Alfredo opens up on racist abuse

ItsInTheNet

Alfredo Morelos has spoken out on the “ugly” racist abuse he’s received as he offered support to Davinson Sanchez.

The Rangers forward had the Tottenham defender’s back after he was racially abused on social media.

It comes after Glen Kamara opened up on the abuse he was subjected to by Slavia Prague’s Ondrej Kudela as UEFA banned the Czech for one match pretending further investigation into him and the Finnish midfielder.

Morelos was targeted online last month and had to endure an Aberdeen banner two years ago that had ‘your mother is a mattress’ printed on it in Spanish.

Despite that, El Bufalo insists he’s as happy as he’s ever been in Scotland but admits he’d weigh up any offers that could come in.

Speaking to Colobian TV channel Win Sports, he said: "They involved my mother, they made me banners in the stands, they did everything to me.

"Racism is something very ugly. I sent a message to Davinson."

"I feel very happy here. We have a target now - the Scottish Cup - and the team have done very well in both the league and in Europe.

"Now I want to keep scoring goals and getting assists.

"Steven Gerrard is a legend and a great person. I have had difficulties with him, but we have fixed it. He showed confidence in me and I have responded. We have a nice relationship.

"I feel happy in Scotland and I love representing my country too.

Speaking to Colobian TV channel Win Sports, he said: "They involved my mother, they made me banners in the stands, they did everything to me.

"Racism is something very ugly. I sent a message to Davinson."

"I feel very happy here. We have a target now - the Scottish Cup - and the team have done very well in both the league and in Europe.

"Now I want to keep scoring goals and getting assists.

"Steven Gerrard is a legend and a great person. I have had difficulties with him, but we have fixed it. He showed confidence in me and I have responded. We have a nice relationship.

"I feel happy in Scotland and I love representing my country too.

"When we won the league everything was crazy. People lived it to the fullest because it had been ten years without winning the League.

"It was something very nice because people came out and enjoyed it. I am very proud to get the title.

"I am happy at Rangers and I want to win the Cup with them. If opportunities come up for me, we will analyse them."

The banner he is talking about was roundly treated as a great bit of crack by most in Scotland. He has been treated awfully in this country, lets be honest.

Glad to hear he is still happy here though and has a good relationship with the manager.

The banner he is talking about was roundly treated as a great bit of crack by most in Scotland. He has been treated awfully in this country, lets be honest.

Glad to hear he is still happy here though and has a good relationship with the manager.
Disgusting looking back at that, what happened was nothing short of a national disgrace for a young professional in a foreign land to suffer. Sadly none of it was a surprise regards who done it, who was targeted and how the media reported it. Didn't surprise me then and wouldn't surprise me that the same will happen again in the near future with the same results. Sickening

When we won the league everything was crazy. People lived it to the fullest because it had been ten years without winning the League.

"It was something very nice because people came out and enjoyed it. I am very proud to get the title.

Expect Football Focus hand-wringer Dan Walker to strongly object to this

Had that banner been directed to the likes of Ntcham or Edouard, the outrage would have been at a far higher level.

“It comes after Glen Kamara opened up on the abuse he was subjected to by Slavia Prague’s Ondrej Kudela as UEFA banned the Czech for one match pretending further investigation into him and the Finnish midfielder.”

Freudian slip which sums UEFA up.

There is nothing stopping Police Scotland perusing it but your right where was the mass hysteria like when Lennon gets subject to anything.

The Keith Jackson article was up there with the worst of all. He is as bad as the racists from Prague.
As was the Mexican xenophobia and Anglophobe resentment with Warburton and also I remember Delia taking plenty of snide kicks all because he wasn't a 19th Century Terrorist bastard. Our media have a cheek calling out Slavia and their fans, complicit Rangers hating scribes

Dolly fans have - if truth be told - always been a sad, cowardly, pathetic & particularly spiteful shower of tossers

From their songs mocking the Ibrox disaster - to Simpson's tackle T Shirts & the disgraceful Alfie's mother banner - they're fond of showing just how classless they truly are

But of course they can rely on timmy for providing precedent in getting away with almost anything in 'ra meejha'

When Alfie was racially abused at Parkhead, Celtic's reaction was to deny it and issue a statement attacking him.

"We are aware of the gestures made by the player towards Celtic supporters. We have received no reports of any racial abuse" despite it being widely reported at the time.

Changed that a wee bit mate.

The banner he is talking about was roundly treated as a great bit of crack by most in Scotland. He has been treated UNLAWFULLY. The banner he is talking about was roundly treated as a great bit of crack by most in Scotland. He has been treated awfully in this country, lets be honest.

Glad to hear he is still happy here though and has a good relationship with the manager

When Alfie was racially abused at Parkhead, Celtic's reaction was to deny it and issue a statement attacking him.

"We are aware of the gestures made by the player towards Celtic supporters. We have received no reports of any racial abuse" despite it being widely reported at the time.
I'm fairly sure there was clips on YouTube where you could clearly hear racist abuse from the crowd

Dolly fans have - if truth be told - always been a sad, cowardly, pathetic & particularly spiteful shower of tossers

From their songs mocking the Ibrox disaster - to Simpson's tackle T Shirts & the disgraceful Alfie's mother banner - they're fond of showing just how classless they truly are

But of course they can rely on timmy for providing precedent in getting away with almost anything in 'ra meejha'
What do you expect from their fans when that arsehole McInnes blamed Scott Wright for the death threats he received?

It's not just their support, it's the whole horrible club.

The gutter press in this country thought it was amusing. Pretty much the same response when the mentally challengeds threw bananas at parkpaed. Jolly craicsters, nothing to see here.

The Keith Jackson article was up there with the worst of all. He is as bad as the racists from Prague.
It was so bad even the mild mannered non confrontational Scottish branch of show racism the red card censured him. If they had any teeth at all they would have censured Mutton, Alan Rough, Peter Martin, and the trolls working for Sky too.
But credit where it's due, SRTRC also censured ill Phil MacGola bam.

Good point as usual a tactical aspect that amazingly clears Ira fans

One of the reasons i defend the wee man so strongly, is because he has been forced to endure a campaign of hatred on and off the pitch, the likes of which i have never seen. Its been an absolute disgrace and shown this country up for the bigotted wee sh*thole it really is.
Correct HR . 10000%

Treated awfully from the terraces and also from the pages of the rags.

Again ,and I sound like a broken record for repeating it, he would never have got away with that article outside the rhepublic of Scotland.

Back