Ashley to close NUFC retail store. Castore entering fold

Something fishy about this imo, really doesn’t seem right.
don’t believe Ashley will sell the club been a for sale sign on the door since he took over.
I get really nervous that our Kit deal holder is anywhere near doing business with this POS Cretin, get a real bad feeling its a back door for the fat slug to do more damage.

Informing them club’s proposed new owners do not wish to keep them.

Are people not reading this line?
Maybe, just maybe... the new owners realise that people will always treat SD uneasily (like us) and want to maximise profits from kit sales and we know the geordies love to deck themselves out in black and white. So a clean break to Castore (with them footing the bills like with us) makes sense.

My main worry isn’t any links between SD and Castore that people are almost desperate to find, it’s that Castore struggled monumentally this season with just us, how will they cope with several clubs?

Reactions: TQ3
I get really nervous that our Kit deal holder is anywhere near doing business with this POS Cretin, get a real bad feeling its a back door for the fat slug to do more damage.
I get the feeling it might be part of getting him away from rangers a wee sweetener take over the shop and give him a percentage of sales. That’s probably why he’s struggling to sell them because he’s probably want to keep the retail side in his own hands and giving the club a percentage of sales.

Reactions: TQ3
We had a contract with Elite.
Fatso stepped in and they have refused to pay us what they owe.
He is so much of a heavyweight in sports retail that any small company would be delighted to have him take them over abd do their distribution.
Even if it’s a breach of contract with Rangers, they will be so much money in it for the two Scouse brothers they probably won’t care
Castore promised us they would have nothing to do with SD.
Next thing our shirts are on sale in fatsos shops.
Now this.
Remember we’re talking about two Scouse salesmen and the Fat c@nt.
Not good reading in my eyes.

You’re reading too much into it (understandable given the last decade)
Castore never promised they’d have nothing to do with SD, They said Mike Ashley is nothing to do with them.

“Rangers continues to look forward to their long term exclusive partnership with Castore, which, for the avoidance of doubt, is a direct agreement between those two companies with no other persons party to the deal.
As is common practice in teamwear retail, Castore will form a number of wholesale supply arrangements with high street retailers in the UK and overseas because that is key to the global aspirations of both Castore and Rangers but the purpose of these arrangements will always be to maximise the availability and sales channels for Rangers products.”

This has been lifted directly from a statement the club made.
Unless you’re calling Rangers liars? Or think we’ve somehow been duped?

Castore offered a deal which SD couldn’t match, it allowed us to get out of the iron clad contract with SD.
We are now free to go wherever we want for merchandise and retail deals in the future. Castore are a business and want to make as much money as they can. If SD (a huge part of the sports retail market in the uk) offer them money to sell our kits then it suits all 3 parties. Rangers don’t lose out on anything. Castore make money. SD get to sell our kit.

Ashley doesn't just give things up, we should know better than anyone. Hearing Castore mentioned in the same sentence as that fat prick makes me feel uneasy.

If that fat cnut were to take over castore, his usual backdoor games, I hope we have airtight contract end date.

The only way I can see ashley leaving Newcastle is if a group of wealthy fans buy him out.

From our experience with him you can just imagine what state the club will be in behind the scenes. Any due diligence by potential buyers will uncover all kinds of issues and contracts that are impossible to get out of.

The Castore deal overall has been good and a vital revenue source but I don’t really trust them. Ever since there have been quality issues they have dodged the fan media they promised to be 100% transparent with.

Something doesn't sit right with me regarding Ashley and castore especially since SD are selling our "exclusive" champions 55 merchandise

anything that puts the fat man in the same sentence as castore and our club should have alarm bells ringing .
Last year I went into the huge sports direct shop on Oxford Street.The collection of Castore gear in it was enormous.It had a full range of our kits and training wear plus the expensive hoodies etc.
I hadn't seen these items anywhere else and found the fact they had it and no one else very surprising

If they are about to announce a few EPL clubs then I’d expect we will suddenly not be a priority as such. So those expecting better materials etc may be disappointed

Last year I went into the huge sports direct shop on Oxford Street.The collection of Castore gear in it was enormous.It had a full range of our kits and training wear plus the expensive hoodies etc.
I hadn't seen these items anywhere else and found the fact they had it and no one else very surprising
would nt know mate as i don't go there but something just not right about the whole thing .

When will we find out how much we are making from the deal? We must have shifted some amount of kit this season, plus if we are getting a % of profit on top of the agreed payment surely the club won’t be happy with them running out of stock constantly.

Castore never promised they’d have nothing to do with SD, They said Mike Ashley is nothing to do with them.

“Rangers continues to look forward to their long term exclusive partnership with Castore, which, for the avoidance of doubt, is a direct agreement between those two companies with no other persons party to the deal.
As is common practice in teamwear retail, Castore will form a number of wholesale supply arrangements with high street retailers in the UK and overseas because that is key to the global aspirations of both Castore and Rangers but the purpose of these arrangements will always be to maximise the availability and sales channels for Rangers products.”

