Bayern interested in Sadiq - yes that one

I would be astonished if he goes to Bayern despite the twitter report. he certainly wont be going anywhere for his release clause price that is for sure.

That said good luck to the guy wherever he ends up and fair play to him for kicking on.

I’m not even going to get into how pish Sadiq was but how on earth is any second division player going for €80m? I’m calling shite on this one for that alone. When taken into consideration how bad he is I’m certain it’s nonsense

Had some raw ingredients but was there not talk of £30m to Man Utd in the summer and ended up in the Spanish 2nd Division. Semi Final aside Gerrard wouldn't even name in his Matchday squads such was his performance and commitment in training.
I wish him no ill will but neither do I care what happens to him, the workrate of Morelos and Kent and now Roofe has been massive for us.

The question we’re really asking here is: did we let him go too soon and should we have given him longer to make an impression?

The answer for me though is, no.

He was virtually hopeless on the few outings he did get with us and his attitude in training wasn’t supposed to be particularly endearing either.

I’ve no idea how good he is now, but if he’s genuinely attracting a club like Bayern Munich he must be doing something right.

No one should lose any sleep over it though.

It didn’t work out for him with us, but both he and we have moved on.

It happens.

A good goalscorer but he has woeful technique. I don't think I've ever seen someone so gangly and uncoordinated with a ball at his feet.

With his pace, physicals and goalscoring he'll get a decent mid tier move. His technique is too poor for the top level. Would thrive at a team who get the ball in behind.

An absolutely horrendous footballer at us.

I think it was a pre season game, you could just tell he was useless but there was a lot of "he unorthadox, he's got a strange playing style" etc etc. He just didn't look like a footballer.

The semi final is unforgivable.

I'll eat my hat if he gets a big money move to a top club in one of the best European leagues.

I cannot see it happening

It is when Gerrard seen him 5 days a week and didn't think he'd earned a place in our 18
Isn't there a famous quote from his Liverpool days from Crouch or someone like that about senior players writing guys off after one training session. I think Gerrard was a bit guilty of that with Sadiq although it's a two way street - I doubt Sadiq wanted or cared enough to meet Gerrard's demands and the standards expected of a Rangers player under him.

Double post - only thing I can add to the above is my usual take in threads like this. Certain players will do better in certain countries, leagues, teams (style) and 100 other factors. Gascoigne was a hero here but would never have thrived under a proper disciplinarian who was 100% relentless on fitness, behaviour and again 100 other factors. Certain managers get the best out of players and while Gerrard didn't manage it with Sadiq, that isn't to say the places he's gone since haven't managed to get the best out of him, keep him happy and focused and he's improved as a result.

His agent certainly works for his commission, I’ll give him that.

Just like the ‘link’ to Man Utd, a transparent attempt to flush out bidders, no danger he ends up at a club like Bayern.

He's a good player.

It's almost as if you shouldn't write someone off as terrible after literally 2 appearances

Correct.

You can, however, write someone off for not taking training seriously and swanning about the place like he couldn’t give a %^*&.

There’s a reason these people feature very little.

This guys PR / Agent is really good . Every 2 months another major club is interested in signing him - except nobody does. I think this is the 4th thread on him. Who was it last time - Juve ?

An absolutely horrendous footballer at us.

I think it was a pre season game, you could just tell he was useless but there was a lot of "he unorthadox, he's got a strange playing style" etc etc. He just didn't look like a footballer.

The semi final is unforgivable.

Loan to Rangers[edit]​

In July 2018, Sadiq joined Scottish Premiership side Rangers on a season-long loan.[16] After just four first-team appearances in all competitions, his loan spell was terminated by the end of the year.

To be fair, Bayern have Chupo-Moting starting up front for them tonight who was absolute dug shite for Stoke.
Is that the guy who scored against PSG in a CL quarter final? I didn't even know he played for Stoke. To be fair, Gnabry had a torrid time at West Brom too. Perhaps these failures made them realise what they had to do in order to succeed. Same may apply to Sadiq.

Is that the guy who scored against PSG in a CL quarter final? I didn't even know he played for Stoke. To be fair, Gnabry had a torrid time at West Brom too. Perhaps these failures made them realise what they had to do in order to succeed. Same may apply to Sadiq.
He scored for PSG to put out Atalanta in the CL quarter final last season too.

Correct.

You can, however, write someone off for not taking training seriously and swanning about the place like he couldn’t give a %^*&.

There’s a reason these people feature very little.
Indeed it’s because they are are fucking diddy , he was and always will be a park head smiddy.
never in month of Sundays will he feature anywhere as an elite footballer.
He‘s a fucking diddy and even he knows it.

That fucking dive against Aberdeen was absolutely disgraceful all he had to do was fucking tap the ball past there keeper to score.

Should have been punted immediately after that display.
I forgot about that, bizarre that he did that now I remember

This gets on my goat when it gets brought up.
FFS the guy didn't even appear to understand the offside rule. :D

Why would anyone pay €60 million for a striker with 15 goals in the Spanish 2nd division? That's the biggest load of pish I've ever heard.

Personally thought he looked like he had the raw attributes to be a good player, was fucking rapid and looked powerful upon first viewing in that friendly. Obviously never worked out. Sometimes it’s like that.

Will always be borderline hated due to that utterly ridiculous Cup appearance. He was a disgrace, but not too surprised he’s making a career for himself either. Was nowhere near the worst player on the pitch that day also, but took 99% of the abuse for obvious reasons.

Back