Why can’t fans be allowed into our Flag Day as well as the Scottish Cup Final?

The Goal Machine

Surely the more you trial limited fans in stadiums , Ibrox on May 15, Hampden on May 22 the better you will be prepared for the match v England on June 18.

Better still if the infection rates keep dropping why can’t all Scottish Football admit limited fans in May?

I hope at least Rangers are asking the question.

Surely the more you trial limited fans in stadiums , Ibrox on May 15, Hampden on May 22 the better you will be prepared for the match v England on June 18.

Better still if the infection rates keep dropping why can’t all Scottish Football admit limited fans in May?

Afaik, the changed restrictions will apply to all stadia

The semi's and the final of the Scottish Cup will probably be used as a 'trial' event for the Euros. A certain amount of fans will probably be allowed to the games.

And how do you decide who gets in?
It'll not be a full stadium, the in fighting it would cause would be off the scale compared to anything we've seen before.

Would be better imo to work towards getting full stadium back as soon as possible for a proper celebration of this year's achievements.
My guess would be that they would send communication out to all season ticket holders asking if they would be wanting to go and then do some sort of random draw to decide who gets a ticket. Obviously would be a lot more complicated than that and you aren't going to be able to keep everyone happy.

And how do you decide who gets in?
It'll not be a full stadium, the in fighting it would cause would be off the scale compared to anything we've seen before.

Would be better imo to work towards getting full stadium back as soon as possible for a proper celebration of this year's achievements.
By ballot, you get chosen one week, you are removed from the next one and so on

By ballot, you get chosen one week, you are removed from the next one and so on

I think that's fine for general league games but for such a big day as trophy presentation (especially the guest in 10 years) or Scottish Cup final I wouldn't agree with it being fair.

I think that's fine for general league games but for such a big day as trophy presentation (especially the guest in 10 years) or Scottish Cup final I wouldn't agree with it being fair.
I’d say it’s the fairest way. Only other option would be to start with top tier myGers members but that would result in chaos.

Anyone they want, but if you vote SNP you have to know you are supporting people who hate our club and who have been shown time and time again to have sympathy for terrorists.

So I'm not sure why you are expecting people to tell you one party when there are other choices, maybe you are hoping someone will say a particular party so you can go on a wee rant about how bad they are?

There’s no fair way to do it, it doesn’t matter how you work it a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

that’s life I’m afraid.

if there’s a chance 10000 fans who fronted up season ticket money for an online link (that you can buy game by game for about £20 a match cheaper) can get into the ground then the club are duty bound to try. Which I’m sure they will.

as someone said, email the season ticket holders, click this link to be included in the ballot for the match and whoever is in its luck of the draw.

Because that would require our power mad government to relinquish powers they never thought possible.

Anyone they want, but if you vote SNP you have to know you are supporting people who hate our club and who have been shown time and time again to have sympathy for terrorists.

So I'm not sure why you are expecting people to tell you one party when there are other choices, maybe you are hoping someone will say a particular party so you can go on a wee rant about how bad they are?
So we can rule out voting for the Tories then since they have an actual IRA terrorist in their ranks?

Praying the snp get voted out. Absolute cesspit of a country under Sturgeon who’s only interested in the end goal of independence

So we can rule out voting for the Tories then since they have an actual IRA terrorist in their ranks?

You're barking up the wrong tree with this to me, I am no fan of them either.

They don't openly show their distain for Rangers on national TV, want to break up the union or waste time denying fan zones though, so there is that.

Conservative
Labour
Lib Dem’s
A4U
Monster raving looney party

basically anyone except SNP green or Alba
Conservatives have a former IRA gunrunner as an active councillor.
A4U is led by a crackpot who thinks Northern Ireland doesn't exist.
MRL don't field a candidate in my constituency.
Labour (until recently) was Eric Joyce in my seat. Should I have vote for a nonce over the SNP just so he beats the SNP?

You're barking up the wrong tree with this to me, I am no fan of them either.

They don't openly show their distain for Rangers on national TV, want to break up the union or waste time denying fan zones though, so there is that.
Not sure about them not breaking up the union tbh.

It's likely any trial events will involve smaller teams. If we're allowed 10k into Ibrox for flag day how many do you think would be outside? They won't take the risk of it going wrong as it would jeopardise the euros.

Because the Scottish government would prefer football and football fans didn't exist. I think they would be considering your proposals if it were rugby.

Because the lockdown is nothing more than a political exercise now.

See in all honesty, I think it should either be all in or not at all if it’s trophy day. I’d be absolutely fizzing if I couldn’t use a season ticket I’d paid a fortune for on trophy day while others got in

I’d say it’s the fairest way. Only other option would be to start with top tier myGers members but that would result in chaos.

For semis/finals, I’m sure the chat was it would be top down based on points

For league games the only fair way to do it would be a ballot

Conservatives have a former IRA gunrunner as an active councillor.
A4U is led by a crackpot who thinks Northern Ireland doesn't exist.
MRL don't field a candidate in my constituency.
Labour (until recently) was Eric Joyce in my seat. Should I have vote for a nonce over the SNP just so he beats the SNP?
Lib Dem’s then?
What you are highlighting though is the standard of people in politics, especially in Scotland has fallen to the absolute depths of the gutter in modern times. A sad state of affairs when you think of the excellent politicians of times gone by.

Back