Castore offered a deal which SD couldn’t match, it allowed us to get out of the iron clad contract with SD.
We are now free to go wherever we want for merchandise and retail deals in the future.
Castore are a business and want to make as much money as they can. If SD (a huge part of the sports retail market in the uk) offer them money to sell our kits then it suits all 3 parties. Rangers don’t lose out on anything. Castore make money. SD get to sell our kit.
We'll see. That just seems too easy and I'm not having it. Something is nagging away at the back of my mind about the whole thing and has been from the start.

Plenty of downsides to that - generic strips, limited selection of gear, mostly tat.

Shellick's offering from adidas is garbage.

I don’t agree with that when it comes to Nike, for example. Yeah, a lot of their kits have templates for GK’s and you might get the occasional away kit that can be similar design for multiple club teams but when you look across Europe a lot of the teams with Nike have different styles of kit. Their training gear and off field range is the best around currently.

We'll see. That just seems too easy and I'm not having it. Something is nagging away at the back of my mind about the whole thing and has been from the start.
Think that’s the emotional scarring of a decade.
Unless the board have been done up like kippers or have lied to us then we are clear and free

Think that’s the emotional scarring of a decade.
Unless the board have been done up like kippers or have lied to us then we are clear and free
I hope you are right and I'm a cynic by nature anyway but something about it all doesn't sit right with me. As I say, hopefully I'm wrong.

Completely different scenario mate.

We tried to do a fast one with the Elite contract. It was pretty close to the bone legal wise as we attempted to circumnavigate an existing deal with Ashley. This deal is now gone. On that front,I couldn't care less if Al Qaeda had the rights to make out kits out of rocks for a season. It has broken Ashley's matching clause which no longer exists.

All elite did was distribute the Hummel kit as well.

Castore are a kit manufacturer. They actually make the kit and the deal is direct with Rangers to manufacture and distribute our kit while paying us for the privelige of doing so.

The Castore deal is a traditional kit deal. It's been so long since we had one of them that people have forgotten what they look like.

If you're worried,simply ask yourself why Ashley would get involved with a company to then make a bid that Sports Direct couldn't match and thus lose their eternal matching clause?
Dont let common sense get in the way of panty wetting though...

I want away from Castore at the earliest opportunity. Regardless of length of deal it can be renegotiated/bought out by others.

Come next season we’ll be an even more attractive option to other kit manufacturers. They’ll want in on the action.

I get the bespoke angle Castore give us but personally like I said, I’d prefer us to exit the deal with them.
How long was the deal, 5 years?

Castore will have played another blinder here. I suspect their fanbase will be desperate for kit and merchandise in a similar fashion to us. Money to be made.
Don't get the impression Newcastle fans boycotted anything in the way we did.

How long was the deal, 5 years?

Yes.

Only thing that makes we think there is no chance of the deal ending early is Castore’s involvement with the new Edmiston House.
That and how much money we apparently make from the deal.

I fear we’ll have to suck it up and accept a completely unacceptable product.

You really have to wonder at a few comments on here. People being referred to as panty wetters and as being desperate to find a link between Castore, the fat cuntface and Rangers.

Its as if everything from Murray onwards didn't happen and Rangers have strolled through every court case we've been involved in with consummate ease.

At the very least we as fans should be healthily cynical about any remote connection with Ashley, and we should be able to hold that position without the sneering jibes from a few folk on here.

Ashley doesn't just give things up, we should know better than anyone. Hearing Castore mentioned in the same sentence as that fat prick makes me feel uneasy.
Perhaps the Saudi’s invited him to their Embassy to discuss the deal.

I wish we went for Umbro, Adidas, Nike or any of the big kit makers.
Castore stuff is fucking crap and overpriced for what it is. Cheap made crap.
I didn't find to much wrong with the Hummel merchandise. Good quality and a sight cheaper than Castore.

I wish we went for Umbro, Adidas, Nike or any of the big kit makers.
Castore stuff is fucking crap and overpriced for what it is. Cheap made crap.
The pricing imo is a major issue and I believe this is an area Castore and Rangers got wrong for me the products aren't worth the extortionate prices I know money goes to the club and Castore will make a decent profit etc I get that of course but I think we have been taken for mugs have barely bought a thing since the strip fiasco.

They had stuff the Rangers Store didn't have or you couldnt get online? That is surprising

Yes.

Only thing that makes we think there is no chance of the deal ending early is Castore’s involvement with the new Edmiston House.
That and how much money we apparently make from the deal.

I fear we’ll have to suck it up and accept a completely unacceptable product.
The quality and customer service has been hit and miss and that's me being kind. What I will say is benefit of the doubt I will give them for this season. Deal wasn't announced until this time last year I think? So you had us as their 1st major partner. You had much shorter turnaround than you usually would and the small matter of Covid. Personally I can put those 3 issues as mitigating circumstances. The coming season launch and quality and customer service has to be spot on. Obviously we are still living with Covid but they've had a year to source material and proper quality assurances in production. So no excuses as of this summer imo.

