Its true - We are in C****cs rear view mirror

You are never more than a season behind in my opinion. (2012-2016 exempt)

we need to be ruthless this summer and keep the foot on their throat. They’ve got huge gamblers ahead of them.

1st is always the toughest but a 2nd here and direct entry to CL group stage and the guaranteed millions is as big for us as it will be a loss for them, and another nail in the coffin. Huge!

The problem they’ll have that we never, is we’ll keep improving to do better in Europe. When they get ahead they don’t improve because they think they don’t have to. They have no ambition other than beating us.

They still hold a financial advantage although we have proven that can be overcome.

One season at a time .

Let’s enjoy our moment in the knowledge that we have laid strong foundations for something special.

It can all change in a season, I’ve seen it before.
It can and I've seen it before too. But will they stick or twist? They should twist, but are they willing to take the chance of a few years of likely 2nd best? Who knows what will happen, but they haven't half put themselves under pressure, which is very nice

I’m dying my hair blue, blue, white, red face paint lines under my eyes and my new retro 74 Netherlands top. Big fire on the go to, gazebo if the rains coming from one side. No fire works yet, hoped will. BBQ on too btw swally too lmao

CL qualification is the key. Obtain this and the advantage is huge.

The next two seasons ironically depending how coefficients end u this year.

If its direct entrance to cl for winning the league next season I could see them throwing everything they have at attempting to win the league is a gamble.

If we get enough points c to secure auto cl place then next year begins even more important we could bury them for years

The fact the new ceo hasn't started yet no manager announced no dof, players wanting to leave others not signing. Losses etc

I think will be after we win the league if a big name to start in the summer or not will determine what happens.

I suspect they are going to downsize and Clarke, Ross or Neil who be manager but wouldn't be surprised if its howe.

Their biggest issue is season tickets is where a lot of income comes from if their fans don't like the manager they will boycott

The players they would normally get good money for are on 12 months left so they are going need a massive rebuild and pick up players and not turn a quick a profit by keeping them 2 seasons

Terry Butcher’s leg break changed the course of an entire season.

Things outwith normal control can happen.

They still hold a financial advantage although we have proven that can be overcome.

One season at a time .

Let’s enjoy our moment in the knowledge that we have laid strong foundations for something special.
Do they?
80 million going out.
Less than 40 million coming in?
Dermott Desmond pissed off with them.
Fans refusing to invest in season ticket money.
Very few big money assets left?

They have no advantage. Sporting or financial.
Football is fickle, but they have no advantage.
Although they'd like us to believe they do.

Those Piggery crackpots still believe that they have a " better squad " than us, despite being miles behind us in Scotland and a joke outfit in Europe. lol

I’ll be disappointed if we don’t do a 2/3IAR of our own in the coming seasons along with some Scottish and League cups.
Please just enjoy it, christ we've waited long enough to not have to instantly focus on 3 years time and whether or not we've done this or that. We will carry on being successful don't worry about that, we've got the proper Rangers back.

I agree we are on the up and favorites for next season 100%, but we are in the middle of our cycle of the current players on decent contracts its how we handle transition i,e don't do what Celtic done keep want away players into their last year of their deals we need to keep evolving either get them to sign a new deal or swiftly replace, I have ultimate trust in Gerrard and Wilson in how we navigate it but our first priority is new deals for Kamara, Goldson and Tavernier and finding a replacement for Morelos as is he definitely away in the summer!

We thought we were seasons ahead of them when O’Neil arrived.

we need to push from a position of strength.

we also need to remember that celtcs possible points total this year isn’t far off their best numbers. whereas we’ve dropped very little this year. It’s hard to improve on our totals, it’s easier to improve theirs.

Ever forward!

We are always in their rear view mirror; they are still in the garage. Just dig their illness bears. It’s a good time to be alive.

If Fritzl digs deep again as he probably will they’ll get a manager good enough to ensure they stop dropping points to the diddy teams, so it will be down to us to stay ahead of them and we win the OF games.

We thought we were seasons ahead of them when O’Neil arrived.

we need to push from a position of strength.

we also need to remember that celtcs possible points total this year isn’t far off their best numbers. whereas we’ve dropped very little this year. It’s hard to improve on our totals, it’s easier to improve theirs.

Ever forward!

Advocaat’s arrogance did us at that point. He thought pure football would always defeat brutal aggressive football. It doesnt.

