The cost of a game behind closed doors?

Diego Forlan

Official Ticketer
Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Reading the fall out from the failure to behave yet again in the east end got me thinking about the sort of costs involved for playing behind closed doors.

Using them as an example, surely if they are charging £150 for the 3 match package, they'd have to issue refunds to anyone who was planning on attending the game? £50 at 50k (or there abouts) sits in the region of 2.5m without even considering hospitality costs?

Then I assume there would be policing costs? To ensure that the game remains behind closed doors, with inside security etc, the costs aren't long in adding up?

The best we can hope for is a stand closure although with that type of stadium I dont know how they would stipulate what part.

no way will a stand be closed.at the most it will be a£20,000 fine.after all it will only be the 12 fine in 6 years.whats the problem lets move on.until the next time.

If, and its a big if, the stadium is closed I would imagine you are looking at £2.5m+ so even assuming 1 stand then you could be looking around the £1m mark.

I would imagine there is no chance of a stand or stadium closure for the next game in the CL.

Would they have to refund all those fans that have bought 3 match packages?

3 match package was only for non S/T holders.
ST holders money is taken the week before game, so if they close a part of stadium they would not take payment for that section.
The Leprechaun who ran on to assault player will be looking over his shoulder for quite some time...........there will be loads of Mhanks looking for him.........to thank him regarding not having to watch another thumping v Bayern

They will get their wrists slapped yet again thanks to their friend at UEFA. Corrupt at home, corrupt abroad - they are a footballing cancer.

3 match package was only for non S/T holders.
ST holders money is taken the week before game, so if they close a part of stadium they would not take payment for that section.
The Leprechaun who ran on to assault player will be looking over his shoulder for quite some time...........there will be loads of Mhanks looking for him.........to thank him regarding not having to watch another thumping v Bayern
Incorrect. Season ticket holders were offered a 3 match package as well.

The big factor is what sections are closed, does it affect hospitality boxes ? Restaurants ? Or are they immune and its just the normal punters that lose out ?

Unfortunately I cant see any part of their ground being closed. Just another paltry fine

Tickets
£50 x 60,000 = £3m

Kiosk - Say one pie to each attendee (on average), though some will buy none but others will buy a bovril with their pie.
£2.50 x 60,000 = £150,000

Program sales (approx cost and sales numbers)
£3.50 x 20,000 = £50,000

Club shop - say on average each attendee spends £5
£5 x 60,000 = 300,000

Very rough total of £3.5m.

It is hypothetical though as all they'll get is a £20k fine.

Keep in mind that this is the first group game, they have already been in bother before this game so they will do something stupid again before they get pumped out. If they don't get a closed stand/doors game from this then they might later on.

Apparently only close part stadiums for racist abuse ? I remember a ref getting hit by coin in Europe and ground closed for 3 matches.

I can see it being another paltry fine and at worst a suspended stand closure unfortunately

Player safety must be a priority. Twice the bacterial support have made it onto the park. It is only a matter of time before a player gets a bad yin from a Tim.

The hearing won't be held till October so will have to wait and see what happens this time.

Beyond a joke now how many charges and fines they've had.

Keeping TGFITW out the midden for a game would torture them

When we played Inter behind closed doors over in Milan was that not due to actions of their fans from the previous year.

Missed out on a trip to the San Siro when the Inter game was played behind closed doors..gutted

Could be next season before the scum are punished then?

Depends on what UEFA decide

Inter v AC was at the quarter-final stage to which AC Milan were awarded the game

Last season Legia Warsaw were punished for their fans last season behaviour against Borussia Dortmund which was the 1st game in the group stage, UEFA issued a 1 match stadium closure for the next home game which happen to be against Real Madrid

Depends on what UEFA decide

Inter v AC was at the quarter-final stage to which AC Milan were awarded the game

Last season Legia Warsaw were punished for their fans last season behaviour against Borussia Dortmund which was the 1st game in the group stage, UEFA issued a 1 match stadium closure for the next home game which happen to be against Real Madrid

Would be good if UEFA come tumbling down on them and hammer them right away. Would set an example, plus those fhannies would miss Bayern at home.

The big factor is what sections are closed, does it affect hospitality boxes ? Restaurants ? Or are they immune and its just the normal punters that lose out ?
There are no normal punters at the piggery.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Reading the fall out from the failure to behave yet again in the east end got me thinking about the sort of costs involved for playing behind closed doors.

Using them as an example, surely if they are charging £150 for the 3 match package, they'd have to issue refunds to anyone who was planning on attending the game? £50 at 50k (or there abouts) sits in the region of 2.5m without even considering hospitality costs?

Then I assume there would be policing costs? To ensure that the game remains behind closed doors, with inside security etc, the costs aren't long in adding up?

Not a hope in hell they'll have a stand closed. Another slap on the wrist fine awaits. My guess £50k max.

These cunts are teflon coated when it comes to UEFA.

If they make the CL next season their stadium should be shut for 3 games, teams have had stadium closure for less fines than these Bastard, yet these cunts still get away with it.

UEFA take offenses of this nature very seriously and when you add in their disiplinary record I would not rule out a partial or full ground closure.

Maybe I am being optomistic. Time will tell.

Time for UEFA to step up and actually dish out proper punishment.
Wee small fines every year to that clowns are a joke.
Close stands or at least large sections and then we might see e Filth actually do something positive to stop their smelly brigade.
They get a small fine then laugh their head off and decide to close a section themselves for a game in scottish league.
Filth would not be laughing if they got stands closed in Europe - lost revenue, bad media coverage and unhappy smelly fans not getting to attend match.

Come on UEFA lets see you do something Positive.

Yawn I think I just dreamt that they would actually do above :eek::eek:

Back