Will Thursday be affected

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy1872

Not a negative thread or that I think the players had every right to celebrate 55 this weekend. It’s been a 10 year journey but just wondering if people think it could have any effect on our prep for Thursday . Apologies if there’s already been a thread.

my personal thoughts is I hope not but I don’t think it’s something that can just be dismissed

They will run themselves ragged on Thursday night as they know they have a full week to recuperate after that.
They will also want to repay the gaffer for giving them the best feeling of their lives
It will be a tough test as Slavia Prague are a very good team but I don’t think we will be wanting for effort.

We'll have to wait and see on Thursday but I think if there is any impact it will be positive and you will see it in our performance.

I expect to see a Rangers team playing with more belief and confidence than we've even seen so far this season.

Slavia are a good side but not outside of teams we would expect to compete against.
I think we could see great things over the next two games.

No.

Gerard has rebuilt a winning culture and mentality that was lost when our squad was decimated back in 2012. Physically they will have recovered (hopefully McGregor also!) and mentally they will be ready.

It wont have any effect physically at all. They had a blow out at the weekend, they would have been back in today for prep and a light work to sweat out the toxins.

They are all in great shape, by tuesday they wil be back to normal.

Mentally is a different question that only time will tell .

We'll find out in the first 10mins of the game. Will be tricky to bring the players back down to earth and this is a massive game BUT the positivity and feel good factor should drive them on for more.

I think everything was well considered. Getting wrecked Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon isn't ideal prep for a big game, but they were heading home by 5ish yesterday and back in for training this morning.

After the game on Saturday there wouldn't have been much heavy training planned for Sunday anyway.

At worst, we have probably missed one/two big sessions today, but will be back at full pelt tomorrow.

The 24 hours since full time on Saturday were more than deserved, but I think they are all professional enough not to let it impact Thursday

the league was always the priority

yes, europe's important, i'm not saying it's not but the players deserve a bit back after the unbelievable work they've done

if it reacts negatively on our european progress so be it.

my honest opinion is that it's something none of us can predict, too many variables

as you've said one variable might be that the squad is negatively impacted by the celebrations, but to counteract that the players might be feeling god-like after being crowned champions and we might go into the game with an unreal confidence

too difficult to predict, but it will be exciting to find out in any case

Remember through 9 IAR the team who drank together won together it was bonding. But I’m sure the boys will be ready for Thursday. WATP

I was a bit surprised they were back drinking again yesterday, to be honest.

However, and as my girlfriend pointed out at the time, I was pished on champagne myself and had to come in to the office for work today, so am in no position to judge!

Yes. Alcohol can take upwards of 2 weeks to fully disappear from impacting your physical performance in sport.

We have to hope enough of the team weren’t properly on it or don’t drink. I think we will be fine but it’s far from ideal if not totally understandable.

Also there were piles of empty bottles but how much was being sprayed in the floor etc and how much was actually drunk. Only mcgregor and the management team have looked utterly reeking so far.

Yeah, a lot of the player won't drink. Kent for example was out and about yesterday driving from what he put on instagram.

I think Physically the team will be fine but a lot of emotions around the last few days so the players heads might not be 100%.
Agree - physically not a problem - get out of Prague with the tie in the balance would not be a bad result and by the time the Ibrox game comes round everyone will have settled down a bit.

As I said in other post. Most drink was spilled or shook out.

They didn't have 20 beers each or do vodka shots off a naked Gerrard.

A few beers, and emotion, while not having bodies that drink like us on here made them seem more drunk.

In my opinion.

Not a negative thread or that I think the players had every right to celebrate 55 this weekend. It’s been a 10 year journey but just wondering if people think it could have any effect on our prep for Thursday . Apologies if there’s already been a thread.

my personal thoughts is I hope not but I don’t think it’s something that can just be dismissed
I doubt it very much.
This is just a new goal.
Priority one has been achieved.
This was priority two.

The Romanian Football Federation did a poll for fans today. The player in greatest form right now:
1. Ianis Hagi (Rangers/Scoția) – 30,3 % (10 puncte)
2. Nicolae Stanciu (Slavia Praga/Cehia) – 24,24% (7 puncte)
3. Alexandru Cicâldău (Universitatea Craiova) – 17,97% (5 puncte) etc.
We will be fine against them. Stanciu is their playmaker.

They'll be buzzing to get more

Physically, they'll be fine. Mentally is another matter, as they'll need to get off Cloud 9 (which will be hard) and really focus on huge game on Thursday against a very good side.

They will have got the nuts ran off them at training today and into the sauna after it to sweat all the poison out of their systems.

As finely tuned elite athletes, their recovery will be fine.

And having enjoyed success and seen what it means and feels like, I feel it will make them even more determined and hungry for more glory on Thursday.

If you talk to a sport scientist then yes, preparing for a match by going out on a two day bender is not ideal. Their sleep, diet, energy, focus will all be affected. But genuinely don't think it will hurt this group of players too much.

Get a decent result over there, then get them back to the Brox for a pumping!

Maybe, but in the long run the team spirit and the bond between all the players will only get stronger, added to that a winning mentality.

Watching some of the videos along with all the background chatter, singing and cheering they were behaving more like fans than players, which we hope they all are now.

We won the league after 10 long years and a roller coaster ride of emotions. The gaffer knows more than anyone the value of team spirit - and how to channel the euphoria of the weekend back towards the work needed to get us back to ready for the next game.

Bet there were one or two looking for a sick bucket during the training sessions though!

Gerrard knows that they’ll have to proper graft in training on the lead up to Thursday. It’ll hopefully get them reset and the celebrations would hopefully halt any burnout that was coming in its tracks.

At least we never had a bender in roasting dubai to prepare for games in Prague and Glasgow B-D

Were they back to training today? Back in tomorrow if not they'll be right as rain, except for McGregor, he's at that age when a hangover lasts 3 or 4 days :D

Some of the players were absolutely MWI but there’s also a lot other players who I’ve seen no footage of them in a ridiculous state.

Jacko and McGregor seemed the worst off.
Kent driving yesterday
Goldson didn’t look that bad
Borna and Roofe already been in gym training and didn’t look rough
Morelos would’ve been like that pished or not
Not seen any footage of wee Patterson steaming

most of the drink appeared to be used to make a slip and slide.

remember although there were loads of empty bottles staff and directors were drinking too

Nah they’ll be fine. 4 days to recover, work it out the system.
these guys are professional athletes. Their base fitness will be incredible

I think Physically the team will be fine but a lot of emotions around the last few days so the players heads might not be 100%.
Also, we cannot underestimate what this weekend has done for team spirit and morale.

These guys are now immortalised and will be a 'band of brothers' from here on in. If (and it's a big if - which I wouldn't expect), they were not prepared to run through brick walls for each other up till now they will surely do so from here on in.

These kind of weekends mould Champions. They will be fine. And even if not, I would have swapped it all for this team to win 55 they way they have. This has a far greater lasting impact for our Club.

55 and Counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back