President of the Czech Republic's response

To be fair he does not speak for the Czech people.

He is being investigated for corruption and every Czech that I know can't stand him.

This statement should not be a reflection on the Czech people.
Ubless you're taking every single person's view, you can only really go by what you see from the players, fans, board, social media and now their politicians. It seems by and large that they seem to be stuck in the stone age.

My ex was Czech. While she never said anything particularly offensive, her family all had somewhat dated views

My tip for dealing with the Czechs - call their country Eastern European. It winds them up so much
This so much. Spent quite a bit of time on Reddit doing it in the days after that scumbag racially abused Karama.

Had them on strings as the saying goes :D

To be fair he does not speak for the Czech people.

He is being investigated for corruption and every Czech that I know can't stand him.

This statement should not be a reflection on the Czech people.
But it is a reflection on the Czech people, rightly or wrongly. The same way the snp is a reflection on Scotland. They are the people who supposedly represent us, so it is a reflection on us/them.

Looks like the Czechs are very fractured politically (although who isn't right now?)

The letter to UEFA by the President's Head of Office is probably more to do with political point scoring within the country than anything else. You can see from the PM's comment about Portugal that they've very much got a bit of the pro-EU "liberals" vs anti-pc brigade divide going on. My guess would be that all of this has little to do with football and the actual incident, and more to do with their national politics

Ubless you're taking every single person's view, you can only really go by what you see from the players, fans, board, social media and now their politicians. It seems by and large that they seem to be stuck in the stone age.
So you think the whole of Scotland hate England?

As the First Minister clearly does, and if you listened only to Celtics fans, social media boards and some of their players you would say so to.

Thing is you are talking about things you don't really know and I can tell you from experience they are not as racist as is being made out.

My wife and her family certainly aren't and I have worked with so many Czech's in London over the years and it was not an issue, if anything I've come across far more racism from English colleagues, but I would never call the whole of England racist either.

This Roofe thing. When it happened you can see from everyone’s reaction that it was simply an accident. Beyond embarrassing that the Czech’s are using that incident as the starting point to the whole racism thing.
Correct. Watch it back. You can see from the Slavia players reaction they knew it was a bad collision, but their reaction told you all you needed to know, they knew it was an accidental collision that had a bad outcome. If, say, it was a stamp, the reaction would have been entirely different.

If they're talking about "rough-play", they're clearly forget the obvious game plan of tag-teaming kicks at Ryan Kent in the first half.

Using it to excuse racism, or anything else in that rant, is abhorrent to any normal thinking person.

Last edited:
Despite this response being disgusting and showing that Czech Republic sees racism as okay, it makes you wonder what it's like to have your premier backing you to the hilt.

As for this land of eastern European racists, bet they wish they were as stubborn, stoic and offensive when the Germans then the Russians rolled in.

This is great,they are doing all the right things to annoy UEFA enough to punish them more.

Hopefully.

Correct. Watch it back. You can see from the Slavia players reaction they knew it was a bad collision, but their reaction told you all you needed to know, they knew it was an accidental collision that had a bad outcome. If, say, it was a stamp, the reaction would have been entirely different.

If they're talking about £rough-play", they're clearly forget the obvious game plan of tag-teaming kicks at Ryan Kent in the first half.

Using it to excuse racism, or anything else in that rant, is abhorrent to any normal thinking person.

Their argument isn’t backed up by the game stats. They had 18 fouls, we had 21.

Their argument isn’t backed up by the game stats. They had 18 fouls, we had 21.

We had 3 bookings and Balogun and Roofe red cards compared to their 3 bookings.

In fact, it's actually 4 yellows and 1 red if you consider Balogun was two bookings.

Last edited:
I didnt realise Czechia was stuck in the dark ages. Absolute madness to see their manager, their club and their president back a Racist.

Starting to think leaving the EU wasn't the worst idea, %^*& being in a union with these backwards freaks.

