Team against the scum

It’ll be the same as today. Ideally I’d have Jack for Aribo but Arfield hasn’t returned to any kind of form since returning. Aribo has had 2 bad OF games not 5/6 as was mentioned previously in the thread. Hopefully next week is where he puts his mark on the fixture

Agreed, some folk on here tend to re-write history off the back of a poor performance.

McGregor
Patterson Goldson Helander Barisic
Arfield Davis Kamara
Wright Morelos Kent
I don't really want to play Arfield as he has been off it but Aribo doesn't work in there. It's a position we really need to sort in the summer.

We could go a 4-2-3-1 and play Aribo or Hagi but I don't think we will.

I think Gerrard will start the same team as today. I don't think Roofe should be starting though, he has been poor most of the season.

Roofe Morelos Kent is our strongest front 3, so I'm expecting that's what we'll go with. Midfield will be Davis Kamara and either Aribo or Arfield.
It’s not our strongest 3 on current form. He might well go with Roofe but I just don’t think Roofe looks sharp enough for the old firm, his touch was slightly better today but there were a few times moves broke down with him. Aribo right of the 3 for me.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Kamara
Aribo

Wright
Morelos
Kent

Was hoping to see wright today but hopefully starts next week.

Get the job done rangers!

Aribo has always struggled when he plays deeper as a more traditional midfielder. Prefer him as a second striker or out wide.

I'd go for that team expect Arfield in for Joe.

I don't think i have ever felt so confident playing them. They are absolutely terrible, and 3rd gear will be enough to beat them.

Slavia are a lot better than Celtic though. We really looked no better in there when Arfield went off and Aribo dropped. Our whole team bar Kent looked poor on the night.

Stanciu and Provod would have most likely dominated no matter how we set-up. They'd absolutely bully the mentally challengeds in there.
I used the Slavia game as an example but Arfield has looked way off the pace since he got back from injury which is my concern. That energy, drive hasn’t been there. He is a yard slow to every ball hence why I’d not play him.

Aribo was very good today so gets the nod for me.

The Wright stuff reminds me of everyone wanting Itten to start v them on 2 Jan off the back of the Motherwell home game where he turned it. He isn’t starting this game, could be a very good option off the bench.

I don’t think Roofe looks up to speed yet.

I would replace him with Aribo in the front three and bring Arfield into the midfield.

Aribo needs to turn up though, as he hasn’t delivered much yet against them.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Kamara
Aribo

Wright
Morelos
Kent

Was hoping to see wright today but hopefully starts next week.

Get the job done rangers!
Whilst I don’t mind your team I think Wright is clearly behind Roofe, Hagi and Aribo right now for that spot beside Alfie and Kent.

Depending on who plays in the front 3 and acknowledging injuries etc, the 3rd midfielder beside Davis and Kamara is probably between Aribo and Arfield.

And otherwise you have it nailed I think.

Last edited:
Whilst I don’t mind your team I think Weight is clearly behind Roofe, Hagi and Aribo right no for that spot beside Alfie and Kent.

Depending on who plays in the front 3 and acknowledging injuries etc, the 3rd midfielder beside Davis and Kamara is probably between Aribo and Arfield.

And otherwise you have it nailed I think.

Yeah I think the team pretty much picks itself. We tend to over think and over analyse the team selection in the build up to an Old Firm. The only decision to be made is whether Arfield starts.

I would play Arfield but I actually lean towards Gerrard going with the same team that started today. The team picked today would have been with next week in mind imo.

Arfield back into midfield but will need to up his game. Kent, Morelos up top with either Aribo, Roofe or Wright with them. Our midfield need to be right on it and stop those manky tramps having too much possession. We’ve got enough firepower to see them off.

Aribo has been poor the last few old firm matches but I just can't see him getting dropped, I reckon same team as today except Tav if he's fit enough.

The Wright stuff reminds me of everyone wanting Itten to start v them on 2 Jan off the back of the Motherwell home game where he turned it. He isn’t starting this game, could be a very good option off the bench.
I agree. He will not start.

But I do think that would be the most effective curve ball to play if the manager wanted to go down that route.

Pace and incision of Kent and Wright off Morelos would cause their defence nightmares.* Roofe at his best is definitely in our strongest front 3, I’m just not convinced he is there at this moment in time.

* I also think those 2 could use their pace and back tracking to great effect to cover the fullbacks and make as more solid out of possession.

Last two old firm games have shown Aribo can't play in midfield against them.

Absolutely has to be Arfield, Davis, Kamara!

Aribo and Roofe battling for the only place in the team that's up for grabs.

Law of averages....
Play like we did in the last 2 games and we could lose.
Need to play at highest tempo and kill the space in the middle...
Put their backs under pressure.....they will.fold.
Wish we had Jack for this game...

Really don’t like Aribo in these game, especially in midfield.

As good a player as he is, he seems unable to reach the required intensity and don’t think he’s the type that likes a battle.
Aribo was really good in midfield today, he was heavily involved in everything good that we did.

He's not overly physical but shouldn't have to be, the issue with our midfield is that none of them seem to track back properly once the line is beaten.

I would like Wright to start and I have a sneaky feeling the fact he didn't come on today he may be keeping him fresh to unleash him on the scum.

It's unlikely but I hope he does.

Back