Eddie Howe

A very funny episode, reading between the lines though, I’m fairly certain he will be their next manager, he doesn’t want to take over now, the mhanks don’t want Kennedy etc upset in their quest for the cup, they will appoint him in the summer.

I caught a glimpse of some tadger from the Fratellis saying Howe has been looking at houses and Steven Gerrard and TLB stay across from each other one street down from where Howe has been looking. Well his info is quite a bit out of date as the gaffer hasn’t stayed in the same street as Lennon for close to 18 months now

Jon Fratelli said on the radio that Howe was house hunting in Glasgow and this regular ITK also listens to the radio B-D

Sounds like 1 of 2 things.

1). The filth have jumped the gun by leaking the "agreed in principle" stuff and Howe is really just keeping his options open

2). Talks have broken down over something and he's not happy with it.

The media up here will know he is not close to joining them. They just want celtic stories to dominate the media. The same thing will happen with other managers, its what they do.

Seems to me they've leaked things at the wrong stage of the negotiations and now Eddie is getting cold feet or is keeping his options open. Or he's using this as leverage to gain more control. Either way, his representatives are sending out a clear message to the mentally challenged hierarchy here.

Crystal Palace Job is up for grabs this summer with Woy rumoured to be retiring.

Seems to me they've leaked things at the wrong stage of the negotiations and now Eddie is getting cold feet or is keeping his options open. Or he's using this as leverage to gain more control. Either way, his representatives are sending out a clear message to the mentally challenged hierarchy here.

Crystal Palace Job is up for grabs this summer with Woy rumoured to be retiring.

So too could a few others. Newcastle, Wolves, Southampton. Rumours that the likes of Santos and Hussenhütl may move on.

The Crystal Palace rumours have been gaining ground this past week. If he has said he isnt going to comitt his future until the summer then I doubt very much he will be going to Parkhead.

That statement doesn't exactly sound like something you would put out if you were genuinely keen on a job and in advanced negotiations on terms.
Sounds more like a put down and a clear message to other clubs around his continuing availability.
The comments about not looking to move back into management until 'summer at the earliest' doesn't sound very encouraging for them either.

The Crystal Palace rumours have been gaining ground this past week. If he has said he isnt going to comitt his future until the summer then I doubt very much he will be going to Parkhead.

I didn't expect him to move there until the summer anyway. Similar to the Gerrard situation we had with him not arriving until June. They could still pull it off but it's very weird that he's come out and shut it down in this manner. Clearly negotiations weren't as far a long as portrayed by the media lackeys up here. He's clearly got interest from elsewhere as well.

I didn't expect him to move there until the summer anyway. Similar to the Gerrard situation we had with him not arriving until June. They could still pull it off but it's very weird that he's come out and shut it down in this manner. Clearly negotiations weren't as far a long as portrayed by the media lackeys up here. He's clearly got interest from elsewhere as well.
Gerrard didn't take over till june but he was announced early may. If howe was a goer I don't see why he wouldnr be announced now with the caveat he's starting in june

He wants Hughes as DoF.

They've already agreed with Fergal O'Whatever from Man City.

This is to put pressure on.

That's my guess.

Sounds like 1 of 2 things.

1). The filth have jumped the gun by leaking the "agreed in principle" stuff and Howe is really just keeping his options open

2). Talks have broken down over something and he's not happy with it.

Perhaps we wants his own director of football and celtic are insisting on this Harkins character.

That statement doesn't exactly sound like something you would put out if you were genuinely keen on a job and in advanced negotiations on terms.
Sounds more like a put down and a clear message to other clubs around his continuing availability.
The comments about not looking to move back into management until 'summer at the earliest' doesn't sound very encouraging for them either.
Unless it is to try and force their hand on some demands

I don’t get why anyone with a single ounce of decency would want anything to do with that vile club!

I think we all agree there.

Must be particular tough for Englishmen. Imagine being on the sideline, trying to shout instructions to your team, but your being drowned out by your own supporters signing songs about killing and bombing your own country.

I'll never understand it.

Unless of course you're a complete f*ckhead like Chris Sutton

I think we all agree there.

Must be particular tough for Englishmen. Imagine being on the sideline, trying to shout instructions to your team, but your being drowned out by your own supporters signing songs about killing and bombing your own country.

I'll never understand it.

Unless of course you're a complete f*ckhead like Chris Sutton

Same goes for Berkovich and Biton.

Have they jumped the gun by putting it out that Howe had met with Fritzel?

Howe probably wants to see what his options are

A bit of a strange appointment really, Bournemouth to Celtic to where?
Rodgers was going from Liverpool to Celtic to a good team in Leicester as he had been with Liverpool.
I think Howe would be better going to someone like Newcastle or Sheffield United and miss out Celtic. For Celtic? A decent appointment I suppose, probably couldn't get a big name at this time.

Yes possibly.
Though by releasing a statement in these terms, if it is a negotiating ploy, he could be overplaying his hand by giving them such a public slap down.

Was thinking that as well. His reps could have just said 'We held positive talks with Celtic but nothing to announce at the moment' or something along those lines if he was looking to negotiate his own backroom team.

To come out and say he isn't close to joining anyone and won't be until the summer doesn't seem like a guy desperate to join them.

In other words he wants a job in England so waiting until the summer to see who gets punted from the EPL so he can take that job.

Just went onto Skybet to see if the odds had changed any. Next Celtic manager isn’t available now

From the Record:

Celtic are being made to sweat over Eddie Howe after the in-demand manager’s camp insisted a deal to take him to Parkhead was still way off.

The Hoops had hoped to have the former Bournemouth boss on board this week with a view to taking charge of the side for next season.

But Howe’s representatives are playing hardball and insisting nothing has been agreed as yet and talk of a move already being in place has been branded extremely premature.

Celtic are hoping to persuade the 43-year-old to Parkhead but they face a fight for his services – with Crystal Palace still a possible option and Newcastle United also strongly linked.

A representative for Howe told Sky Sports: “There has been significant interest in Eddie from a number of clubs. However, talks of any deal being close are extremely premature. His plan remains to not return to management until the summer at the earliest.”

Record Sport understands the negotiations have hit several stumbling blocks over Howe’s hopes to have his own backroom team alongside him, as well as Bournemouth’s Richard Hughes brought in as director of football.

Celtic are currently going through a revamp behind the scenes with Dominic McKaybringing forward his arrival as chief executive three months with the former rugby boss now due to check in next week.

The Hoops had hoped speeding up the restructuring could push along the bid to land their no.1 managerial target.

Can you imagine how many season tickets they’ll shift if big nose gets the job?

:D

Big nose is getting it!

02e99a438e037672b7f0d8339c41ee8b.jpg

He might still end up at Celtic, I’m genuinely not bothered either way but surely if a guy is out a job, wants to be back in the game and genuinely wants to go to Celtic he’d be announced by now, even if he was taking over in the summer? The chat over the DOF issue must be genuine. I can understand why Celtic wouldn’t want Richard Hughes to be honest. The guy from City would seem a better appointment.

Would've been great to see Howe arriving at Sharkhead with his Churchill bust, and Union flag tablecloth, and watching some random alcoholic tramp picking up a Heras fence and launching it at him. Silly boy Eddie, if you're even thinking of leading a vile club like them.

Back