Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Do you think selliks hawf arsed regurgitated apology (which didnt actually contain the word sorry) was adequate?
No, not in the slightest. It was yet another cowardly response from them, one in which they still refused to apologise or accept responsibility. Their situation is far, far different from ours.

Regardless of what they do or don’t do, I still expect us to act accordingly, and at the moment, that would be releasing some sort of statement. What the statement actually details is partially up for debate, but the review has to be acknowledged publicly in some way, regardless of whether the review was actually fair and balanced.

I disagree, Rangers should not take any action at the moment. To do so is easing the building pressure on Celtic. They’re the real culprits here, the club know this is an orchestrated plan to 1) pass the blame. 2) change the narrative away from Rangers league win. Rangers will come out in good time, not the press prodding us with a stick to come out and take centre stage in place of the real villains of the piece. In short our club can’t be reactive when they certainly aren’t first in line to be. We do have to show accountability, apologise and possibly pay some compensation to the victims of Neilly and the other guy...but at the right time.
In terms of the scale of the abuse at different clubs in Scotland, the review was massively unbalanced, that I am not disagreeing with, nor with the ‘share the blame’ agenda of the review. I disagree completely though that this is anything to do with a league win, or actual footballing issues.

Even if it is a short holding statement to acknowledge the publication of the review, to condemn all abusers in Scottish football, and that we will issue further opinion and action in due course once we have taken legal advice, then that’s fine, for the moment. Or even just come out and call for an independent public inquiry. It’s not about being reactive, it is about being proactive.

But appearing to stick your head in the sand publicly, just because others are far more guilty than we could ever be, and despite the review being unfit for purpose in many regards, is not the way to go for me.

Earlier this morning I should have said "interdict" and not "injunction".

Can you have a "super inderdict" in Scotland. Namely the press etc are not even allowed to say that it is in place?

Have the Scottish Parliament commented on the SFA report yet? Should they not be the first ones to publicly step forward and reveal their intentions, the Sports minister, the Justice secretary etc.

Edit: It would seem the only comment that I can see has been a short press release from Gougeon, but has it been formally addressed in the Scottish Parliament yet?

Last edited:
I think Rangers are in a difficult place with regards to saying something, given we know how the press will report it. Say nothing and we're damned (as we've seen). If we say nothing happened here, we're damned for denying it. If we say sorry it happened to anyone at our club, we're damned for it ever happening. Meanwhile the ring across the city doesn't get a mention. Only thing we could really say is that we're investigating and will release our report once complete.

A few posters have contacted us privately asking about any developments. Can I just say that just because the thread goes quiet from time to time doesn’t mean there’s nothing going on in the background.
Over the past week there has been more found and handed to the correct people. We are constantly working away in the background and will always update the thread with what we can when we can.
We obviously know there’s a certain individual appearing in court next month and a lot has to be held back until the time is right. Spotlight will not jeopardise any upcoming cases.

A few posters have contacted us privately asking about any developments. Can I just say that just because the thread goes quiet from time to time doesn’t mean there’s nothing going on in the background.
Over the past week there has been more found and handed to the correct people. We are constantly working away in the background and will always update the thread with what we can when we can.
We obviously know there’s a certain individual appearing in court next month and a lot has to be held back until the time is right. Spotlight will not jeopardise any upcoming cases.
Fantastic again BN94 and your team. Thanks

I feel so sorry for the Grays. Again the SFA have let the victims of child abuse in Scottish football down. When will the people involved become accountable. When will the Scottish parliament ask for an independent review into child abuse in Scottish football. Douglas Ross mp wont even raise a hand to help. You get the usual powder puff response. Why would he his paymasters are the SFA!
That creep Stuart Reagan was the worst one he led Andrew Gray on a merry dance about counselling etc. running out of money and all the time he's Lawwells best mate he's the person that forwarded all the Rangers supporters names, addresses and personal details direct to Lawwell after we complained to FARE about C@ltic,he got out but is not an innocent party with his Lawwell connection IMHO.

Last edited:
Once again, an excellent post Sir

Abuse sufferer robbed of justice as alleged attacker not brought to Scotland
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/abuse-sufferer-says-failure-bring-23578887

An abuse survivor fears a failure by authorities to bring his alleged attacker back to Scotland from abroad has robbed him of justice.

The man made a complaint to police about his former football coach at his school in 2015.

The teacher, who claimed to be a Celtic scout, is wanted over allegations he carried out a string of sex assaults on boys in his care in the 60s and 70s.

Scottish and European warrants for his arrest have been in place since 2016.

But the 76-year-old is believed to be living in Vietnam and out of the reach of UK and EU law enforcement agencies.

