Jack Ross on Hibs disallowed goal and penalty claim

I thought the yellow card was a dive and the right decision, he throws himself into Goldson. I also thought he dived again when Borna got booked.

Porteous also clearly dived and went down holding his face for nothing in the second half.

Didn't think the replay of disallowed goal was very clear on RTV - there were players between the camera and foul so wasn't easy to spot. Also didn’t see it in real time as they were still showing replay of shot to win corner.

I'm not surprised he thought the goal should have stood. It's similar to the goal that was allowed to stand against us at Easter Road in the first meeting of the season between the sides.

Every game he has a complaint, I'll give him full marks for consistency.
He's as consistent as all the other managers who come up with nothing but complaints about decisions after getting beat by Rangers. In truth they didn't do enough to deserve anything, again.

Did he comment on Gogic staying on despite:

Off the ball kick on Morelos
Pull back to stop a breakaway
Clotheslining Hagi in the throat?

I never saw the disallowed Hibs goal from the referee's angle.
So don't really know for sure.
I wanted to see our disallowed goal from a better camera position because it was a very tight decision.
The penalty incident was no penalty no card for me.

Here’s the thing - in another thread I distinctly used the word ’T-a-r-r-i-e-r’ to describe the green and grey, and when I hit ’post reply’ the term ’mentally challenged’ was changed to ’mentally challenged’. Is someone screwing around with an algorithm? :))
Must be, same happened to me. Or is it the vocabulary police?

Next he’ll be saying Goldson should have been booked for sticking his foot out and forcing Porteus to stamp on it.

A dive and a foul, the ref blew the whistle well before the ball was put in the net.
That lot have no right to complain about a referee that should have booked at least another three of their players.

Amazed by those on here saying their goal should have stood!!
Helander was knocked off the ball and on the ground before Porteus connected hence the ref had blown his whistle.

I only saw one, poor, replay of their ‘goal‘ and I’d have to say I still haven’t spotted any foul. No doubt see a few more replays later.

I also thought Boyle’s booking harsh. Not a penalty but not a dive either IMHO. On the subject of bookings the ones for Borna and Helander I thought were harsh. I also felt a few more Hibs players could and should have been booked.

EDIT: Seen replay now. Push on Helander. Foul. Wasn’t a lot in it though.

Gogic had 6/7 fouls before being subbed so he wasn't booked.

Not 100% sure there was a foul at their disallowed goal to be honest. The way Helander fell suggested there was a push of some sort but I didn't think it was obvious from the footage.

Nothing wrong with his comments on the yellow card either. Wasn't a penalty or a dive, thought Thomson covered it well in commentary.

Not 100% sure there was a foul at their disallowed goal to be honest. The way Helander fell suggested there was a push of some sort but I didn't think it was obvious from the footage.

Nothing wrong with his comments on the yellow card either. Wasn't a penalty or a dive, thought Thomson covered it well in commentary.
Helander was pushed , Boyle dived and there you have the difference.

what's this disallowed goal rubbish, the ref blew then the ball was headed into the net, so the disallowed goal narrative is bollocks

2 errors by the ref here.
The Hibee should not have been booked for diving though it was not a penalty.
The disallowed Hibs goal should have stood, a slight contact on Hellander but not a foul.
Rangers 2 Hibs 1.
We go onto the Celtic match and we must up our performance overall.
I think we deserved our narrow victory today.

I didn’t even know Hibs had a goal disallowed. Must have been during my RTV kicking off for 10 minutes.

correct decision though...

It was a foul but on the dive point I only care about Rangers and nobody backed us when it came to Alfredo, so %^*& them

He falls and tries to create contact. Clear yellow.

Regardless of his show for the cameras at half time going to the ref, Boyle cheated and was rightly booked.

Be interesting to get a better look at his fall late in the game as well. 2nd yellow ?

Jack Ross is a wanker
nyq8xhX.gif

Back