Let's now be honest with ourselves

Coatbridge Chancellor

Regardless of the ridiculous 8.75 decison last year, and mindful of the fact that it was 55 first and foremost...

Those reptiles winning 10 in a row would have been a brutal blow. Denial of it wouldn't have stopped their celebrations or the media adulation. It would have sickened us and while not a mortal blow it would have been incredibly hard to recover from.

I've lost count of the times over the last decade that I've argued with my father or others that they WOULDN'T do it, that we would eventually come good. But the doubt, the fear was always present.

I still can't quite believe we've done it. God bless everyone of them, and every supporter who never stopped believing.

Regardless of the ridiculous 8.75 decison last year, and mindful of the fact that it was 55 first and foremost...

Those reptiles winning 10 in a row would have been a brutal blow. Denial of it wouldn't have stopped their celebrations or the media adulation. It would have sickened us and while not a mortal blow it would have been incredibly hard to recover from.

I've lost count of the times over the last decade that I've argued with my father or others that they WOULDN'T do it, that we would eventually come good. But the doubt, the fear was always present.

I still can't quite believe we've done it. God bless everyone of them, and every supporter who never stopped believing.
It was never real anyway. At least 5 of them are completely irrelevant. This is about us and the final destination in the journey.

I agree...regardless of tainted titles...it would have been there in the history books. I didn’t want them doing it. If we hadn’t won the title this year it would have annoyed me even more than the last couple.

The fact they wanted it so badly as well, adds to my joy. You can enjoy depriving them of something they fantasised about for years without that lessening the fact it’s about Rangers firstly.

History books would have told us they did 10 in a row. They knew it and whilst we would never have accepted it, it the records would record 10 for them.

it consumed them and they were desperate for it. We destroyed their dream and realised our own. Never ever let them forget it

I always understood where people were coming from when they spoke about tainted titles but I always thought if they won 10 then that's what the record books would show. Realistically, in 30/40 years time how many people are going to be arguing about tainted titles etc. If it got into the record books then it was thing regardless of whether we liked it or not.

I am so happy we managed to stop their 10. It gives this title extra satisfaction for me.

Genuinely don’t care about the fake 10 it was always about us.

But this is beautiful, we have been imperious since the game at parkhead. No quarter given and they buckled, they couldnot hack it. That’s the story of the season.

That, and it’s not about one individual it’s been a team effort from board through management, team and us. The Rangers support, we are the Rangers and we are the People

10IAR however much people want to downplay it would have been a disaster for Rangers and if you join the dots we would be looking at a new manager and a squad a fraction of it's current value.

We should saviour our success more because of stopping them-that doesn't mean we don't appreciate 55 in it's own rights. It's the ultimate win win.

Every Ranger who played his part in winning 55 (stopping 10) should be revered forever.

Of course they would have mocked us ,their placemen awarding them 8.75 in a boardroom meeting and the way they celebrated what to them was 9 meant that this year was pivotal...

Could we win 55 ,would the pressure of "10" get to us,Steven Gerrard and his backroom team and players have excelled this year ,will they ever know/realise the importance of this title win for Rangers...of course they do.

From the bottom of my heart I thank you Rangers , everyone at the club until my dying day thank you for giving us our club back

IMHO it has always been about us winning 55
Absolutely. I never ever thought about TI*R until sellic and the media started pushing it.
I've never taken it seriously and knew this day would come.
I like history but I'm not in to records. Them getting 10* wouldn't have bothered me. I'd have got past it.
They built it in to a Holy Grail to sell tickets and a stick to beat us with. Mainly a stick.
We celebrated today as if it's over. If we blew it now I would hold my hands up and say we are the most ridiculous fans in the world.
That "record" is currently held by them, for celebrating a meaningless "10" for seasons long before they had it.
They don't even have the crutch of "we play in Scotland" to explain their monumental European failures. We've proven this season that you can compete in Europe regardless.
Some bears may honestly have been focused on 10. For me it has always been about us and 55.
They are simply ridiculous and will never, ever recover.

edit: Just to add, and maybe prove my point; How many are bothered about their 2nd "9" and quadrooble treble? I don't think they even care anymore.

We've been building to this moment for three years. That form in Europe was always eventually going to transfer over into domestic dominance and we've been strengthening and getting better with every window. I thought they might win this league title but that we'd at least push them to the wire for it. It has been beyond anyone's reasonable expectations how well this has gone for us.

10IAR however much people want to downplay it would have been a disaster for Rangers and if you join the dots we would be looking at a new manager and a squad a fraction of it's current value.

We should saviour our success more because of stopping them-that doesn't mean we don't appreciate 55 in it's own rights. It's the ultimate win win.

I can put my hand on my heart and say I was absolutely dreading them bastards getting ten.

The way they schooled us in previous seasons, I genuinely felt that it was going to be decades before we could challenge again.

Thank you whoever made the call to Steven Gerrard and honestly from the bottom of my heart, thank you for answering the call Mr Gerrard. You came when duty called indeed.

Oh Rangers we love you !!

We'd certainly never have heard the end of it. But now Terry Munro is a stick to beat them with forever so happy days

Absolutely. I never ever thought about TI*R until sellic and the media started pushing it.
I've never taken it seriously and knew this day would come.
I like history but I'm not in to records. Them getting 10* wouldn't have bothered me. I'd have got past it.
They built it in to a Holy Grail to sell tickets and a stick to beat us with. Mainly a stick.
We celebrated today as if it's over. If we blew it now I would hold my hands up and say we are the most ridiculous fans in the world.
That "record" is currently held by them, for celebrating a meaningless "10" for seasons long before they had it.
They don't even have the crutch of "we play in Scotland" to explain their monumental European failures. We've proven this season that you can compete in Europe regardless.
Some bears may honestly have been focused on 10. For me it has always been about us and 55.
They are simply ridiculous and will never, ever recover.

edit: Just to add, and maybe prove my point; How many are bothered about their 2nd "9" and quadrooble treble? I don't think they even care anymore.
Totally agree.

