Sportscene, 11-30 pm, BBC Scotland channel

It will be a laugh to hear Stewart try and defend Beaton
xSVdlEJ.jpg

I actually thought Michael Stewart was right - he said it was a penalty.
The first couple of angles I thought it looked a dive, it's not until the the one from the side you can really see the contact

I think it must be a nightmare being a ref trying to call these decisions on the spot without a replay.

The first couple of angles I thought it looked a dive, it's not until the the one from the side you can really see the contact

I think it must be a nightmare being a ref trying to call these decisions on the spot without a replay.
The 2nd replay you can see the contact as well. Beaton also has a lineman looking at that side angle.

Utter pish.

Whatever way you look at it it's a stonewaller.

Michael Stewart is a wanker.

Stewart saying it's 'probably a penalty but not one you can castigate the referee about.'

Complete wank.
I get Stewart's point.
Missing the ball completely and totally wiping a Rangers player out in the box doesn't seem that drastic.

Stewart is just alluding to the context.
In Scotland, you really have to hose a Rangers forward down with a flame thrower and maybe bludgeon him a bit with a spiked club before it is time to get animated on an official level.

It all seems very BBC reasonable.

That’s why there’s a fcukn linesman at the side. Stewart is a dirty horrible ratbag that tells lies about us

He just did.

'Difficult to castigate the officials'
That’s him saying The manager was wrong to have a go at Beaton without actually saying it.
Well thought out assault on our club.

Don’t even know why I get annoyed st him.

55 is coming so let’s rise above all the snide comments

Fair enough - I just think it would still be tough to call it.
It seems like he wasn't sure and just guessed!
Hes also pitch level where its easier to see contact. And he consults with the linesman.

There never seems to be one of those where the ref decides it’s not a penalty and just play on with Morelos either. He’s seemingly made his mind up that he’s booking Morelos and the linesman needs to convince him otherwise.

The 2nd replay you can see the contact as well. Beaton also has a lineman looking at that side angle.

That was Gerrard's point as well. Even if the referee is unsighted (in which case he shouldn't be booking anyone), there are two other officials who should see it correctly. The linesman especially has 0 excuse as it's a direct view from an angle that would definitely show the contact.

Volume up full ding there at the HT verbals,

Gerrard - Can we talk? can you speak to me?
Cheat - I canny Steven, not on the pitch not on the pitch
Gerrard - I know why you're not speaking to me that's bang out of order it's a blatant penalty

how and why that leads to an immediate yellow card that he couldn't wait to produce as the gaffer walks away I'll never know

Gerrard - that's bang out of order
Cheat - Do you want me to send you off?
Gerrard - inaudible / %^*& off under his breath as he walked away (possibly??!)

Red card shown behind his back the absolute shitebag and I'm sure his fan club will be back on to tell us he's a good guy.

Now bear in mind what is said during a match, at its worse Gerrard has said that's bang out of order and %^*& off. Be match abandoned every game teams wouldn't be able to field 7 v 7

Really mate? First time, not replay, was clear. The keeper ran into Buff.

Fair enough - I just think it would still be tough to call it.
It seems like he wasn't sure and just guessed!
Tougher to call it a yellow for diving , but that’s what he done .

this referee couldn’t see a foul inside the box from about 3 yards away with a clear view followed by a post-match apology it was so bad .

no defending that mindset , he knows exActly what he was calling . Guy is a piece of garbage

Gerrard - I know why you're not speaking to me that's fucking bang out of order it's a blatant penalty

how and why that leads to an immediate yellow card that he couldn't wait to produce as the gaffer walks away I'll never know

Red card shown behind his back the absolute shitebag and I'm sure his fan club will be back on to tell us he's a good guy.

Now bear in mind what is said during a match, at its worse Gerrard has said that's bang out of order and %^*& off. Be match abandoned every game teams wouldn't be able to field 7 v 7
He had a sweary word in there Mate.
Also,I don't think a Manager is allowed to come onto the pitch at half time

Gerrard - I know why you're not speaking to me that's bang out of order it's a blatant penalty

Yeah seemed totally OTT to send him off. I know Gerrard swore but it's not as if he was being abusive to him.

So you agree with what he said about it being wrong to castigate the officials?

Back