Best foreigner to play in Scotland but never played with either Old Firm

ssblue

Not including guys who were near the end of their career like Sauzee or Ravanelli etc.

Gillhaus? Nemsadze?

Based on how they played here not what they went on to become.

Obviously further clarification is needed. When I say foreigner I mean not Scottish, English, Welsh or Northern Irish.

Last edited:
a lot of decent players springing to mind but none jumping out at me as a stand out. bit harsh to rule sauzee out for being late in his career though he was still pretty good

I always liked the wee French lad at Killie - can’t mind his name. Cracking player.

Mahrez has to be up there.

Does Best count as foreign?
B2ZfIIA.gif

Schmeichel, Krul, Kozma, Ravanelli, Baltacha, Sauzee all fantastic players either before they came to Scotland or after they left.

Gilhaus was a very good player for the sheep in the 90s. Victor for St. Mirren also comes to mind.

Who was the Spanish international Livingston had when they first got promoted?

Skacel was a very good footballer, not the best but he was the first to come to mind.
Was the first name that came to mind along with Nemsadze of Dundee

The sheep had a few Dutch internationals last 80’s. Gillhaus & Ten Caat were both good players.

Franck Sauzee still bossed games and who remembers Victor for St Mirren

Schmeichel, Krul, Kozma, Ravanelli, Baltacha, Sauzee all fantastic players either before they came to Scotland or after they left.

Gilhaus was a very good player for the sheep in the 90s. Victor for St. Mirren also comes to mind.

Who was the Spanish international Livingston had when they first got promoted?
David Fernandez? Or the keeper ?

Back