

Imagine how good he’d be in this current side?

Hateley is the best striker I’ve ever seen the season Super got the leg break proved that single handed took us to the title. McCoist my all time greatest but Hateley was unplayable.

Mols before injury no question my favourite was prso but jelavic as a player was better jelavic was unreal his goal at sheepland wow

Ally was domestically hard to be bettered but imo Rangers is a club that needs European quality and thats where i feel others have emulated him while falling shorter in Scotland.

From such a short list it has to be Alfie. Prso became a kind of cult figure but when it comes to strikers it's about scoring goals. That's why I personally think Boyd best since Ally. He wasn't a great player or have the technical ability of some but his goal scoring record says it all.
The anyone else bit makes the list very long mate...

We've had many great players but likes of Mols Prso didn't last due to injury. Jelavic not here long enough and Boyd scored a lot of goals but you couldn't play him in certian games. So in terms ofwhat they done and over a sustained period of time it has to be Miller or Alfie.

All great, so many more also rightly mentioned. All part of our history and past glories , but Alfie for me is spearheading our return with a total , " No-one likes us, we don't care" mentality.

If it’s talent we’re talking about, Mols and Jelavic are the best since McCoist. If it’s just goals then it’s Boyd.

Alfie for me

He’s got the lot, unplayable at times

Regardless of how good a game he’s having he’s always a problem

I seen them all including McCoist whole career I have said this before Alfie is a better player at his age than Ally was the question is can Alfie take the massive jump ally did in his mid 20s IMO he will

All of them should have been on the list.
Sandaza WTF. is he doing there?:oops:
Having said that,and I know it won’t be too popular,but it’s probably Kenny Miller.
Kenny Miller the best servant to the club. No doubt about it.

Not sure about the best.

Marco Negri was the best finisher I have seen at Ibrox. Watch his 5 goals against the Arabs. Header, left, right, hit early, lob keeper. Did nothing for the team but score goals. Mols was different gravy. DeBoer was class. Gabby Amato was tenacious. Including the list above we have had a lot of good strikers over the years. In terms of goals alone, best since Super Ally has to be Boyd.

It’s pre-injury Mols by a distance from me.

Until that night in Munich, he was on track to join Morton, Baxter and Laudrup as one of the very best players we have ever had.

Alfie has probably now surpassed both Prso and Jelavic for me. I loved Dado and he was an absolute warrior I the 04/05 seasons dragging us to a title but he had big injury problems after that.

Jelavic is on the list. Boyd miller and naismith surely wouldn't be picked over the ones on it. Mols should be as stated above. Wallace mmmmm maybe aye
Boyd miller Naismith not picked over sandaza? Are you fuckin high?

Alfie is now the best since McCoist imo
Mols would have been up there with our greatest ever had it not been for injury though

Michael Mols.
I voted for Alfie as that last night was incredible. However Mols was on a different level and the thought of what could have been is almost Durrant esque. Actually world class then he got his injury. Thing is we probably could have kept hold of him at that time as it was before the obscene money on offer in England.

Back