Daily Record - Potential 60 million war chest for Sellick

Thatll set them Solanke and Ibe going by Howe's transfer record.
Also, is Christie not in the last year of his deal or something

Even Celtic fanzines aren't coming up with those numbers. £25 million for Edouard, £20 million for Ayer. There isn't anyone paying those fees for guys with 12 months left on their deal.

Even if (never happening) Celtic managed to get those fees, there is no way they are spending it all on players.

Is that genuinely the Rhetard printing that? Ajer a book value of £100k? The oldest French u21 in history £2.2 million? Even Christie at £70k is a joke valuation tbf!
Ffs, they're really going into overdrive with trying to get the slightest hint of a gleam out of that turd from the east end! :rolleyes: :oops:

F*cks sake, since when did we look at the 'amortisation value' when considering profits from player sales. I know what it is and understand the concept but I've never heard two fans say 'aye, he cost us £xm but when you amortise that its only £ym'. Dear oh dear.
Where have you been? Thats obviously a regular topic among the legal and financial experts in the east end of Glasgow.

60m haha. Who's paying the money they want for oddone when he can walk on a free after Christmas?
Last week it was leceister, this week it's ac Milan. They really are trying desperately to punt that's for sure. The media puppets have gone into overdrive with the turd polishing and made up stories.

The writer is tanning some deludamol.

All 4 in the final year of their contract, you're not getting a maximum fee with that as a factor.

Ntcham has made 5 sub appearances for Marseille. Appearing for under 200 minutes. Nobody is paying millions for him.

Pure profit? Do they not need to sell players to cover their astronomical (for a Scottish club that is ... ok Irish club) running costs?

This sounds to me like I buy a car for £10k. I've factored in the costs over say, 5 years. At the end of that, I sell it for say, £4k. That's not pure profit ffs. But I could be wrong, as after all I did attend a non-denominational school so missed out on the MSc level business, accountancy and law programme they run for 11-16 year olds at denominational schools here.

F*cks sake, since when did we look at the 'amortisation value' when considering profits from player sales. I know what it is and understand the concept but I've never heard two fans say 'aye, he cost us £xm but when you amortise that its only £ym'. Dear oh dear.
Works out great for almost every player
Lets consider Alfie and Kamara!

Yeah 20m for a player with 1 year left on his deal...

Pure desperation from the Daily Rhebel
From a team that finished a distant second in a second rate league and didn’t even play in the CL group stages this season then got humbled in the EL group stages. Ludicrous that they’d even get that for Edouard with only a year left on his deal, never mind Ajer.

Players desperate to get out by any means necessary, one year left on their contract, clearly not renewing and been utter dirge this season but they're saying clubs whose finances have been battered by CoVid are going to be shelling out £26m a pop?

Their cheerleaders brains have been utterly broken this season. Utter moon-howling nonsense.

Puffier than a piece ‘n puff pastry!

Aside from the ‘amortisation’ comedy, the writer uses the unusually odd ‘Transfermarkt’ website value of £8.1m for Christie, but ignores the fact that the very same site values Ajer at £3.6m, but the writer has him going for £20m

Utter delusional and desperation.

This article is a joke.

Smartarsed journalist who knows nothing about accounts writing a load of nonsense. I think he has overinflated the value of many of their players by a factor of 2 - they won't get anywhere near the values mentioned for players in the last year of their contracts.

No wonder people don't buy papers anymore. Plenty of fans media available nowadays.

In what way does contract expiring help a new incoming manager? It may free up some wages but you lose a player needing replaced and in this case its a number of last season's XI so youd imagine theyll want to bring in someone reasonably decent.

Id also suggest a new manager, worth his salt, will have zero interest in loans for a season or cheap signings.

In reality they have to spend a tonne just to fill squad space from this season, never mind actually bringing in newer, better players to improve things overall.

Back