Repair George Square Benches Accidently Damaged During Celebrations

Unfortunate as it was that some benches got damaged we are doing the right thing here by repairing them and another charity will get it's coffers boosted by a considerable sum to moot.I wonder how we will get portrayed by this?
Will be turned around to "guilty by admission". But who cares what they think, we do it anyway, well done Robert Marshall

Thanks to those organising both collections, I've chipped in even though I wasn't there. Hopefully it's not just everyone who celebrated in their living room and garden picking up the tab. IMO it's the moral obligation of any adult who was there to donate to these types of things pronto. All this "everyone was just mwi and they didn't mean to break the benches" is embarrassing.

Was hoping this would be set up. Good gesture, yes there’s a lockdown but the police I met for the most part were brand new. Always a few tadgers sadly so it’s right we as a support right any wrongs

Good to see you organise this @Robert Marshall

Just to mention, the newly planted flower beds were also flattened. Easier to replace than the benches, but also someone's hard work and will cost to replace.

George Square this morning. Our fans supported the council to clean up after the title celebrations. Whilst we except to receive criticism for the celebrations I doubt these photos will be widely shared as it’s not a click bait headline. Thanks lads, class but expected
1f534.png
⚪️
1f535.png

May be an image of outdoors
great to see

Was planning on going down this morning to clean up a bit, but it seemed it was done by the council (and perhaps some fans?) only a few hours after the party stopped.

So donating to replace these benches are the next best thing. Just donated what I could afford

Are you going through the council for the purchase of replacement benches?
I only ask as they will have standard required.
I would rather have my own contacts make them but from what I understand it may be the Council need to have them made for insurance purposes

I would rather have my own contacts make them but from what I understand it may be the Council need to have them made for insurance purposes
That was the point of my question.
They will have a standard required.
They will also know the details of any memorial plaque required.

I’m not detailing the thread by arguing this. I stand by what I say. Regardless of the circumstances it hurt grieving families. Stop mitigating it. There would have been absolute outrage on here if it had been the scum.
You derailed the thread by bringing it up in the first place.

No room for debate, not prepared to see it from another point of view, I've said this and that's it - a really disheartening position for someone making obscene assumptions to be declaring on a forum among friends.

My 11 year old nephew was in George Square yesterday, I've seen many pics of him and his friend on benches, if one of them is the one broken because of their collective weight - he's a lady's front bottom according to you.

That's what's outrageous, not any pretense of me making excuses or mitigating.

Donated made a slight erse of it by donating to two appeals John White and R Marshall its all in a good cause,hopefully this and the clean up assistance provided by some fans will be well publicised.

Great show of respect by the real best fans in the world ...WATP
On another note who paid for the removal etc..of the spray paint damage to the statues done by the mentally challengeds and the blm protesters which the press seemed to have missed.

Back