6 years since the King defeated the rats

Incredible that a club of our size, with our fan base and financial capabilities can be left six years from a stable base. Dave King should and will be remembered as a totem in our history but we also can't forget what they cunts did to us, some of them even tried to present as fans too.

He absolutely saved the club from impending disaster and doom. It was being run into the ground with profits soaked up by these charlatans every step of the way.

There is a board and a system in place now that will never allow the club to have such characters and bad actors to ever be in place ever again.

Dave King and his friends and colleagues have given us as a fanbase and support a club to be proud of once again.

He absolutely saved the club from impending disaster and doom. It was being run into the ground with profits soaked up by these charlatans every step of the way.

There is a board and a system in place now that will never allow the club to have such characters and bad actors to ever be in place ever again.

Dave King and his friends and colleagues have given us as a fanbase and support a club to be proud of once again.

Excellent point. I had forgotten that the same day the spivs drew down the 5 million SD loan. There's probably a lot been forgotten over time - someone should write a book

Have said it before - there isn't another club that has risen so quickly after such devastation. It's been a long road but the relatively short timeframe is astounding
Juventus sort of did it too, even though it was just the one division & they won serieA unbeaten 4yrs later

In the months leading up to our rescue i was past giving a shit about the results on the park, something i thought id never say.

The almost daily humilation being dished out by the spivs with fat mike drip feeding us wonga loans to keep the lights on was just an agonising time.

The three bears restored our pride and sanity and in a few weeks will get their reward.

Excellent point. I had forgotten that the same day the spivs drew down the 5 million SD loan. There's probably a lot been forgotten over time - someone should write a book
don't think they drew it down Sasa, they announced that SD were providing another £5m and taking security over the Stadium and The Academy. DK PM and JG called the EGM later that day, it was the Friday we played Hearts and the game was abandoned.

There was a massive protest outside after the match.

We also must never underestimate the financial support of Douglas Park, George Letham, George Taylor and John Bennett that continues to this day.

Dave King fronted up against a heavyweight cabal who were systematically destroying our club and winning the EGM was step one. Getting control of the Board swiftly was step two.

Winning 55 will mean so much to these guys, every bit as much as all of us who have bought ST and supported the club throughout the last 9 years.

They answered the call.

Culminating in a title win 6 years later.

History will look back on that and see it as lightning quick although it may not have seemed like that to the many who lived through it.

Great point bud, and despite the outpouring as we near 55 a point that I still think is hugely underrated.

What we are about to do has never been done. Firstly clubs in other countries have never been treated as we have. Look at Juve, involved in actual fixing of matches - punishment wasn't as severe as ours. Marseille - same.

Secondly, to then come up against a rival who has had money pouring in and whose budget continually overshadows ours.

Third, many of those who dished out the draconian punishment in the first place are still in positions of power, sometimes even holding greater power than before.

All of the above isn't even the full story. Its utterly incredible what we are on the cusp of.

I grew up through 9 in a row, queuing at 4 in the morning for champions league match packages and the like. I went to Manchester and my first season ticket came in Division 3.

We are on the brink of the best achievement in our history in my opinion. If we could have bottled the taste of the time of Green and Ashley it would be the bitterest of all drinks. It was carnage.

Now look at us. Try and take a step outside being a fan and look at us.

Its incredible. Truly incredible.

Yes it could have been a year earlier, if Ally would have used his shares, due to loosing the vote by the narrowest of margins, that his shareholding could have carried.

Great point bud, and despite the outpouring as we near 55 a point that I still think is hugely underrated.

What we are about to do has never been done. Firstly clubs in other countries have never been treated as we have. Look at Juve, involved in actual fixing of matches - punishment wasn't as severe as ours. Marseille - same.

Secondly, to then come up against a rival who has had money pouring in and whose budget continually overshadows ours.

Third, many of those who dished out the draconian punishment in the first place are still in positions of power, sometimes even holding greater power than before.

All of the above isn't even the full story. Its utterly incredible what we are on the cusp of.

I grew up through 9 in a row, queuing at 4 in the morning for champions league match packages and the like. I went to Manchester and my first season ticket came in Division 3.

