Eddie Howe

%^*& sake. Take back what I said in the bevy thread if I had a can every time Howe was mentioned I’d be steaming by 12

People say that, but first impressions matter and ultimately if he failed to improve them (difficult I know) then many would have him written off already.

I’ve never been overly keen with managers taking over at this point, by all means go to training and watch the games but actually taking charge is a huge risk IMO.

I felt it was incredibly daft Pedro done it, you are associating yourself with a disaster of a season.

Refusing to come in now shows a lack of baws which is a massive part in managing us or them.

Pedro couldn't cut it because he was a shite manager but think back to McLeish who took over when the league was effectively over. He made an instant impact and won us both cups.

Not saying Howe is a good manager or not but I have noticed that like long term injured players, the longer a manager is out of work, the more his reputation recovers.

Refusing to come in now shows a lack of baws which is a massive part in managing us or them.

Pedro couldn't cut it because he was a shite manager but think back to McLeish who took over when the league was effectively over. He made an instant impact and won us both cups.
McLeish came in during the December, entirely different set of circumstances and we had the better squad than them.

Currently they are miles behind us, it would be incredibly stupid for anyone to take the job just now.

There is already a Howe thread to post in.

He will be a big upgrade on Lennon thats for sure but the way the have built him up is quite incredible.

There’s more threads about Howe on here than there is on Kerrydale street FFS.

one would be more than enough

This guy is the former manager of Bournemouth... effin Bournemouth!!! And his last act as a manager was to relegate them.

Why are there so many threads on this guy? Le Guen was a Champs League quarter finalist 2 years on the spin and had won 3 French titles... ill say it again, Eddie Howe is the effin former manager of of a no mark team like Bournemouth.

McLeish came in during the December, entirely different set of circumstances and we had the better squad than them.

Currently they are miles behind us, it would be incredibly stupid for anyone to take the job just now.

Don't see what difference the month makes. McLeish came in when the league was gone with the cup competitions to play for - isn't that the situation they're in now?

And we were miles behind them. Even with our 'better' squad and McLeish in charge we still finished 18 points behind.

Don't see what difference the month makes. McLeish came in when the league was gone with the cup competitions to play for - isn't that the situation they're in now?

And we were miles behind them. Even with our 'better' squad and McLeish in charge we still finished 18 points behind.
Well coming in when Eck did gave him 6 months and 3 competitions to show what he could do, again with a squad that had better players.

Howe comes in just now he has what, 7 games?.

Including two against us, he loses those two (which is likely) then the pressure is on and he will already be written off by sections of their support prior to a huge rebuild.

Agree to disagree then, I just think it’s very daft any manager taking charge at this point of the season and associating themselves with total failure.

Seen a few mentally challengeds saying Nolan Partners have their grubby hands all over their new DoF frontrunner. Who are this mob and why are they so involved over there?

This is true. If he has any confidence in himself he would want to start immediately and try win Scottish Cup. However he better be certain that that confidence is not misplaced because come in now, go out cup to us at Ibrox and suffer a heavy defeat in league game and he is up against it already only a few weeks in to the job.

If he doesn't take over now, then that in doesn't reflect very well in terms of his own self confidence.

Let’s just assume he’s going to bring a new invigorated celtic to challenge us.

We need to do some good recruiting in the summer ourselves and not rest on our laurels.

Howe has had plenty of EPL and lower league experiences as a manager, to write him off because he’s a softly spoken bloke from the South Coast is ignorant.

Do you think a Steven Gerrard Rangers are going to rest on their laurels?

People say that, but first impressions matter and ultimately if he failed to improve them (difficult I know) then many would have him written off already.

I’ve never been overly keen with managers taking over at this point, by all means go to training and watch the games but actually taking charge is a huge risk IMO.

I felt it was incredibly daft Pedro done it, you are associating yourself with a disaster of a season.
But if Pedro didn't come in early then progres would have beaten us more convincingly :D he worked miracles to only lose out by a goal because he got in the door early.

The Fraud Caixinha joined in the later stages of the season only for a great many supporters wanting him out before the next season even started. Its never a good long term plan for to lose to your greatest rivals twice before your feet are barely under your desk.

Reactions: VGM
Let’s just assume he’s going to bring a new invigorated celtic to challenge us.

We need to do some good recruiting in the summer ourselves and not rest on our laurels.

Howe has had plenty of EPL and lower league experiences as a manager, to write him off because he’s a softly spoken bloke from the South Coast is ignorant.
Let's hope that whoever they bring in is as successful as Pedro, so much so that they suffer for seasons to come. Whoever they bring in is not going to have an influence on our plans for the coming season

Would be hilarious if they didn't land Howe after all the speculation.
It is quite weird for the talks to be public for this long without an appointment.

Would say there's very little chance of it happening if it's not announced by the end of the weekend.

The Daily Record is literally running out of nonentities to tell them Howe good Eddie is.
We should start a game of Where’s Eddie?
Someone with some photoshop skills can rig the smarmy lady's front bottom up in a hooped hat!

Back