Rangers/Douglas Laing Whisky

I just can’t decide which one to open!
FFD4-A87-A-273-D-4595-8474-7-DC0-E068-B98-A.jpg
Nice range too, bit of smoke, well aged grain and a Speyside is it? Happy dramming! :))

Which one did you open?

I went for the Blue.
Savoured a large one and will really enjoy this bottle over the next few weeks.

Loved it, but Islay malts are my favourite.
The 30 year old single grain. Had a nice wee double and then another tonight.

Lovely stuff! Can't wait to dig into the others!

Still needing the red bottle if anyone knows of any going.

Was hoping a couple of these would maybe pop up on auction sites at some point but can’t see it.

The 55 will look good in a display cabinet as it is a very nice design, missed out completely on the Rangers range but hopefully more designs and options to come in the future

I am gonna hold onto these for a while.

Might buy another 55 for drinking, but I have ordered a drinks cabinet and these will looks glorious in it.

Apologies if this is old news, but just received an email from the club saying we’ve released a single malt bottling through Douglas Lang.

Anyone know anything about this?
Age?
Region?
Distillery?

Definitely tempted to get a bottle or 3, but as a bit of a whisky snob, looking to get a bit more info.

At £40 a bottle, I’d be hoping for a 12 year old minimum, from Speyside, although that’s just my personal preference. No doubt we’ll be paying just for the Rangers crest on the bottle though.

https://rangers.douglaslaing.com/single-malt/

I got mine a few weeks back but haven’t opened it yet. I saw one (not mine of course) sold on Scotch Whisky Auctions for £60 recently.

£40 is okay for a limited edition although I suspect it will be relatively young and the only thing exclusive about it will be the label.

Ordered 2. One to drink and one to keep in case rarity pushes its value up. If it doesn't I can drink that one in a few years too. Win win

Apologies not a whisky man but I bought the blended malt 55 edition bottle and it was more than £40 and without a gift box.

What is the difference between the 2 whiskey's?

That’s the one

Done it with the 55 bottle too and already managed to get the other 3 (but didn’t double up on any of those unfortunately)
I managed to double up on 1 of the 3 released. Just have 1 of the 55 and just bought 1 of these. Will probably just drink this one and keep the 55 on display.

Were not daft are we from a marketing perspective.

Pump the filth, release Rangers booze.

Kerrrching.....

Apologies not a whisky man but I bought the blended malt 55 edition bottle and it was more than £40 and without a gift box.

What is the difference between the 2 whiskey's?
In all honesty there will probably be a bit of a trade off between the juice in the bottle and the marketing side. The 55 whisky (which looks pretty nice but isn't boxed) is blended single malts (ie no grain as in standard blends), 46% ABV, non-coloured an non chill-filtered which (all things being equal) makes for a better mouth feel, taste and purer whisky experience...one that whisky geeks will be drawn to as it can also take a spot of water. The single malt looks like they've had time to get a box etc put together but it's lower ABV and possibly chill filtered. I suspect both will be solid to good and yes slightly marked up for the crest, but in all honesty that's why we're buying it. Douglas Laing are a well respected indepedent bottler and generally put out good stuff. Also the single malt has some sherry casks in which should make for a slightly nuttier, dried fruit element as per most sherry influenced whiskies. Hope that helps and didn't put you into a coma.

In all honesty there will probably be a bit of a trade off between the juice in the bottle and the marketing side. The 55 whisky (which looks pretty nice but isn't boxed) is blended single malts (ie no grain as in standard blends), 46% ABV, non-coloured an non chill-filtered which (all things being equal) makes for a better mouth feel, taste and purer whisky experience...one that whisky geeks will be drawn to as it can also take a spot of water. The single malt looks like they've had time to get a box etc put together but it's lower ABV and possibly chill filtered. I suspect both will be solid to good and yes slightly marked up for the crest, but in all honesty that's why we're buying it. Douglas Laing are a well respected indepedent bottler and generally put out good stuff. Also the single malt has some sherry casks in which should make for a slightly nuttier, dried fruit element as per most sherry influenced whiskies. Hope that helps and didn't put you into a coma.
That's great mate thanks.

I bought mine to keep not to drink so I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't come in a box like the new one.

Back