Rangers pubs

I've had a drink in most of those at some time or another . I like all Rangers bars but match day at the Ibrox bar Benidorm on a sunny day with Sylvia on singing the tunes takes some beating .

many a missed boat after paying a Sunday visit

@rupertdabear
aye wombs how many boats :)) phoned down one day to say the bus had broken down and if ok to catch the next boat .what happened . it did break down at maybole and we were the last vehicle onto the last sailing and on the back of a break down lorry as well .see what you get for telling lies . ha ha
those were the days mate . glaswegian was a mad house in those days but not to be missed LOL

Us 4 Perth bears use to drink in The Horseshoe Renfield Street if I recall.
Met up with Glasgow Bears there was definitely a Rangers pub then not sure now though.
Someone will be able to tell me.

I was fortunate enough to visit a pub in the east end of Glasgow a few years back called the Calvay,Not sure if it’s still there as it was a few years ago and I was only in it for about an hour but I was really impressed with the Rangers decor that adorned the walls and bar area.
Calvay Social Club was in only once Oct.2010, after we pumped them 3-1 at the piggery... some of the lads from the sandy row and I walked.. quite amusing that was
but what a night was had..
Would be a shame if it’s no longer open

Don't think the pub was ever called that. (although I'm not 100% on that). Pub was the Ballochmyle and is now a private club called the Calvay Club. The Rangers decor, hospitality and quality of the place is second to none.
Your right it was a club rather than a pub I was taken by a member.

Rangers 'Themed' Pubs in Glasgow
In alphabetical order

Bristol Bar Duke Street
Cheers PRT
District Bar PRW
Grapes Bar PRW
Louden Copland Road
Louden Brand Street
Louden Duke Street

All these pubs have Memorabilia on their walls and are proper Rangers Supporters Pubs IMO
Plenty of pubs have Rangers supporters in them but not strictly Rangers 'Theme ' pubs
Apologies if I have missed any out,
Please add any I have missed

In alphabetical order

Bristol Bar Duke Street
Cheers PRT
District Bar PRW
Grapes Bar PRW
Louden Copland Road
Louden Brand Street
Louden Duke Street

All these pubs have Memorabilia on their walls and are proper Rangers Supporters Pubs IMO
Plenty of pubs have Rangers supporters in them but not strictly Rangers 'Theme ' pubs

Pretty sure The Windsor and The Victoria in Partick have memorabilia on the walls.

Does Oswalds not??

The Sandy Row Club in Belfast has already been mentioned but here's a wee shout out for the Carrickfergus RSC & the Larne RSC which are both well worth a visit. Great folk who will make all Bluenoses welcome.

Flower of Scotland in Caleta de fuste is a great bears bar. Unfortunately been closed since last March but was over at Xmas /new year and glad to report Fuerteventura true blues still going strong. Was with the guys watching games in Studs bar which is owned by a really stand up guy, who really looked after us. Hopefully Jon will be able to open up again soon and we can get back to the legendary sash bashes!

I was fortunate enough to visit a pub in the east end of Glasgow a few years back called the Calvay,Not sure if it’s still there as it was a few years ago and I was only in it for about an hour but I was really impressed with the Rangers decor that adorned the walls and bar area.
Was that not the Calvay club, the YCV club in dennistoun many years ago?

Rabbies Bar lorett de mar great wee rangers pub..bar staff are brilliant hammy and Linda always look after you...and enjoy playing the party tunes and a singsong

What about pubs not in Scotland? Any crackers down south or Northern Ireland that's not been men
It was my cousins regular
It's Lounge 72 and it's in Bellshill Road, Uddingston - just round the corner from the Main Street just off the cross.

For those familiar with the area (or more particularly with the pubs in the area :D ) it was formerly the Castle and before that the Royal.

It was almost ready to open before the most recent lockdown was introduced. Looks good from the promo details though.
It was my cousins regular and he took me in one afternoon for a visit,I was really impressed but I have never heard it mentioned by any other Bears.

nd he took me in one afternoon for a visit,I was really impressed but I have never heard it mentioned by any other Bears.

Pretty sure The Windsor and The Victoria in Partick have memorabilia on the walls.

Does Oswalds not??

The Windsor and Oswalds definitely do have Rangers memorabilia. Not sure about The Victoria, been a long time since I was in it.

The Rosevale, Quayside and Bellrock have some Rangers stuff too, albeit more subtle than some of the other pubs.

The Grapes and Ibrox Louden are my two favourites.

Last edited:

Does Oswalds not??
Last time I was in the Windsor they had Union Jack bunting up but can't remember anything Rangers on the walls. Mind you I was 6 or 7 pints deep and it was probably 2 going on 3 years ago so I could be imagining things!

Always thought it a bit of an odd place - much prefer Rosevale or Stumps if I'm in Partick.

The Windsor and Oswalds definitely do have Rangers memorabilia. Not sure about The Victoria, been a long time since I was in it.

The Rosedale, Quayside and Bellrock have some Rangers stuff too, albeit more subtle than some of the other pubs.

The Grapes and Ibrox Louden are my two favourites.
For some reason I've never taken to the Bellrock as a place for a pint prior to a game.

In alphabetical order

Bristol Bar Duke Street
Cheers PRT
District Bar PRW
Grapes Bar PRW
Louden Copland Road
Louden Brand Street
Louden Duke Street

The Royalty on Maryhill Rd is one you've missed that I would say matches your definition.

It's explicitly Rangers decorated rather than a pub with a bit of merch behind the bar.

It's Lounge 72 and it's in Bellshill Road, Uddingston - just round the corner from the Main Street just off the cross.

For those familiar with the area (or more particularly with the pubs in the area :D ) it was formerly the Castle and before that the Royal.

It was almost ready to open before the most recent lockdown was introduced. Looks good from the promo details though.
in between it was also unsuccessfully changed to Katie's Well. Was a bears pub when it when it was the old Royal. Lounge 72 will add to the 2 Chimneys as big rangers pubs on the main street.

The Gallant Pioneer Blackpool, is one of the few dedicated Rangers bars in England. In fact I’m not sure how many more there are.

Reactions: fyd
In alphabetical order

Bristol Bar Duke Street
Cheers PRT
District Bar PRW
Grapes Bar PRW
Louden Copland Road
Louden Brand Street
Louden Duke Street

Calvy club Duke st.

I like the Rosevale and Stumps in Partick. Stumps is a tiny wee bar with friendly staff. The club crest sits proudly on their wall and that’s enough to know that you are in a Rangers bar. That side of partick has The Windsor also. The old hayburn vaults now called the deoch and doris, used to be a good rangers bar in partick and although it’s vastly improved inside with huge selection of beers , better seating , outside smokers room etc , I would say that a few non rangers have started to frequent the place although they would be outnumbered in that area. This thread has put me in the mood for a pint !

Back