I think that is intentional from the writer. I suspect Castore would be one of several companies wanting to make and sell Zebra crossing t-shirts, but it doesn’t suit the writers narrative to suggest otherwise.

Heads up troops, we have been saved, and now we are back on top. 55 is real, Rangers retail is real, Stevie G delivered.
I understand and feel just as dubious when I see the fat Bassa’s name on here, but The King reigns supreme. Long live the KING!

Why though?

We have a contract with Castore. They pay us money. When the deal is up, we will probably move onto someone else who pays us more money.

A bit of our problem is that some fans started hero worshipping Castore when it's really just a standard business relationship.
You could have written this in 2013 and substituted SD for Castore. When you see how that turned out you might see why people are uneasy about any report suggesting business deals between SD and Castore

We are now free to go wherever we want for merchandise and retail deals in the future. Castore are a business and want to make as much money as they can. If SD (a huge part of the sports retail market in the uk) offer them money to sell our kits then it suits all 3 parties. Rangers don’t lose out on anything. Castore make money. SD get to sell our kit.
The most sensible post I've read in this thread.

Castore will be judged on this season coming. 1st season for them they've had the covid excuse, lets see how they do now

I don’t agree with that when it comes to Nike, for example. Yeah, a lot of their kits have templates for GK’s and you might get the occasional away kit that can be similar design for multiple club teams but when you look across Europe a lot of the teams with Nike have different styles of kit. Their training gear and off field range is the best around currently.
Nike have about 5 or 6 flagship clubs who get bespoke kits, the rest are generic templates. Same as the likes of Adidas. They dont have the time to offer bespoke strips for every single club they deal with.

Have a closer look at most Nike kits and they will generally be the same base template.

I was looking at the MLS strips the other day as the yanks do the deals via the league and not seperate clubs. Every strip is basically the same ina different colour way

Great summary of set up......only bit I would amend is ‘SD get to stock our kit’, but hopefully don’t sell any as our fans are wise enough to buy direct from Rangers or other reputable outlets.

Nike have about 5 or 6 flagship clubs who get bespoke kits, the rest are generic templates. Same as the likes of Adidas. They dont have the time to offer bespoke strips for every single club they deal with.

Have a closer look at most Nike kits and they will generally be the same base template.

I was looking at the MLS strips the other day as the yanks do the deals via the league and not seperate clubs. Every strip is basically the same ina different colour way

I completely understand how kit manufacturers work mate. With the numbers we sell, I’m pretty sure Nike would make us something bespoke.

You could have written this in 2013 and substituted SD for Castore. When you see how that turned out you might see why people are uneasy about any report suggesting business deals between SD and Castore

I can see why people are uneasy but, when you think logically, it doesn't make sense.

Again, why would Ashley get involved with Castore and then bid more than SD were prepared to match thus ending his eternal matching clause that he had? It literally makes no sense.

Factor in that the Castore deal is a regular kit deal and not the strangelhold on our retail income that SD had and it makes even less sense.

Castore don't care about Rangers. rangers don't care about Castore. Both will make a lot of money from the deal. That's business.

Some people bizarrely hero worshipped Castore as if they were doing us a favour and that's a big part of how people now feel.

I’m more uneasy about castore managing expectations. This season hasn’t been great for them in terms of kit availability and quality. With the increased demand from other sports clubs I have doubts that they can improve. While castore were rightly criticised this season, they were given quite a bit of leeway given the relatively short timescales to source, design and manufacture kit. Having had a season to bed in and with a plethora of 150 yr merchandise they simply cannot get it wrong. The brand damage from us fans alone would be irreparable.

I dunno why any premier league club would get involved with Castore given the quality of stuff they have made for us.

Castore got off to a terrible start, but I think there was always going to be teething problems trying to produce a massive about of merchandise during the start of covid, I really hope they up their game for next season.

Seriously suspicious that the Ashley is involved with Castore ,using them to make money from us through the back door.
In regards to suppliers ,I won't be happy until we deal with the tried and trusted companies like ,Nike ,adidas umbro ect

Why would he compel Castore to offer a vastly better deal to us than he could, which ultimately broke his rolling matching clause and with it, his hold over us?

If he was at all interested in making money with us he could have worked with our board and made a fortune, while also maintaining his control.

This time last year he was sat in our living room with his feet up on the furniture, stinking the place out with his rancid, obese farts.

He then CHOSE to leave (through not taking up the option of matching Castore’s offer).

Why then, would he look for a back door to get back in after choosing to leave?

Castore got off to a terrible start, but I think there was always going to be teething problems trying to produce a massive about of merchandise during the start of covid, I really hope they up their game for next season.
Probably get worse if there taking more teams on board.

Back