Best foreigner to play in Scotland but never played with either Old Firm

There was a couple Iiked though obviously there were better..

Fabian Caballero (Dundee)
Eremenko (Kilmarnock)

Thought Eremenko in particular looked ridiculously good at times. Ended up signing for Killie a year later and could barely walk (and he wasn’t the most agile to begin with)..

Also at Dundee Speroni and Sara seemed great players. Speroni went on to have a decent career in England, Sara disappeared from European football completely.

speroni is a cracking shout btw totally forgot about him a really good keeper in his day

Killie player maybe 10 years ago
Medhi Taoul .Thought any time against us was a very decent player.

Yeah he was a tidy wee player.

I remember he came over to take a corner against us on a Wednesday night at Rugby Park and the Bears were singing 'the corner flag is bigger than you' to the tune of the 'bought a flute for 50p' chant.

Not sure about best footballer but best name is Sieb Dykstra
And went on to play a part in the Addams Family Values film
BNaY9Dh.jpg

B-)

Probably Hans Gillhaus in my lifetime. Went to the 1990 World Cup with Holland as an Aberdeen player. Played in most of their games there too iirc.

Signed from PSV in his mid 20’s and had a European Cup winners medal and couple of Eredivise titles when he joined the sheep. Unthinkable now.

Hearts had Vincent Guerin for a short spell. French international. But I agree with the guy above who suggested Arild Stavrum.

Wait. What?

In the proud history of FF Hot Takes, that’s by far and away the worst. I can only assume he never saw Arild Stavrum play. The Sheep finished bottom that year!

Gillhaus and Sauzee for me. I also thought of Jose Quitongo who seemed to be your typically inconsistent winger, very good on his day.

So many people simply ignoring or misunderstanding the entire point of the thread!

The Dundee goalie who went to Crystal Palace and became a legend for them was good. Julian Speroni.

And purely for the underserved hype, I remember Morton fans creaming themselves over Marko Rajamaki in the 90s.
What is the point of the thread? You can't debate who the best player is and then say, you can't include the best player.

Zoltan Varga, Aberdeen.
Hadnt heard of him, before my time, but a wee google search and he seemed to have some career path. Ferencvaros, Standard liege, Aberdeen, ajax, dortmund! Wikipedias got him as a midfielder with 10 goals in 26 games for aberdeen, is that right or was he more of a winger/ number 10?

Jose Quitongo ! ok not maybe not the best ever but one of these guys who was a legend at his club and i think its in the spirit of the thread!

Also have just remembered some boy who may have been a romanian international signing for Inverness, boy I went to school with was playing for them at the time and he said it was a disaster, the guy himself was a decent player and boy but was on 4 or 5 times the rest of the squad. NIculae, 44 caps and 15 goals for romania according to google.

And what is the UK? It is the British state so of course they are British.
The UK is England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland.

Great Britain is England, Scotland & Wales.

So, Northern Ireland is part of the UK but isn't part of Great Britain.

The Good Friday Agreement gave people born in Northern Ireland the right to claim British Citizenship.

In a similar way, residents of the Channel Islands also have the right to claim British Citizenship, despite the Channel Islands not being part of Great Britain or the UK.

The UK is England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland.

Great Britain is England, Scotland & Wales.

So, Northern Ireland is part of the UK but isn't part of Great Britain.

The Good Friday Agreement gave people born in Northern Ireland the right to claim British Citizenship.

In a similar way, residents of the Channel Islands also have the right to claim British Citizenship, despite the Channel Islands not being part of Great Britain or the UK.

People in NI automatically have British citizenship by default because they are British being from an integral part of the British state. Part of the British isles too.

The GFA enabled to claim Irish citizenship.

Russell Latapy is worth a shout..
Played with Porto and over 80 caps for Trinidad and Tobago.
Surely Laudrup was better?

There was a half decent Dutch defender at Motherwell at one point, Luke Neiholt or something, who I don't remember as being too pish. What I do actually remember was RDB talking about him calling him "enthusiastic" That from the great RDB is a hell of a complement.

So many people simply ignoring or misunderstanding the entire point of the thread!

The Dundee goalie who went to Crystal Palace and became a legend for them was good. Julian Speroni.

And purely for the underserved hype, I remember Morton fans creaming themselves over Marko Rajamaki in the 90s.
Morton fans also creamed themselves over Preben Arentoft in the 60's.
He was more than decent.

The answer is Sauzee, not sure why we're not allowed to include him :))
Best player in Scotland, except not young, old, Rangers or Celtic. Not had a better club before or after, not played better before or after. But the best in that category.
Narrows it down slightly!

Morton fans also creamed themselves over Preben Arentoft in the 60's.
He was more than decent.
I remember him and he was part of Pal Hal's Morton Scandinavian Invasion. We got Erik Sorensen the goalie and Bjorn Sorensen an inside forward from Morton. The one I wanted us to sign was Lennart Wing, a left half but we had Baxter so that was a no go. I think Morton signed him from an Italian team.

Back