But it took me long enough to type what I said without trying to say what you said.

I always understood where people were coming from when they spoke about tainted titles but I always thought if they won 10 then that's what the record books would show. Realistically, in 30/40 years time how many people are going to be arguing about tainted titles etc. If it got into the record books then it was thing regardless of whether we liked it or not.

I am so happy we managed to stop their 10. It gives this title extra satisfaction for me.
This 100% wether we like it or not, it would have been 10 in a row, it won't be now

For me, "the 10" meant nothing. It was completely hollow and I would've taken them winning the league this year with a 100% guarantee we'd win it next year, rather than chucking Gerrard and the backroom team and starting all over again with a new manager this season

Mixed bag of responses so far. Off course as Rangers fans it has been all about getting to 55. I’ve obsessed over that number for years now since Gerrard arrived. But to blow their ‘The10’ right out of the water at the same time. How sweet is that?

I can put my hand on my heart and say I was absolutely dreading them bastards getting ten.

The way they schooled us in previous seasons, I genuinely felt that it was going to be decades before we could challenge again.

Thank you whoever made the call to Steven Gerrard and honestly from the bottom of my heart, thank you for answering the call Mr Gerrard. You came when duty called indeed.

Oh Rangers we love you !!

I agree it's easy to have the bravado to say we were always going to do it, I heard that about Warburton, I heard it about it Pedro, I heard it about SG and then last season SG saw a massive swing of doubt.......those suggesting 10IAR was going to be fake or that they were a house of cards underestimates what SG has achieved. It was indeed a minor miracle.

It became a bit of a thing.

Even the most clued-in, pessimistic Bear surely never expected them to be going for 10 titles when we kicked off at Glebe Park in July 2012?

I never thought it would take us two seasons to escape the second tier of Scottish football and I certainly didn't think we'd need 5 cracks at the SPL before the title came home.

I absolutely would not have believed we wouldn't win one of the cups in a decade either.

I know there are some mitigating circumstances, and whilst I really only care about us, it's not really possible to look at what we do in isolation.

Never mind them. For me this was always a three year job for SG. To expect to win anything in year 1 or 2 from what he inherited would have been a bonus. Let’s be honest, we were cheated out of the LC so that would have been a nice one to have but so be it. We could all see the progress but we kept making individual costly mistakes. We have cut that out this year And been way more ruthless. The football has been superb. Better than I could have imagined. So excited to see where this could go.

Celtc winning Ten would have been as relevant as credible as their Fraudruple Treble. Thankfully for us, their famous inferiority-complex and desire to gloat while hoovering up worthless and parochial domestic baubles only ensured colossal failure and repeated humiliation in European competition. They had 9 years to establish themselves as a regular and respected feature on the European stage, but in true Peasant fashion, instead made themselves a Continental laughing stock of which Jacques Tati would have taken pride.

I can confirm I was dreading them getting 10 and that's me witnessed them being stopped doing it twice now, although this one feels a lot better.

Anybody saying they weren't concerned about it, is at the madam.

Anyway, luvly jubly

The idea of the legacy of Gazza and Laudrup being destroyed by the likes of Scott brown and Lee Griffin was an unbearable thought for me. I’ve been having nightmares about it for years.

Back to being champions was what it was all about for me, taking back from those fraudsters what is ours.
The cream has risen to the top, and the sh#t is traveling downwards. Order has been restored.
G.I.R.F.U.Y timmy.

Their tiar was always going to be a hollow badge of honour, fitting for them though. For us it was always about the long journey back to 55, against all the odds weve done it, and ruined their party. Quality

Important to realise that 10 would only have possible in the eyes of those...... Mental.....

Logic isn't the tramp, junky, paedophile, rapist, thieving rancid cancer's strongeat point.

I'm in awe of our team right now and wondering just how far we can go in the future. We have everything in place to take us forward. I fekin love Rangers!

It would have eaten away at me despite me truly believing they never did a proper nine. The quadruple treble nonsense is merely a distraction that, in hindsight, papered over the many cracks that their arrogance and complacency created. If you asked them to swap them all for tiar, I know what they'd choose. They've had to settle for second best again.

I dont want them winning anything, but the prospect of them running away from us financially was more of a concern for me. Dave King stepping up to the plate quickly reasured me that we would catch them, sooner rather than later.

For me, the satisfaction is... adding this to Rugby Park 2011. Did you think for a second at that time we'd be staring down the barrels of the abyss?
No longer will I watch that video of our 7 minute mauling of them and wonder when our next triumph will be.

We're there.
Rejoice bears. we're there!

There were plenty, myself included. Relief is one of the many emotions I'm feeling today and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I take my hat off to you.

For me it wasn't clear that we were already being asset stripped in 2012 at that point and surely most of us believed "the journey" was a three year cakewalk through the lower leagues.

Even when DK&3B pulled off the incredible coup of 2015, I still didn't envisage 6 trophy-less years.

I think this title was always going to be huge but not for the 8.75 in a row rubbish.

It gives us a solid platform to build on for seasons to come while that mob are probably now where Rangers were around 2017/18 time looking for a new manager, rebuilding a squad from scratch with early European ties that will have a huge say on their domestic season even before a ball is kicked in the spfl.

If the Rangers squad stays intact it's a case of just adding additional quality now without the 10 plus signings every summer that we had to make under Pedro and Gerrard early days.

That mob on the other hand probably need to make a dozen or so signings with a new manager at the helm while on top of that all their best players want to leave in the summer.

Back