We are on the brink of the best achievement in our history in my opinion. If we could have bottled the taste of the time of Green and Ashley it would be the bitterest of all drinks. It was carnage.

Now look at us. Try and take a step outside being a fan and look at us.

Its incredible. Truly incredible.

Great post PW.

-ibMMD.gif

No surrender, Davie King.

All of the above isn't even the full story.

Well put PW.

The third point is the most chilling.
If they could do it all again to us, on the slimmest of pretexes, they would.

We should use the date to commemorate the club being saved from the depredations of the splvs.
Dave King and the 3 bears saved the club from an eternity of servitude.
The key point at this time was the acquisition of the Laxey shares.
Why did this hedge fund develop a conscience? Did they realise they were going tobe stiffed like everyone else, or was the decision for other than financial reasons?
They could easily have named their price and sold to the fat man.
Rangers escaped his clutches by the narrowest of margins.

I ended up in The Distict that night with my brother, Craig Houston and an old mate of ours from school. John Macdonald was there which was nice because his wife's mum and my mum were friends years ago and they arranged for John to come and see Craig, my brother and myself when he was at the height of his playing career, that made the night all the more special.
Can kids today imagine the likes of Alfredo or Ryan Kent walking down your garden path? That's what it was like for us.
We as a support will be forever indebted to Dave King and his fellow board members.

It seems like a lifetime ago but our progress in those six years is quite astonishing. Long live the King.

Who is this addressing? I forget. Somers change of heart was done at who's request?

Also, the loan made against the stadium and training facility was not made after all? Sounds like it was before the AGM. Or did we just pay it off so it was a moot point?

When we celebrate this coming 55, we are also celebrating that glorious day that King and Co wrestled the club from the scumbags.

From the lowest days in our history in 2012, to possibly the best ever day in our history in the coming weeks.

There are almost 10 years of hurt built up, pretty soon it will disappear and a tidal wave of red white and blue will engulf Scotland.

That scumbag McMurdo has crawled out from under his rock and is writing articles on us again. It should never be forgotten that he sided with every scumbag to walk through our doors and wrote fluff pieces calling for us to support the board. Prick.

He was getting paid off the spivs and writing articles saying he hated Dave King and wanted him nowhere near Rangers.

He is a scumbag and should be embarrassed to show his face at Ibrox ever again.

I must say that although I hold Mr King in the highest esteem, he wouldn’t have made the moves he did if the Rangers fans didn’t stick by the club the way they did, so as much as I will raise a glass to The Board and Mr King, ultimately my biggest THANK YOU goes to every Rangers fan who stayed loyal. It turns out NO SURRENDER is the most apt motto Rangers fans could ever have had.

That day is why we are where we are now. If those rats were not removed then f*ck knows where we would be now. It doesn't bear thinking about to be honest.

I sat in Ibrox that day with my wee voting console shitting myself. It seemed like make or break that day and, despite the overwhelming feeling that the tide was about to turn, given what had happened previously, it still felt perilous.

McCoist came in at our back to a rapturous applause (and just about the biggest collar this side of Harry Hill!) but you could tell everyone felt the same as I did.

I have never pressed a button so carefully in all my days. The level of concentration I had pressing that button was that of an Olympic archer. I just wanted to make sure I played my part with my measly amount of shares.

The outcome was what we wanted. I shudder to imagine where we would be if it swung the other way for whatever reason.

Who is this addressing? I forget. Somers change of heart was done at who's request?

Also, the loan made against the stadium and training facility was not made after all? Sounds like it was before the AGM. Or did we just pay it off so it was a moot point?

It became clear before the EGM that we had the votes required to win, however some proxy votes were yet to be counted, not enough to have affected the outcome. Due to this King and co asked them to hand over the keys immediately and save the cost of the meeting (hundreds of thousands) which they initially agreed to then went back on

That scumbag McMurdo has crawled out from under his rock and is writing articles on us again. It should never be forgotten that he sided with every scumbag to walk through our doors and wrote fluff pieces calling for us to support the board. Prick.
Aahhhh, Merlin. Him and Toxic Jack, two cheeks of the same arse.

I felt the turning point was at the AGM when Somers treated the shareholders like dirt on his shoe. I believe that really angered neutral shareholders who realised what we were up against and bailed.

Back