Eddie Howe

I remember half of FF saying that Rodgers would be a dud. Most of us were licking our lips at the prospect of Moyes going to them, look at the job he is doing now. I don't really have a clue how Howe will get on. None of us do.

All I know is that we literally couldn't have a better bunch in charge of us.
Yeah, am hoping there’s a bit of the “Emperor’s New Clothes” about him, but time will tell

Something is not right with it. If have thought he’d have signed at least, when he starts is a different matter. I’d say this means he’s not getting what he is asking, transfer budget, ballroom staff etc... not a great start. Or he’s holding out for an EPL job at Palace.

Would love this deal not to happen. Not because I’m terrified at the thought of Howe putting up a challenge but it’s due to the amount of celebrating and the making up of songs that lot have been doing since Friday.
That would be class I don't care who they get I'm that confident with our set up :) but I've noticed how happy they seem! Would be great to see if fall apart :))

I'm beginning to think he's stringing Celtic along until a Palace or equivalent looks like becoming available in the summer. Magic.

Didn’t know anything about Howe I have just read he kept Bournemouth in the Premiership for 5 Seasons must admit that’s quite an achievement different pressure coming up here.

When he was at Burnley he cleared the backroom staff from youth to first team and filled it with his own guys, so it's no surprise he wants to pick his own DoF.
I can't see him lasting at Celtic so bring it on.

Bizarre set of circumstances. Celtic want their own DOF in, Howe wants his. If Howe gets his way and then fails, you’d imagine Hughes would get the sack as well leaving them back to the drawing board and setting them back years. Guess we’ll need to wait and see.

If they get Howe and it goes tits up it will set them back big time financially which im sure already are in a mess due to covid and this seasons disaster .
Still think they will end up with a patsy manager for a couple of years with Kennedy being talked up by players etc
Announce BigJK

Too ‘risky’ for him to take over now. If they go on a bad run, and lose to us under him that’s him under huge pressure immediately

better in the summer with a clean slate and time to work with the squad before any games
Exactly. No chance he will take it now. Has to work with players he might not rate or want and if he is in charge for two defeats to us he will already have their fans on his back.

No disrespect to Howe as he's a decent coach.

He's nowhere near the level of Brenda though as he's being made out to be the 2nd coming before even being appointed.

How (no pun intended) I would love this to blow up in their faces and he goes elsewhere

If Howe had any sense he would hold off to see what EPL jobs will become available.

Even the likes of Palace will pay far more and he’ll have a much bigger budget. Also closer to his safe place of the south coast.

Something is not right with it. If have thought he’d have signed at least, when he starts is a different matter. I’d say this means he’s not getting what he is asking, transfer budget, ballroom staff etc... not a great start. Or he’s holding out for an EPL job at Palace.

He thinks he can waltz in there and appoint anyone he fancies. Them lot are fuming they let Brendan, the man with the tango.

I am getting mixed reactions from tims, some saying he's the best young manager in the UK, some saying he's not their choice.
Personally nothing jumps out to me he is a very good manager, why was he out of a job for so long?..Was it his choice or other clubs didn't want him , I think he will get the job and use it as a stepping stone just like Rogers.
He has a VERY big job on his hands to overhaul their squad just like SG had to do.

Don't know whether I want it to fall through for a laugh or for him to get it. If they are going to throw away their plans for a DOF and let him choose his own manager because they are so desperate to get him, it would be even more hilarious if it fails.

Tims saying on Twitter they're not annoucing him because the stockmarket is on the Easter break

The Danish former Ibrox star believes Howe must be afforded plenty of patience in a city where it is a precious commodity when he is appointed at Parkhead.

Rangers legend Brian Laudrup believes Eddie Howe needs time at Celtic as the incoming manager tries to catch up to an Ibrox side that will continue to strengthen.
Howe is expected to be announced as the Parkhead club's new boss in the coming weeks, though question marks remain over whether he will be taking over immediately or allow interim boss John Kennedy to remain in charge until the summer.
The appointment will unite a disgruntled fanbase after a disappointing season but for the first time since Neil Lennon was named boss back in 2010, the starting position for the fallen champions under their fresh face is second best.

And Laudrup reckons Steven Gerrard will try to lengthen the gap between Rangers and their rivals, not stand still.
He wrote in his Daily Mail column: "His obvious task is to drastically improve Celtic's performances and catch Rangers next season.

"The problem, however, is that he will be trying to grasp a moving target.

"Gerrard won't stand still. It's simply not in his personality. He has raised the bar in the Scottish Premiership this season and will continue to try and do so.

"This year's title is just the start of his ambitions at Rangers. He's clear about that. Celtic are facing a huge turnover this summer but their rivals are able to build from a position of strength."