Its what i love about us just now. We can play some great stuff but we also dig, graft and, if necessary, give a few kicks.

If Fritzl digs deep again as he probably will they’ll get a manager good enough to ensure they stop dropping points to the diddy teams, so it will be down to us to stay ahead of them and we win the OF games.
Like Rodgers. They react to our wins. Benitez would be their wet dream.

Hubris is soul destroying.

Professional football these days is actually quite a science. After 60 odd years, I've just realised this.

Good, technically gifted players are a prerequisite for success, but the science of strategy; tactics, coupled with gifted technicians aids success. Although I still advocate "Getting intae thim", 'perhaps I do need a rethink.

I think we have a squad of technically gifted players; some/ most of whom are a delight to watch AND who are trained, drilled and who "buy into" a performing ethos that excites.

It takes an extraordinary management team to achieve this. Our poet friends seem to think throwing money at their issues will provide a solution.

Charge on, I say - building what we have requires belief, soul and buy-in from playing staff - Who wouldn't play for Mr. Gerrard? The finance; vital, but ancillary.

WATP.

Last edited:
I feel confident our progress under Gerrard will continue and we will field a stronger squad next season. The mentally challengeds strength next season is completely unknown, new manager, big clear out, loads of new players. Who knows what the level of competition will be like, its hard to imagine them not being better managed and better coached. Lenny* was a gift but he has gone. The Presbyterian in me assumes the worst and sees us battling a much stronger enemy. I do think the little teams will be much weaker next season though, if so then the Glasgow derbies become even more crucial.
*I have been referring to NL as Lenny since the shark incident.

Yep, I will never forget listening to Clyde, driving home from the Dortmund game, where Wallace scored. Shoo told a caller we were light years ahead of Celtc. They appointed and bankrolled Fartin o’Squeal and won the title.

Enjoy this season and all it means and brings to us all

Next year will be full of changes

We will most likely sell a couple of our top players - only the draw of CL Footy will keep them or if we qualify for the CL Group before window closes and we can offset their value against monies earned.

The scum ? .........
New Chairman / CEO - with Dodgy Desmond hit or miss with cash
New Manager and Backroom
New Squad / Team
Little or no real core to build on, only 1 i can see them keeping and playing next year is Turnbull
ALL the loans will go back to parent club - the "want away's" will be sold to give new Manager a Kitty - same for all THEIR out on Loan players, punted to raise cash / cut costs.
Then have the real pressure to get all this pulled together and qualify through the CL Runners up route.

For the first time in a long time we are ahead of them, we must ensure we don't make the same arrogant mistakes they have.

55 is the GIRUY to all our haters - but remember - Never Forget, Never Forgive - not all our Brothers and Sisters have made it to this part of the Journey

Now that we are on top Steven Gerrards next big challenge as manager is keeping us there, keeping players feet on the ground, recruitment, a sustainable business model etc.

They still have the SFA and the refs to fall back on so it’s still going to be hard to stay out in front, until the swamp is drained of all types of enablers then we are still playing with one hand tied behind our backs, me personally this is the right time to say we want refs from elsewhere, we can trust refs from elsewhere to be honest enough with mistakes, the mistakes you see from our lot aren’t honest, cheating is how I’d put it!

One season at a time..!

but enjoy the @&£“ out of this one - we deserve world class levels of gloating after all we’ve been through

We won’t show the same arrogance or complacency that they have, we have gone through too much to allow that to happen, they on the other hand are rid of the two men who helped install that arrogance, which will be a help to them, but they have a massive rebuild, and with McKay not getting his feet under the table until July, even if he’s already pre planning, he needs to get a DOF and management team in place very quickly, who then have to rebuild almost an entire squad.

Our rebuild took so long because we were stripped of almost all our top players, and put down to the lowest division in the SPFL, therefore being deprived of basically all non-ticket sale funding for years. To suggest their rebuild will take longer when the worst they have to face is a new manager and some want away players (who they will get good fees for) leaving is optimistic to say the least.

If we don’t qualify for the champions league next season we wont even have a financial advantage over them (or at least any significant one). This season has been outstanding and I hope we do go on a run, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Last edited:
The mentally challengeds got over confident and arrogant, Lennon, lawwell, the players, the fans,they thought the "10" was a certainty, things change quickly, i can't see Gerrard taking his eye off the ball,he knows the script.

Back