Celtic podder predicts Keane and Nicky Butt management team

Saw the Butt leaving Man Ure on the news and thought that he was going to take the Salford job! Keane has a poor track record and will be even more incendiary here than his predecessor.

Pray to whatever god you believe in that this is true, but I can’t see it. Keane seems perfectly content in his cushty Sky gig with his new best pal Micah Richards. Career suicide to go to them right now and he knows it.

Season ticket renewals are upon us all at this stage, and they need an oppressed and downtrodden type figure to appease the masses.

Not sure why Butt would be mentioned anywhere near it, other than the Keane-Man Utd connection.

In any case, I think they should batter on in and appoint them both and get the Harkin guy in as well. It’s bound to fail horribly. Keanes a disaster waiting to happen, so I say bring it on.

Strange one. Nicky Butt might turn out to be great—who knows?—but Keane’s got a proven track record of being a pretty shit manager. If the argument is that Neil Kennon’s too shouty and old school for modern footballers, what the hell are they going to make of Roy Keane?

Last edited:
Pray to whatever god you believe in that this is true, but I can’t see it. Keane seems perfectly content in his cushty Sky gig with his new best pal Micah Richards. Career suicide to go to them right now and he knows it.
Think Keane has said he would love to go back into management. But he has also said that he can't stand this generation of footballers. He's not going to find anyone at Parkhead that was as committed as he was, and I don't think he'll be able to wrap his head around that or handle it diplomatically.

Roy Keane would lose the dressing room before he was even in it. he thought he could emulate the fire brand style that sir Alex had but the main difference being sir Alex was a master tactician and had it all. He wouldn’t worry me in the slightest.

He bombed at Sunderland and Ipswich so god knows why he would do a job at the Tims .
His news conferences will be epic,especially after we beat them! :D

Keane has been offered their job before. He went for a lunch with Desmond and had a chat with him about football during an international break in 2014.

He didn't even know he was in the running for the job, just had lunch with their owner.

Desmond, for whatever reason, is completely obsessed with him.
He said in his book he would have took it but they wouldn't let him bring his own backroom team as they had just hired deila as his assistant

Fergal? Are they trying to find the most stereotypical Tim? (Disclaimer, ive no idea who he is)

Roy Keane. :D hope it works out the same as the first time

I think thousands of Celtic fans wouldn’t renew if they done this.

Just can’t see it happen, surely the tim board aren’t that stupid?

I’d be surprised if Nicky Butt willingly worked with Keane.

Done a decent job at Man Utd and I’d imagine his ideas are lot more modern and progressive than Keane’s. Its basically Lennon/Kennedy all over again.

tenor.gif

I just can’t see it, what a come down if true. If he wasn’t Irish and and ex bheast, no way on earth would he be getting considered

I like Keane as a pundit, doesn’t care if people hate what he says. I’d like him even more as their manager, absolute nutter and I would pay to see him cracking skulls at training. If the players hated lennon’s coaching what will they make of mad Roy’s? He’d be sacked after the first Old Firm game.

Back