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard ahead of the Scottish Cup third round match at Ibrox

Laudrup insists the Parkhead support must be prepared to offer years of patience as they wait for Howe's Hoops to catch up - similar to how Gerrard was afforded three years to break Celtic's stranglehold on domestic honours.
He continued: "We know Celtic fans around the world are looking for a response to this season as quickly as possible. That's perfectly understandable.
"But are they, and Celtic as a club, prepared to offer Howe time? It's a quantity that's always in short supply in Glasgow. But I think he will need it once the deal is finalised.

For Celtic, this campaign has come as a huge shock after so many years of winning.

"Have they got it in them to accept that they might have to wait a year - or maybe two - for a new manager to build, implement his ideas and create his own squad before he is truly able to come good?
"To me, that's the biggest question of all. And I imagine it was one Howe might have been asking in his conversations with Dermot Desmond and other senior figures at Celtic."

Is anyone else sick of hearing the name Edward Howe already? I know I am . If we continue in the same vane as this season , they’d be as well with Eddie Reader in the dugout . Wanks .

I am getting mixed reactions from tims, some saying he's the best young manager in the UK, some saying he's not their choice.
Personally nothing jumps out to me he is a very good manager, why was he out of a job for so long?..Was it his choice or other clubs didn't want him , I think he will get the job and use it as a stepping stone just like Rogers.
He has a VERY big job on his hands to overhaul their squad just like SG had to do.
Let’s face it , there is absolutely no comparison between him and Rodgers , it’s the comfort blanket myth perpetuated by the hordes . Total different ends of the spectrum . Also no chance even Rodgers comes in and has the success where we are at just now . And as you say that’s without a full squad Overhaul .

I still think he is probably as good an appointment as they were going to get, but I hadn't realised the resources he had at Bournemouth. From afar it seems likes a monumental achievement to get them promoted twice and then to keep the smallest team in the division by a mile up for so long, but bar the season he finished 9th he pretty much finished according to his resources the rest of the time and then underachieved in the final season. You still need to be a good manager to achieve what he has though so I don't go along with the idea that he'll crumble.

No doubt he is a decent manager, but he wasn’t liked at Burnley, and why are Sheffield United, who will be in the Championship next season, the only club to approach him? He is however a step up from Roy Keane or Thierry Henry.

Regardless of how good a coach / manager Eddie Howe is he, it’s a tough job if he takes on the Celtic job.

His better players are running there contracts and will be sold Ajer / Eduard / Christie and potentially McGregor - they have 4 players on loan Duffy elyanoussi laxahlt and kenny who are all regular starters and will return to parent club.

they need 7 first team starters (GK / RB / LB and CB

left mid / winger and 2 new strikers of those who are likely to remain your building your team round Soro / Turnbull / Forrest.

I assume he has been told he will have a healthy budget otherwise he would have ran a mile - his first 2/3 signings will be absolutely vital as that lot will not give him time - if he doesn’t hit the ground running.

All in it’s not far from the perfect storm from our point of view.

Would love this deal not to happen. Not because I’m terrified at the thought of Howe putting up a challenge but it’s due to the amount of celebrating and the making up of songs that lot have been doing since Friday.
And we all know what happened to poor Terry.:p:p

Out of all the realistic options, Howe is the best choice. Unfortunately for Bheast FC, their best won't be good enough. We are just going to go from strength to strength while they need to undertake a complete overhaul.

We can dominate for years to come if we play it smart. It's imperative that we continue to improve and not take our foot off their throats. I've no doubt that Gerrard already knows this and won't become complacent.

Last edited:
Unless there is some contractual obligation that stops him from starting now, then it shows the measure of the man not taking the job up now.

There is a cup to be won and one in which he could knock us out which would put him right up on a pedastal with his new fans. If he is refusing that, then to me it shows he is a bit of a bottle merchant

Are we running scared of him or something? Its the first time I've commented on howe, but after many threads about him, I felt an intervention was needed.

Who gives a f**k :shh:
Totally agree. If they had as many threads on our managers we'd be calling them paranoid and obsessed.!

They need to spend big this summer, but will they? No CL for a couple of seasons has lead to them offsetting it with Dembele and Biscuit Hips money, they don't have another asset at that value.
Barkas, Ajeti, Duffy = neck end of 12m down the swanny along with several others.
Broonaldo and Thumb away for f*ck all.
Some form of pay off to TLB and the legend that is Hammond.
Ajer Edouard probs their biggest assets are worth nowhere near what they expected them to be.
Oh and no CL next season either for them B-D
They can't just throw more and more money at it or they end up f*cked, either with FFP or just financially in general.

Eddie Howe is a good experienced manager who will get them organised, playing decent football and comfortably
lead them to second in the league! :shh: B-)

Back