Rangers fans mock Celtic’s Shane Duffy with giant banner outside Parkhead

BlueMeanie

RANGERS fans have mocked Celtic defender Shane Duffy with a giant banner outside Parkhead.
The Gers supporters stood with the long banner outside the Hoops' stadium last night, as they rubbed salt into their rivals' wounds.

Shane Duffy has endured a nightmare time at CelticCredit: PA:press Association
Steven Gerrard's side are on the brink of glory and could potentially win the Premiership this weekend.
The Light Blues are just one victory away from being crowned champions on Sunday - should Celtic drop more points against Dundee United - or on March 21 in the Old Firm derby.
And while it's been a tremendous season at Ibrox, it's been the opposite for Celtic and in particular Duffy.
The Ireland skipper's loan switch from Brighton has not gone as planned, with the big defender struggling to adapt to Scottish football - making a series of high profile errors.
The banner held outside Parkhead
The banner held outside Parkhead
Now, Gers fans have rubbed salt into the wounds of Duffy by holding a banner THANKING him outside Celtic Park.
With a Rangers crest on either side, it reads: "Thanks for the memories Shane Duffy."
Two hooded figurse held the banner aloft, with a third setting off a red, white and blue flare in the background of the snap.

The guy thought he was coming up here on a highly paid booze up , cement his “ name “ amongst a certain crowd and have something to tell his grandkids .

He leaves with his reputation in utter tatters on and off the pitch an absolute donkey of a footballer and will go down in history with scott brown , Neil Lennon and Leigh Griffiths as the main players who lost “ the 10” what a legacy that is . Yaaaaaaassss

Epic, biblical, outstanding, and any other adjective you can think of which describes something as really good.

Removed my original post, my intention wasn't to derail the thread especially as we are about to win 55 imminently.

Last edited:
“...giant banner....” ??

must be very far away
4ib8ss4rh0p11.jpg

Well deserved tribute to Doofy. If the guy wasn't such a loathsome wannabe republican glory hunting prick, I'd want him to stay. It is says a lot about their club and what they stand for that it is seen as aspirational for these types to want to play for or manage them.

Suppose it is true but the poor guy must have nightmares at being an International regular coming to them and being brought down to such a low level.

Where’s that OP from?

I notice they feel the need to refer to two ‘hooded’ characters.

They never remember to refer to all the balaclava clad monkeys in attendance when the tramps get up to something.

Back