Hypothetically - Dundee Utd v them next Sunday

TN8

IF we can win the league through them dropping points - and fully appreciate we've got 2 tough games to win before then - will you:

a) be watching their game and
b) backing Dundee Utd?!

I suppose for a) the majority of us would have to watch the game because we need to mark the moment it happens. And if it did happen it would obviously mean party time and thousands of sickies on Monday.

But for b) I have absolutely no idea how I'd be feeling during it, or wanting to happen! I'm sure all of us if given the choice would rather get it done ourselves at the piggery?

I’ll be honest, I want to win it at their place so I hope they win and I hope we win both our games.

If we do win it earlier than I’ll be delighted but there would be an extra satisfaction knowing that going to their place and only needing to avoid a defeat to stop their 10 would give it a little bit extra satisfaction.

Kinda torn. Would obviously rather win it at the piggery. But would be great going there as champions and being able to celebrate that day, regardless of the result.

Given the choice Id rather win it watching the Rangers play. I want to jump around my living room. Kiss my son on the forehead and maybe even greet a little at the final whistle. So I guess that means I’d want Celtic to beat Utd :oops:

Beating them to clinch the title in their own midden after everything that’s gone before would be a fitting end imo.

Ultimately doesn't matter how we win it.

I get we all want to win it on the pitch, but it's not as if it will take the shine off of it if that's not the case.

If it comes down to us watching their game, so be it.

Just realised I better get the champers in the fridge.

I’ll maybe flick over but I won’t be paying to much attention unless Dundee Utd are winning. But I’ll certainly be backing them.

Im well aware of our recent history with Utd but to be honest I just view them as an irrelevant run of the mill SPFL club these days, the people I couldn’t stand, the ones that put the boot in, are all gone, I have no real axe to grind with the current manager or board, they are just another lot we have to beat.

IF we can win the league through them dropping points - and fully appreciate we've got 2 tough games to win before then - will you:

a) be watching their game and
b) backing Dundee Utd?!

I suppose for a) the majority of us would have to watch the game because we need to mark the moment it happens. And if it did happen it would obviously mean party time and thousands of sickies on Monday.

But for b) I have absolutely no idea how I'd be feeling during it, or wanting to happen! I'm sure all of us if given the choice would rather get it done ourselves at the piggery?
No dilemma here Dundee United Score I’ll celebrate like a bastard

So close now. I would just love to win it at their dump. Hoping for 2 victories for the Ted's, and they scrape by Dundee. If we go to Sharkhead, with the bit between our teeth, destroy them, clinch the league, hit the streets, I don't think I could contain myself!! B-)

This is a big part of it for me. We will need a slice of luck but an all out assault on the Europa League isn't an opportunity we're going to get for some time again, if ever.
Would you rather win the Europa League or win 55? Remember seeing a few threads asking that.

We incredibly could be in the position to do both, especially if everything was wrapped up domestically.

I will be backing United but I won’t be watching their match if it comes down to that.

I will probably be on here. If it’s going United‘s way I will probably tune in on radio for last 5 (+55:)) ) minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: TN8
I’ll be honest, I want to win it at their place so I hope they win and I hope we win both our games.

If we do win it earlier than I’ll be delighted but there would be an extra satisfaction knowing that going to their place and only needing to avoid a defeat to stop their 10 would give it a little bit extra satisfaction.

Just no, ever, ever. And I'll quote and post the same every time I see this written on here.

Helicopter Sunday could be seen as a similar situation, our game was win so it all boiled down to Motherwell getting a result. They did and I celebrated it like us scoring so I'll be wanting Dundee Utd to take points off them.

If we win these two games then there is absolutely no doubt in my mind: They will throw their game against Dundee United. They'll play youngsters and a weakened side with the explicit instruction to draw/lose the game.

Because that's who they are and that's the mentality of their rancid organisation.

However, we have a job to do first, a stuffy Livingston on a terrible pitch (that we drew on last time we were there) and then we play against the only team to beat us this season.

These are not guaranteed wins, we are going to have to work for them.

If we win these two games then there is absolutely no doubt in my mind: They will throw their game against Dundee United. They'll play youngsters and a weakened side with the explicit instruction to draw/lose the game.

Because that's who they are and that's the mentality of their rancid organisation.

However, we have a job to do first, a stuffy Livingston on a terrible pitch (that we drew on last time we were there) and then we play against the only team to beat us this season.

These are not guaranteed wins, we are going to have to work for them.
If Kennedy has any ambition of getting the job he can’t be going to Utd and losing.

Ill be working, not a mission am i taking time off to watch them

Ill save my partying for when we okay as champions

For what its worth, i think they will win

They will be hoping fir aome sort of morale boosting victory against us at their tip to stop us winning the league to carry on with their "poor team/bottlers" narrative

And we'll take them apart

I want Morelos to score the winning goal at the piggery that seals 55 and stops ten. McGregor to tie a scarf to the post and the players do a huddle on the centre circle, and a conga up the tunnel. 55 T-shirt’s, Gerrard to run on the pitch celebrating when the final whistle goes. Rub it in, absolutely no mercy.

As usual I will be giving my full support to the 2 teams I constantly want to win RANGERS and whoever is playing Celtic

If Kennedy has any ambition of getting the job he can’t be going to Utd and losing.
You've got to remember what their board, CEO and fans are like. If we win our next two games, the Big Brave Boy will be "encouraged" to make sure his team "take the day off".

The absolute worst thing they can think of is us winning the title in their stadium.

If we win our games and they go to Dundee United and win, their fans will go absolutely fucking tonto. If they throw the game with a loss/draw and the title "race" is over, their fans will call it a bad performance but not a bad result.

It's just in their nature, it's what they are.

Back