Do you even get nervous playing them anymore?

Thommo2006

Maybe it's just me but in the 4 games this season against them I've enjoyed them from the first minute to the last. I go into games expecting to beat them 2 years ago I went into games against them worrying about heavy defeat. Its a great feeling to have, when we went 1 0 up yesterday for me the game was done, real real confidence in this group of players.

The future is bright bears

Not these days.

In the past few years I wasn’t just nervous, I actually dreaded the matches, and with good cause.

Now, I go into every one the way a bear always should, confident without being over confident

Maybe it's just me but in the 4 games this season against them I've enjoyed them from the first minute to the last. I go into games expecting to beat them 2 years ago I went into games against them worrying about heavy defeat. Its a great feeling to have, when we went 1 0 up yesterday for me the game was done, real real confidence in this group of players.

The future is bright bears
There’s a bit of that for me. There were a couple of seasons going into these games fearing the worst. Yesterday, my Mrs heard me cheering the goals but afterwards commented that I wasn’t as ‘high’ as usual. I just said ‘beating them has become routine now’. Back to the good old days.:)

I've been the exact same for every game versus them bar, I think, the first one at the piggery.

Relatively and comparatively speaking, I'm totally chilled when things are level and confident we'll put things right if there's a blip. Obviously the usual manic fist pumping when we put one past them and celebrations when we slay them.

I'm always nervous against them as there is always the potential of a shock result, especially in the cup. Once we got the 1st goal I relaxed a bit more but I suspect Iit would have been a long nervous 10 mins again if Griffiths had taken / scored the penalty.

Not as much as I used to.

There’s nothing about that Celtic side right now gives me any concern that they’ll compete with us. Yesterday was a walk in the park. We played with the hand brake on at 2-0!

Yes. My stomach was in knots yesterday before the game.
More in nervous anticipation these days as opposed to the sheer dread of a few seasons ago

I'm normally in a bit of turmoil before these games but yesterday I just felt that we were going to win no problem.

Still nervous. They're still a threat after all and these games can be unpredictable.

Difference is, since that 1-0 at Ibrox when Jack scored, we now know we can beat them and, especially this season, we now expect to.

Yes, of course I do. And it will never change.

They could be in the place we were around 2013-14 and I would still feel nauseous in the lead-up...
It's what makes victorys like yesterday feel that much better.

I’ve been so much calmer this season than for many a long year.
That said, according to my Fitbit I had 80 active minutes and I did nothing but watch TVB-D

Yesterday I sat in a state of total calm after kickoff

not being there helps I think. But I wasn’t worried. I have total faith in this side. We strolled it, I honestly don’t think we got out of second gear

Calmness personified yesterday.

We have broken them mentally this season.

No gloating from Brown, Ajer & Griffiths anymore. They now keep their heads down avoiding eye contact.

A team of bullies and cowards who know the fear factor is gone and isn't coming back.

No more 4 or 5 goal doings, No tying scarves to the goalposts at Ibrox with no-one in our team bothering to care, No wearing a Policeman's hat celebrating a goal, No get it up you gestures to our fans from the cardboard hard man. No laughing from their manager on television when we were down. No snide remarks from their fans in passing.

They are broken from top to bottom, so foot on their throat and don't take it off. Make no mistake, they wanted us dead and did everything they could to achieve it.

To quote Mr Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin.

Enjoy it fellow bears- We deserve it.

Of course. I felt ill on Friday & Saturday from the nerves. That’ll never change even if we were to go on a 10/20 unbeaten streak against them.

I'm always nervous for these games but was confident of a win yesterday.

I'd like to think I'd be relaxed for the game in a couple of weeks but realistically that not going to happen.

Yesterday felt comfortable. Surprising as they did have more frequent and better chances. I always feel we can go up a level and this group of players have my total trust.

About 70 minutes in yesterday, before the penalty, I sat back on the couch relaxed.

Cant remember last time doing that in an OF game.

No, agree with OP. When I compare and contrast with the state I got myself into watching the 1-2 game at the piggery when Katic got the winner.

I'll be honest now it's done, I had a bad feeling prior to yesterday's game. But during the game and seeing how it unfolds I become less nervous. The tims are at their best in between playing us, as they make a lot of noise but ultimately can't back it up

The day I don't get nervous against them is the day I leave this life.
Even at two up I was shitting myself in case we blew it. I so badly wanted a third goal so I could enjoy the remaining minutes.
I enjoyed the build up and the aftermath.

I’m the ultimate shitebag. Haven‘t watched an old firm game live on tv since the 80’s. Absolutely fine if actually at the game, go figure.
Yesterday my son came round to watch it as he doesn’t have Rangers Tv or Premier Sports. I sat upstairs in my room, phone switched off, headphones on listening to music. Turned my phone on at 16:52 and Flash Score app. It said 93mins gone and 2-0......I ran down the stairs for the last minute :))

Yes this fixture is too unpredictable to not be nervous. I feel 60/40 that we would win going into yesterday’s game but they had more good chances than us so it’s still very fine margins though we have a more solid, organised defence and a great keeper instead of the walloper that they have.

Back