Picture of the terracing in the main stand

Dropped all sorts including specs, wallet, jacket on the deck in there though and managed to 'up chuck' on the walkway at the back after a heavy night/day session pre match one day.

So not that sensible:oops:
Great days had in there bouncing about like mad .

I cannot begin to describe how much I loved those days in the east enclosure. I’d still be standing in there to this day if it was still allowed. Those who have never experienced standing in a terracing will wonder what the fuss is . the Ibrox East and west enclosures were a match day experience never to forget.

Ah the memories. My first real Ibrox home just about on the penalty box line. 45 years later that remains my habit in any stadium...anyone got a macaroon bar or spearmint chewing gum handy...?

I used to alternate between the bouncy bit near the tunnel and the area next to The Copland. The photo is taken more or less from where I stood, that area was slightly raised up and it looked right down the byline . It was a cracking view when Rangers were shooting that way.

absolutely, the leeds game and the marseille game were just 2 fabulous atmospheres in there that stand out for me
Was in there the day we beat Hearts 4-0 to win the first of the NIAR. When news filtered through about the filth result ,the place just exploded. Total carnage. Couldn't speak for days after that,my throat was red raw with singing!

I remember before the fence was there and as a youngster sitting basically in the ash track!

great times

Wife, daughter and I had season tickets in the East enclosure when it was standing and the atmosphere was fantastic. We stood just in front of the Kinning Park boys around the 18 yard line of the home end. We had them for a few years after they changed to seating but was not the same for me.We ended up changing to the Copeland front. There were some great characters in there and the standing added to the atmosphere and banter was fantastic ;) ;) :D:DB-DB-D

I cannot begin to describe how much I loved those days in the east enclosure. I’d still be standing in there to this day if it was still allowed. Those who have never experienced standing in a terracing will wonder what the fuss is . the Ibrox East and west enclosures were a match day experience never to forget.
I used to stand in the West as a boy I remember the banter with the subs warming up .

First time I heard" because in your wife makes me a piece an jam every time I bang her" reply
From a player getting asked why" he was so fat"

That player was the famous Dougie Bell !

I fell in the EE when Hateley's header went in - still got a scar on my thumb from it :D - went on the McCoist bus from EK at the time - some great days

How did people feel when they had to switch their season ticket from standing in there to seating?
Moved to orange section in cop. Meant my dad who couldn't go all the time only got to european games when bought tickets together. Still get him to usually cup games with my son. He is now 91 and took me to my first game when I was 4 - 56 years ago.

We used to stand in the West Enclosure, under the old television gantry. One day someone spotted a young Sally McNair up above and she was “serenaded” the whole game.

Can see my spot just to the left of where the blonde haired guys head is. Right in front of the barrier next to the walkway.

Got some old ticket stubs 50p entry as a boy early 80's, great times.

Think I was paying £3.50 a ticket for the East Enclosure in it's final season (93/94) as a 14 year old.

I absolutely loved being in there.

Last time I stood there was a cup game against Stranraer and we won 8 nil. McCoist put a penalty over the bar. At one point we were cheering whenever Stranraer passed the ball. I can't remember why I was in the enclosure as I had a season ticket for the Copland then.

I used to stand in the West as a boy I remember the banter with the subs warming up .

First time I heard" because in your wife makes me a piece an jam every time I bang her" reply
From a player getting asked why" he was so fat"

That player was the famous Dougie Bell !
Do you also remenber watch the teams warming up before the game under the enclosure. My best experience was the 5-1 1988 game I actually swapped my season ticket in the Govan that day best thing I done.

Last edited:
How did people feel when they had to switch their season ticket from standing in there to seating?
"You can stick your Season Tickets up your Arse" was the chant to the Copland circa 1987 when you could still pay game by game and I was a regular there. ;)

Most memorable games were East Enclosure for the 2 each game against the scum when Woods, Butcher and McAvennie all got sent off and Gough scored a late equaliser, never heard a roar bigger before or since. Felt like a harrier jump jet was taking off.

The other standout was the Dynamo Kiev game, I was in the West Enclosure and all four stands were absolutely rocking and bouncing with the Billy Boys and all the other usual songs. Best atmosphere I've ever experienced overall that night.

The only thing that really rivalled the Enclosure was Section J at Hampden on Cup Final day but although the terracing was bigger, it was different because Ibrox is our home.

My first season ticket was as a juvenile in the West Enclosure. We got moved for a season to the East whilst they seated the West.

Great atmosphere in the Enclosures, especially OF and big Euro games, although the capacity for Euro games was lowered and you didn’t feel as crammed in.

Used to stand under the media gantry, 2nd section from the middle, and right next to the isle so that I got a relatively uninterrupted view to the Copland Rd end on my right.

Kept my ticket in the West after it as seated, we had decent seats near the halfway line and quite far back, but lost it when we boycotted STs under the spivs - now in the Copland but miss the Enclosure.

My first season ticket, EE

£120 or there about
That's sounds about right, in 91 Murray forced your hand about staying in the enclosure by making it season tickets, I still have my ticket stub from the last game before it - the title decider v Aberdeen 2 - 0, £4 to get in!! £120 for a season ticket and Rangers offered credit facilities through RBS and I used it

Was a bit sad however we had a choice of seats from the plan. Row p seat 150 was where I chose behind the Rangers dugout in front of the police control box. Cracking seat. Still in the east enclosure now but now in SE3 now but have had to move a couple of times to get seats together with my brother and pal
When I got my season ticket it was actually pretty much where I stood in the west. In line with broomloan, halfway up!

Back