Do we rest nearly everybody for midweek ?

It's a dilemma as you would naturally rest, but this team thrives on games within quick succession. However, I think SG will make sight changes.

I can see Tav getting the last 30 mins.
Roofe will get a start.
Also I think Wright will start. If we get an early couple of goals, we will see Itten, Bassey and Zungu.
Are Bassey, Patterson and Zungu available next weekend? When is the appeal hearing?

Midweek I'd play

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Helander (I'd play Balogun but don't think he will be fit)
Bassey

Arfield
Kamara
Davis (I'd play Zungu but think he will be banned)

Wright
Roofe
Hagi

Certainly not all of them. The gaffer said there would be some, but I think just 3 or 4.
We still want to end the season undefeated, although the Scottish Cup is by far the priority now.

Depending on the result of the appeal, Tav will be back to his usual position. There is scope to include Wright, Defoe and Bassey. If Jack had been available Davis could have had a rest, but, that will be the difficult decisions I dont think we have a natural replacement for him. McLaughlin is also a good replacement for Greegs.

I'd want a look at Simpson and who wouldn't want to see Scott Wright start again!
Not many changes though, start strong and can make 5 subs can't we. Davis the only obvious one you wouldn't want to be playing 3 games in a week

Back