Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Unbelievable.

Dario Gradi, the man who signed Neil Lennon from Manchester City. Removed from football as there is a chance he could potentially pose a risk to children. Didn't consider putting a hand down someone's pants to be an assault.

Barry Bennell was at Man City and Crewe at the same time as Lennon too, as well as being involved in cross-border tournaments with Celtic Boys Club. In court it was claimed that Bennell abused a boy in a caravan that Lennon was staying in.

That might not mean anything of course, as sinister as it sounds, but it's no surprise at all to see coincidences and links all go back to one club.

Edited to say I'm not implying anything happened to Lennon, or Lennon was involved in any abuse. There is no doubt though that he is on the long, long list of individuals who need to be interviewed in an independent investigation.

Q0YUzLE.jpg

Testimony from Lou Macari, the former footballer and manager, which insisted a notorious paedophile had no connection with Stoke City during his time as manager, has been contradicted by an official report.

The former Manchester United and Scotland player, who previously revealed his regret at failing to act after being alerted to abuse at Celtic FC’s feeder club while he was managing the Glasgow side, gave evidence to an FA investigation into historical paedophilia in football. He claimed that he would never have allowed Barry Bennell — now serving a 34-year sentence for abusing dozens of boys — to be associated with Stoke while he was there.

However, Clive Sheldon QC, who led the review, found that Bennell had worked for Stoke between 1992 and 1994. Macari was Stoke’s manager from 1991 until 1993 when he joined Celtic.

The report, published yesterday, states: “Lou Macari said that during his time as manager of the club Bennell had not been involved and he had no knowledge of Bennell having coached at the club’s school of excellence.

“During an interview with the review Macari was asked whether Bennell was associated with the club by 1992 to which he replied: ‘No, that wouldn’t be true because I was manager there from 1991 to 1993.’ ”

Macari suggested Bennell had become involved with Stoke during the tenure of Joe Jordan, his successor. “Lou Macari’s recollection is probably mistaken,” Sheldon said. “There is considerable evidence Bennell was associated with the club during his tenure as manager.”

He said it was possible Macari had nothing to do with the arrangement.

Macari claimed he received a call from Jordan after he left Stoke. He said: “Joe . . . says to me, ‘We’re thinking of taking on to the youth set-up a fellow called Barry Bennell, do you know anything about him?’ I said: ‘Joe . . . don’t even consider him. He’s trouble’.”

The report noted: “Macari confirmed that he had thought that Bennell was someone with a sexual interest in children but that he did not expressly say this to Joe Jordan. Joe Jordan had no recollection of speaking with Lou Macari about Bennell.”

Sheldon concluded there was “plenty of evidence” that people associated with Stoke had concerns about Bennell. “This ought to have led the club to monitor and check up on Bennell’s activities with young boys,” he said.

When asked last night about Bennell and the report’s findings Macari said: “I didn’t have any involvement with him.”

Unbelievable.

Dario Gradi, the man who signed Neil Lennon from Manchester City. Removed from football as there is a chance he could potentially pose a risk to children. Didn't consider putting a hand down someone's pants to be an assault.

Barry Bennell was at Man City and Crewe at the same time as Lennon too, as well as being involved in cross-border tournaments with Celtic Boys Club. In court it was claimed that Bennell abused a boy in a caravan that Lennon was staying in.

That might not mean anything of course, as sinister as it sounds, but it's no surprise at all to see coincidences and links all go back to one club.

Edited to say I'm not implying anything happened to Lennon, or Lennon was involved in any abuse. There is no doubt though that he is on the long, long list of individuals who need to be interviewed in an independent investigation.
As you say, Lennon may not have been involved.

On the other hand, if he was abused, it may explain the long term mental health problems that we keep getting told he suffers from.

It’s being shown towards the end of this month over 3 nights. Our last correspondence with him he stated that it will be about clubs in England.
Dan Gordon called X and Y about 2-3 weeks ago to inform them why he wasn’t including the CFC/cbc/gang in his documentary.

While I respect and thank him for that personally for affording folk that privately before going live with the absence of the #CFC/cbc/gang.

I can’t help but think he’s done an injustice to survivors in Scotland and especially at CFC/cbc.

At least his message will ring home down south and bring it to the big screen,why it’s not national and heavily linked with the gang@ Sharkheid,only Dan and his research team know the truth.

I don't think we will ever know the true number of Celtics victims who took their own lives but one was too many. During every step in the fight for justice for the survivors we must, and will never forget those who took their own lives, lives that were worth so much more than those who abused them, facilitated their abuse and covered up their abuse. To the families of these young men I say they may be gone but they will never be forgotten and they were and still are worth a hundred times more than those involved in any way with their abuse. This fight is for your sons too.

Well done to all involved. It certainly seems like progress is being made. Can't help but feeling that the surface has only just been scratched though.
The financial target to fund Adrian's film was reached in jig time because there is such a strong appetite to uncover the truth.
Would it then be too risky or too brazen to go the whole road by making a follow up is my question.

A follow up which will specifically focus on individuals in the sfa, the media, the judiciary, the government. Individuals who are all irrefutably complicit in this cover up.

