Steven Davis - Our Greatest Ever Midfielder

barry

still think davis is very much up there though

0 point having a hall of fame if davo's not on it

edit: if we include international prestige and all-round class off the pitch, he's the goat

Barry before injuries was a god. At his peak the best centre mid we've had. He's not a better Ranger than Davo though.

Where does this pish about Ian Ferguson being a hatchet man come from? Such a disservice to a cracking player.

A lot of those guys played for us when the overall standard of the league was much higher too if we’re honest. Either way I’d put the bottle down for the night, although for Davis to rank number 1 you’d probably have to be about 14 and that bottle is likely to be filled with Ribena B-D

Where does this pish about Ian Ferguson being a hatchet man come from? Such a disservice to a cracking player.

A lot of those guys played for us when the overall standard of the league was much higher too if we’re honest. Either way I’d put the bottle down for the night, although for Davis to rank number 1 you’d probably have to be about 14 and that bottle is likely to be filled with Ribena B-D
Exactly fs. Was a great player, never a hatchet man in his puff, suggest the op never watched the guy much

Jim Baxter, Barry Ferguson and Ian Durrant to name a few.
All scottish lol you scots have to laugh we are the fighting race in n ireland we have balls sick of listening to anti n irish on this site f that i love rangers so does my family but you are not us all talk no action no surrender boys ey 1690 all that bullshit im off this site alot of little ladys on here not all of you but a brave few.

All scottish lol you scots have to laugh we are the fighting race in n ireland we have balls sick of listening to anti n irish on this site f that i love rangers so does my family but you are not us all talk no action no surrender boys ey 1690 all that bullshit im off this site alot of little ladys on here not all of you but a brave few.

Do they have punctuation in Northern Ireland?

You say this as though the 3 aforementioned players are diddies who couldn’t possibly compare to Davo. Surprised there’s few mentions for Albertz by the way.

Go to bed and sober up. You're gibbering nonsense

In 10 years time, when people my age start jibbering on about the players of the past being the best we're finally going to see Davis recognized appropriately. I'm fairly sure I seen Ferguson and Davis at the same time for long enough to judge that there isn't as much between them as people want to believe. If anything, we were robbed of seeing Davis hit his peak by the events of 2012.

Pound for pound and taking into consideration his performances (and goals) in the BIG games against Sellick and in Europe then Jorg Albertz has got to be right up there.
Davis is a legend with a tremendous pedigree and longevity but there have been quite a few better than him.

Pile of pish. I love Davis but he’s not been the best rangers midfielder of the past 30 years never mind of all time. Barry Ferguson was a better player than Davis, that’s not even close in my eyes.

Davis has played for us under the worst times that’s what puts him above Barry etc.

Done more for us the past two years than Barry done in ten.

I was too young for Gazza and other players mentioned but Davis is behind Ferguson for me but I wouldn’t argue someone puting davis ahead of him

Davis has played for us under the worst times that’s what puts him above Barry etc.

Done more for us the past two years than Barry done in ten.

What did he do for us last year? We were a disaster, won fùck all and at one point there were people suggesting Davis was done, such was his poor form. He wasn’t really the main man in midfield in his first spell either. He has been different class this season though. Easily one of my fav players but recency bias is out of control on here.

We can stick Kent in front of Laudrup too since he played during the ‘worst of times’.

Last edited:
Baxter , Durrant, Souness, Gascoigne off the top of my head.
Add Ferguson and that be that in my fifty odd years of sentient support.
I guess I should drop Baxter as just before my time but, I’ll bow to the even more seniors opinion.
That would make him in the top six.
Thats pretty brilliant and a great achievement.

Back