Czechs should be thrown out euros and club sides banned for 3 years from UEFA competitions.

Utter scum.

My ex was Czech. While she never said anything particularly offensive, her family all had somewhat dated views

My tip for dealing with the Czechs - call their country Eastern European. It winds them up so much
I work with a few ex Eastern bloc countrymen, their views are very dated indeed, a few have let the mask slip a few times and lost their job over it, the rest know to keep their views to themselves, but get them on their own away from work after a few beers , its a very dark view point, attitude indeed.
Kudelas actions do not surprise me, neither does ant form of protection his countrymen are affording him.

These matters are always tricky . It feels like Czech Republic’s are very likely to be backward wrt the politics of racism relative to Western European societies .
Make no mistake this has been a damaging episode for them it will have travelled across much of the Continent and they are left looking what they are .

sad very sad

no one is perfect or anywhere near it but this has been a real straightener for many people .

Last edited:
Incredible.

Didnt realise being angry about a black player being called a monkey is a "stupid trend".

The way they are using Roofes accidental challenge as a malicious attack is a disgrace.

They have been painting us as a dirty team when in reality they were throwing themselves to the ground any time anyone came near them.

UEFA need to step up here and actually make an example of this lot as its well beyond football at this stage. This is about human decency.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on those halfwits at UEFA doing anything that is considered correct.

A statement that proves the fact that most politicians are indeed imbeciles and not fit to hold office.
That aside I wouldn't be judging a whole nation on this clown shoes statement,rather than there comes a time when should stop talking and realise your just digging a bigger hole for yourself and the folk you represent.

Mate my missus is Czech I go there twice a year and to tarnish a whole nation as racists is beyond stupid.
Quite right mate. Never read so much nonsence as what I've read on here.

People who love to let anyone know that'll listen, they are tolerant, yet denounce a whole nation. Remember a nation that was stamped under the jackboot of nazism and communism for the best part of a century.

As for going to do them if we get them in europe, here's a clue. You might get hurt as the keyboard won't help.

Except for when the Germans and then the Russians walked all over them.
Is that when britain and france let them down and signed the Munich agreement? They were ready to fight, but we left them to their fate.

Not forgetting the man they took out at the cost of many chzech lives. You know the one they named the final solution after. One of the most calculated evil nazis out there and if he had got power of germany we might have had a different outcome.

Cheap comment if ever I seen one.

Mate my missus is Czech I go there twice a year and to tarnish a whole nation as racists is beyond stupid.

Serious question, has anyone within the Czech media or politics condemned either the racist abuse given to Kamara on the pitch or the subsequent abuse dished out online to Kamara and Roofe?

Because by failing to do so, then I'm sorry, regardless of your Mrs nationality, that would certainly not reflect well on the entire nation.

He wasn’t tarring an entire nation, he compared the rant with the clowns who posted the online abuse of Kamara and Roofe, which in all honesty looked pretty numerous. That country really does look to have racist issues with a sizeable number of its inhabitants.

A statement that proves the fact that most politicians are indeed imbeciles and not fit to hold office.
That aside I wouldn't be judging a whole nation on this clown shoes statement,rather than there comes a time when should stop talking and realise your just digging a bigger hole for yourself and the folk you represent.
He has to have a target audience to make this comment doesn’t he . Who and how nummerable I don’t know.
We have them here too it’s just the way hate conquers Lives .

I’m still raging their club didn’t get done for all the garbage they spouted post match. I wouldn’t be surprised if the cowards at UEFA listened to this clown and reduced Kudeka’s ban on appeal.

The thing that sticks in my craw is this lie, that is getting peddled as fact, that they played us off the park and we resorted to thuggery. Anyone who watched that game will know that they play acted and conned the ref from the first whistle. Roofe committed the one bad tackle in the entire game. Yes, their tactics won them the game, and I know simulation is part of the game these days, but their behaviour should be getting highlighted as much as ours.

Back