Steven Davis - Our Greatest Ever Midfielder

I amazed people are claiming 2018-2020 were the “worst times”!:oops:

If you think that was bad,wait until you hear about 2012-2018..o_O

Bound to attract pelters, Barry being the obvious contender, but all things considered, I can't argue. He is one of my favourite ever Rangers players. Even though he's rated, he's still underrated. Our heartbeat.

3 in a row under Walter.

Manchester.

309 appearances in the EPL.

Northern Irelands most capped player ever.

The GOAT.
Gazza, Van Bronckhorst, Durrant, Barry Ferguson and Ian Ferguson all miles better.

Understand the love but quite funny watching someone spout nonsense whilst being utterly pished.

All scottish lol you scots have to laugh we are the fighting race in n ireland we have balls sick of listening to anti n irish on this site f that i love rangers so does my family but you are not us all talk no action no surrender boys ey 1690 all that bullshit im off this site alot of little ladys on here not all of you but a brave few.
Hope you have one hell of a hangover.

Depends on how you interpret best/greatest.

In terms of the success the wee man has delivered and taking into account the significance of 55 , he's got to be right up there with the very best of them now.

We have had many fantastic midfield players over our history - a few not really role model Rangers. No doubt Steven ticks both boxes. We are so lucky to have him.

Davis is an excellent player and a great role model for any youngster. Greatest ever, I'm not sure about that.

All scottish lol you scots have to laugh we are the fighting race in n ireland we have balls sick of listening to anti n irish on this site f that i love rangers so does my family but you are not us all talk no action no surrender boys ey 1690 all that bullshit im off this site alot of little ladys on here not all of you but a brave few.

Bye then. What a bizarre fucking rant.

Baxter,gascgoine,russell,mac donald,fergusson,souness,wilkins.....davis is good but not quite up to the standard of these in my opinion.
Great list of players that I have been lucky to see and proud to support. I just have a feeling that Davis may have got a game alongside these stalwarts with his ability, cool head and winning mentality. A managers dream.

Everything alright in the house mate?

A great player and a modern day hero but doubt he would make it in to our greatest team. No slight on him though. We just have a lot of great options

Of course it is, that’s what makes places like this brilliant because not everybody thinks the same or has the same opinion. Barry was a tremendous midfielder, real top drawer especially in his younger days, I just didn’t like him as a captain but I’d have him as a player all day long.

When it comes to Davis I just think over the period, how he’s played, how he carries himself and conducts himself day in day out, how well he represents the club and how much he loves the club, for me I just think he holds that wee bit more prestige over Ferguson. He’s more of a player you could put straight into a Rangers bracket in the sense of how a Ranger should be.

Davis is as true a Ranger as any legend that’s graced our wonderful football club and that’s some list.

We all agree to disagree but at the end of the day, we all love this wonderful club. WATP indeed!

I can totally see where you are coming from personally.

I am not nailing my colours to a mast yet, because it's a huge accolade, and it's easy to get carried away in the "now".

I never lived through the peak of I Ferguson, but I did with Barry.
Barry is Rangers through and through, we know that.

But what Davis has achieved, and what he has helped stop.

Him and Barry can go toe for toe in my eyes, and if there is a winner it went 12 rounds and right to the score card.

As good and as skillful and as amazing as Gazza was to watch, he could never ever be given the title of Rangers greatest ever midfielder, because, imo, it should take more than talent to take that title.

Unless you hold a grudge about him not staying in the 3rd division, it’s hard to see what he done wrong?

He forced Southampton to pay Rangers a fee that he would probably have otherwise received.

No he didn't, Chucky big hawns forced the fee by holding up the Davis registration until it was resolved;)

Christ I think I can actually smell the alcohol just from reading through this thread.

Post below definitely the highlight :))

Wouldn’t go as far as that but embodies everything being a Ranger stands for.Fantastic player for club and country.

I think each player mentioned are great midfielders in their own right! Davis coming back has shown he took himself to another level, he has been magnificent no doubt about that and joins a list of great midfielders within our long history!

Unless you hold a grudge about him not staying in the 3rd division, it’s hard to see what he done wrong?

He forced Southampton to pay Rangers a fee that he would probably have otherwise received.
I wish people would stop perpetuating this myth that Steven Davis somehow forced Southampton to pay us a transfer fee, because that didn’t happen.

Charles Green was threatening to take all of clubs, who took any of our players who left after admin, to court. Southampton, where Davis had been training for about a month, done the decent thing and paid a fee. If i recall correctly we didn’t even get that money as I’m sure the SFA took it and kept it. Someone else may be able to correct me on that though if I’m wrong about that.

As far as I’m concerned, the only player who actually got us a transfer fee was Maurice Edu, because he, along with the likes of Bocanegra and Goian, returned for preseason training for the 2012/13 season but he subsequently moved to Stoke before the season started.

I wish people would stop perpetuating this myth that Steven Davis somehow forced Southampton to pay us a transfer fee, because that didn’t happen.

Charles Green was threatening to take all of clubs, who took any of our players who left after admin, to court. Southampton, where Davis had been training for about a month, done the decent thing and paid a fee. If i recall correctly we didn’t even get that money as I’m sure the SFA took it and kept it. Someone else may be able to correct me on that though if I’m wrong about that.

As far as I’m concerned, the only player who actually got us a transfer fee was Maurice Edu, because he, along with the likes of Bocanegra and Goian, returned for preseason training for the 2012/13 season but he subsequently moved to Stoke before the season started.
You're pretty much spot on, that's what happened.

Recency bias is going crazy on here.. best ever keeper, best ever midfielder,best ever title win, joint best manager with Smith,best ever style of play,best euro run etc

Back