The Crown Office has said extradition proceedings are “ongoing”.

However, the victim who reported the former coach has criticised delays in the case and branded the warrants “worthless”.

The 65-year-old dad said: “I kept this to myself for decades. It took me a long time to come forward. But six years later nothing has happened and the agony is being prolonged.

“The Crown Office said they’re liaising with the country he’s in. That’s it.

“They won’t tell me where he is but I’ve heard he’s in Vietnam. He’s living there with a woman and her family.

“Someone spoke to him in Dubai Airport.

“I don’t know what the delay is but I want him brought back to Scotland.”

There is no extradition agreement between the United Kingdom and Vietnam.

The suspect can only be arrested if he travels back to the UK or Europe unless government officials agree his departure.

He is unlikely to voluntarily leave south-east Asia, his alleged victim believes.

The man, who did not want to be named, added: “He isn’t going to come back to Scotland, the UK or Europe so the warrants are worthless – not worth the paper they’re written on.

“The authorities have known about him for six years. How many more people could have fallen victim to him during that time?

“Football has been under the spotlight and I’ve seen plenty of historic abusers dragged to court and brought to justice but years later I’m still hanging on.

“Not enough has been done to bring him to justice.”

The coach, who cannot be named for legal reasons, worked as a teacher at a secondary school in Paisley. It is alleged the school team’s coach – who was involved in youth football across Renfrewshire – abused boys at a property in Argyll.

At least two alleged victims have made sexual assault claims.

The man says he was abused for two years, starting when he was 12. The trauma has led to two failed suicide attempts.

He also told how the coach was an associate with Celtic Boys’ Club founder Jim Torbett, 73, who was jailed for six years in November 2018 for abusing three boys over an eight-year period.

The alleged victim said his school would regularly play Torbett’s teams and he claimed to be a scout for Celtic.

The man said: “He was a young teacher when I started school.

“He took a few of us to football games and to a house in Argyll for weekends. That’s where the abuse started.

“It had two bedrooms and a settee in the living room. One bedroom was used by the person living there. He said one of us had to sleep with him and he’d rotate it each night.

“One of the times it happened to me was on July 21, 1969 – when Neil Armstong walked on the moon. That’s always stuck in my mind.

“I believe other boys there were also being abused.”

He added: “The coach was very tight with Jim Torbett.

“We always played Celtic Boys’ Club.”

The man and a friend, who has since passed away, were contacted by police in the mid-90s.
They were asked whether they were abused by the suspect but both denied they were victims. He said the decision to remain silent about the abuse triggered depression.

Continued

He added: “I told the police nothing.

“My pal was also contacted and he’s denied being abused. But I later found out he was a victim.

“I felt guilty for not speaking out earlier but I wanted to protect my family.

“Then I had a panic attack when I realised someone must know because my name was given to police.

“It sent me into depression. I lost my job and my marriage.

“I couldn’t cope but luckily I survived two suicide attempts.”

He added: “I came forward in 2015 and it’s still hanging over my head.

“I’m in my 60s and my abuser is even older. I want this dealt with before he gets away without answering to his crimes.”

A Crown Office spokesman said: “Extradition proceedings are ongoing in relation to this individual.”

Continued

He added: “I told the police nothing.

“My pal was also contacted and he’s denied being abused. But I later found out he was a victim.

“I felt guilty for not speaking out earlier but I wanted to protect my family.

“Then I had a panic attack when I realised someone must know because my name was given to police.

“It sent me into depression. I lost my job and my marriage.

“I couldn’t cope but luckily I survived two suicide attempts.”

He added: “I came forward in 2015 and it’s still hanging over my head.

“I’m in my 60s and my abuser is even older. I want this dealt with before he gets away without answering to his crimes.”

A Crown Office spokesman said: “Extradition proceedings are ongoing in relation to this individual.”
Sir, sent message to Grigo, ask him to read it etc

In a report with so many redactions and where two thirds of its contents are then bulked out with standard child protection policy that most organizations are now already practicing, you could be forgiven for thinking that this report is little more than an embarrassing whitewash. I say this with no harm to those who have found some closure in this report, but in all honesty I believe you deserve a lot better than this.

The untiring lengths that Celtic FC have went through to suppress this disgraceful behaviour is astounding. The allies they have accrued quite unbelievable, their tactics to defend the so called scurrilous rumours absolutely abhorrent.
And still unashamedly they continue to function like a normal institution, what a sick depraved society we have become that somehow this is acceptable.
This disgusting organisation makes Penn state insignificant, it has no place in a reputable society.

Back