Do you even get nervous playing them anymore?

Yes I can confirm I do indeed get nervous. Usually nerves only kick in 5 to 10 mins prior to kick off. Yesterday I was a nervous wreck for hour leading up to game.

I've got to be honest - and I said as much in here - but I had the fear before the 1-1 draw. I don't know if that was because of the Europa League shite, but I didn't fancy us at all. The other 3 games I've been quite confident though. Just that last 1.

I think there should always be that edge to it against them or else what's the point? The last 2 seasons I've been confident of beating them but you're always going to have the nerves.

Maybe it's just me but in the 4 games this season against them I've enjoyed them from the first minute to the last. I go into games expecting to beat them 2 years ago I went into games against them worrying about heavy defeat. Its a great feeling to have, when we went 1 0 up yesterday for me the game was done, real real confidence in this group of players.

The future is bright bears
No not really, NY game was the most nervous I’ve felt.

I must admit leading up to yesterday, no nerves, very little tension, only the ninety minutes came to squeaky bum time, not like a normal build up.

Been going to games against the Vermin for over 50 years and have never attended one or watched one without worrying about what if.

I usually am but admit i was particularly so yesterday,i just was concerned they would be more up for it. And when they got the penalty (which wasn't one btw) the old ticker started pumping faster. I thought no not ten minutes of agony and pacing around looking at the clock.
What i will say though is not that long ago i went into these games just hoping we wouldnt get hammered,now i go into them looking to win them,although i will never be over confident in games against seperate entity football club.

Yes. And if we stop getting nervous that means we get complacent. And if you get complacent.....well, you know.

Yes, I was tense at 2-0, because if they score then they're back in the game. I like it, this game is the still best to play in, best to watch, and best to win.

Woke up yesterday morning with no nerves. Strange, but assumed that would change nearer/at kick off time. Come kick off time still no nerves. Strange experience. I had a wee flutter when Madden gave them the penalty but I should have known better with McGregor in goals.

I choose to believe this happened because I now expect us to win.

The game yesterday, yes. It was a one off game and meant we could potentially go and win a double and make them have a trophyless season.

The game before that at the piggery when the league was won, no. That was a free hit for our team who were probably still partying.

The last game at Ibrox I won't be nervous either because the league is won, nothing to stress about. I will be excited and I will want to beat those cunts but only to reinforce our dominance.

I’ll always be a bit nervous. You can generally never call it, regardless of who’s in form at the time. I’m sure the nervous tension will ramp right up again when supporters are allowed back in. As you start to get closer to Ibrox on a sunny Sunday morning on match day, there’s no better feeling in the world.

Any fear factor has gone replaced by the fact that we have a very very good team and their's is by far inferior to us.
As in any game I never feel complacent until the job is done but more confident that we have a great capable side who can and who are delivering the goods.

Yes, of course.

I would be worried if I didn’t, regardless of who the better team is at the time.

I think it’s crucial that we as a support, and as a club, don’t get complacent as we’ve seen what it did to them.

I’m the ultimate shitebag. Haven‘t watched an old firm game live on tv since the 80’s. Absolutely fine if actually at the game, go figure.
Yesterday my son came round to watch it as he doesn’t have Rangers Tv or Premier Sports. I sat upstairs in my room, phone switched off, headphones on listening to music. Turned my phone on at 16:52 and Flash Score app. It said 93mins gone and 2-0......I ran down the stairs for the last minute :))
Used to go to the games with a friend who spent more time smoking in the toilets than watching the game. If Celtic got the ball anywhere in our half he would look the other way or stare at the ground. Couldn't enjoy them live but would watch recordings for several days in a row.

One of the lowest points of my life, 29th April 2017. In Madrid for a Real game, we played them at Ibrox before it and we watched it in an Irish bar near the Bernabeu.
We were already 2-0 down by the time we got in, eventually lost 5-1, it was that shameful game when Pedro was caught like a rabbit in the headlights and they were toying with us.
At that point I couldn’t see things ever getting any better. To go from that to where we are now, superior in every department on and off the field, has been nothing short of phenomenal.
Now I don’t fear them in the least and I’m looking forward to that game where absolutely everything clicks into place and we take six or seven off them.

Let’s be honest, regardless who the ref was you’d have people like yourself saying “When X is the ref, yes”

They’re all as bad as each other
Maybe, but yesterday did prove i was right to be worried about the official, in a game Rangers totally controlled he still almost managed to corrupt it. Certainly gave it a go anyway.

I never moan about Collum and have said many times having an honest official out there is a huge bonus for Rangers. I also think there is far too much focus on Clancy who has a long way to go to catch up with Madden and Thomson when it comes to trying to influence the result in these fixtures.

None of the refs that do old firm games are bad refs, poor refs, hopeless useless or unfit and need more training, thats daft..... if they were we would benefit from the same sort of soft or crazy decisions which Celtic get all the time.

Once again it was only Rangers players that were getting booked.

Not nearly as much as previously but I think that is a combination of confidence in this side regardless of who we are up against and also not actually being able to go to the games.

Nervous every time. Means too much. I can't stand them gloating no matter what the significance of the game.

jUoaupM.gif

I think there will always be an nervousness for me in a game against them.
Especially yesterday, when the ref was doing his damndest to keep them in the game.

The scars of the BR era run deep my friend. We could be 4 up and I'd still be on the edge of my seat sweating. Totally irrational, of course.

A lot less so now than pre-Gerrard. Always a bit nervous before games v them, but yesterday more than usual with it being a cup game plus a bit of a marker for setting expectations for next season.

At the same time, I also went in yesterday with the total conviction that for the first time in a decade, we are undoubtedly the best team in Glasgow and Scotland, and that we've developed a skill for managing games so we'll that even when we're under pressure, our keeper forced to make saves etc, we're still in control. And that was exactly the story of yesterday's game.

This has been the wrong season to ask that question. I’ve been beyond stressful even for games against the likes of Ross County and Hamilton - too much at stake.

Maybe it's just me but in the 4 games this season against them I've enjoyed them from the first minute to the last. I go into games expecting to beat them 2 years ago I went into games against them worrying about heavy defeat. Its a great feeling to have, when we went 1 0 up yesterday for me the game was done, real real confidence in this group of players.

The future is bright bears

I have never been more certain that they weren't scoring against us than yesterday. Even after the penalty was awarded I didn't think they would score. I don't think their players look like they believe in themselves when they play us anymore.

Yeah, I still get nervous and always will.

Definitely nervous when Turnbull burst through, 18 seconds into the second half.
Definitely nervous when young NP made his only mistake of the game.
And definitely on edge at the penalty.

I love OF games, after the fact.

Back