I may be speaking out of turn and accept there may well be sensitive facts of which I am unaware, however I can't help but feel the time to go all in on this scandal has arrived.

I've just finished watching episode 1.

The control they had over those boys, and their families, was terrifying.
The things that I’ve heard will live with me forever. That’s why we are fighting hard to get it into the public domain. What’s gone on at Celtic has to be heard. There will be more charges on certain individuals but we won’t stop there. We have also gone after the enablers and uncovered abuse on foreign soil. I can honestly tell you that influential people are now listening to us. Especially abroad.

The things that I’ve heard will live with me forever. That’s why we are fighting hard to get it into the public domain. What’s gone on at Celtic has to be heard. There will be more charges on certain individuals but we won’t stop there. We have also gone after the enablers and uncovered abuse on foreign soil. I can honestly tell you that influential people are now listening to us. Especially abroad.

I take my hat off to you and everyone who is working with you.

I don't honestly think I'd be able to listen to what happened to victims without going crazy.

I know that sounds quite callous considering what the children went through, at the hands of these beasts.

In the Record tonight .

Scots family fear Celtic Boys' Club abuse victim 'died in vain'​

Andrew Gray was abused by the boys’ club founder Jim Torbett in the 1980s

2_JS176908791.jpg
Andrew loved football from a young age

Heartbroken family members of a Celtic Boys Club abuse victim have said they fear he 'lost his life in vain' as they continue to hit out at a report into the scandal.
Andrew Gray was abused by the boys’ club founder Jim Torbett in the 1980s and came forward to police in 2016.
He died in a swimming accident aged 41 in Australia the next year before he could face Torbett in court.
Sister Michelle and mum Helen, 72, gave evidence to the Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football panel on his behalf.

0_PDP_SDR_060319_torbett_011JPG.jpg

Helen Gray, mother of Andrew Gray, and his sister Michelle. (Image: SUNDAY MIRROR)

His family have been left disappointed with the outcome of the report and are now saying they believe Andrew 'died in vain'.
Michelle praised her brother's bravery in coming forward with his allegations but said the strain of the pressure had led him to multiple suicide attempts before going to Australia.

She said the family were now pursuing civil action seeking damages against Celtic and that the club's apology 'did not go far enough'.

She said: "This whole journey with Andrew has been about uncovering the truth and seeing who all played a part in it.
"We have lawyers looking at this. To be honest we couldn't care less about the money but if that is the only way to make an impact then that's what we have to do.
"If he had never spoke up he might still be here.
"It was the strain and pressure of being here that made him move to Australia, he couldn't cope and had to leave.
"We want to make sure that this can never happen again."

0_Andrew-Gray104JPG.jpg

Andrew with his sister (Image: Daily Record)

Helen said: "I fear my son went through all that in vain.
"What was it all for? Torbett was jailed but I don't know that there has been enough done to stop there being another Andrew Gray in the future."
Andrew’s testimony from beyond the grave helped convict Torbett, 73, who was jailed for six years in November 2018 for abusing three boys over an eight-year period.
He had previous convictions for abusing young players from Celtic Boys’ Club and had been jailed for two years for preying on three boys between 1967 and 1974.
A 191-page SFA review into child sex abuse in Scottish football detailed harrowing accounts of young players being preyed upon by clubs throughout the country.
In the report, Martin Henry, chair of the review panel and former boss of abuse prevention charity Stop It Now!, described the impact on victims as “lifelong, frequently serious and sometimes catastrophic”.
The SFA was contacted for comment.
Celtic FC was contacted for comment.

A spokesman for the club said last month: "The club has publicly expressed its sincere sympathy, regret and sorrow to all those affected across Scottish football, including at Celtic Football Club and Celtic Boys’ Club, something which the independent review acknowledged and welcomed.
“Since the publication of the interim report, Celtic has been working with the Scottish FA and Scottish football as a whole to review those recommendations and to strive to make Scottish football a safer place for our young people.”

I take my hat off to you and everyone who is working with you.

I don't honestly think I'd be able to listen to what happened to victims without going crazy.

I know that sounds quite callous considering what the children went through, at the hands of these beasts.
I hear exactly what you’re saying. It does get to you sometimes. We’re all human.
We strongly believe that one day the world will hear the truth on what went on at that club. It has to be heard.

I hear exactly what you’re saying. It does get to you sometimes. We’re all human.
We strongly believe that one day the world will hear the truth on what went on at that club. It has to be heard.
Sir, with Respect, may I suggest the following to yourself and the good Spotlight team.
Could you possibly " put out ", a " template " email on this thread, whereupon every Forum member, their Families, friends etc could send the " template " email far and wide to every British newspaper, tv and radio station, etc etc.
That surely must put pressure on the septic cunts over at the house of horrors near Parkheid X.

Perhaps you could do another " template " email on a similar vein, which everyone could send to the UK Foreign Office, if that is the correct UK Govt. Dept., with regard to the oh so slow " negociations " with Vietnam, with regard to the extradition of a certain horrible odious rancid turd, who is currently residing over there, and who has both a UK and European Arrest Warrant "against his name ".

With Great Respect

TheOG

Back