European Super League Officially Announced - All Comments In This Thread - Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Spurs & Chelsea all out of it

Think Leeds have been a bit off on Liverpool tonight to be honest.

Liverpool players, fans and manager don't want this ESL.

This is 100% at the owners door. They are the only ones wanting it.

Lay off the actual teams etc. They are all against it as well.

The t-shirts in the liverpool dressing room were wide of the mark, but I think other clubs need to make a stand. I suppose the t-shirt stunt makes Klopp talk about it and outline his displeasure, then works back to the boardroom.

B-D B-D B-D B-D

Did you read the thread? Every post on it attacking the guy who started it

Theres a poll in their bigger thread and only 4.9% support the idea
B-D B-D B-D B-D

Did you read the thread? Every post on it attacking the guy who started it

Theres a poll in their bigger thread and only 4.9% support the idea
Read the first 5 posts or so then went onto Chelsea forum

One of the first replies on the Chelsea forum read "ranges have a better coefficient than tottenham" which I thought was a fair point, well made.

Klopp is a wanker and even Carragher said he wouldn’t have been like that if they never conceded late. It was uncalled for and Neville’s response was excellent.

The t-shirts in the liverpool dressing room were wide of the mark, but I think other clubs need to make a stand. I suppose the t-shirt stunt makes Klopp talk about it and outline his displeasure, then works back to the boardroom.
Make a stand, yes, but it has to be directed at one area and one area only - the small group of owners. Everyone else involved in these clubs is dead against it.

Hence, why imo, it will not happen.

EzXHmYKVUAA06FF

So these clubs get punted from their domestic leagues and don't participate in UEFA competitions.

Surely this would cause the whole thing to flop?

You've got super league matches every midweek but by about matchday 10 a lot of them have become meaningless anyway. Then the quarters, semis and finals are STILL just the same 8 teams every year basically.

Except people will always speculate that the Germans are better or the French are better or Arsenal have become so poor that maybe a Porto or Ajax are far better.

If this is supposedly an idea to leave "legacy fans" behind then how will the time zones work? 8pm kick off UK time is noon on the US west coast and 2am in Eastern China?

Or will we end up with Arsenal being moved from London to New York and United being moved to China?

It seems like something that could flop.

South American football is still huge and surely the European football that would be left behind would still have a massive following and earning potential?

Will the domestic leagues be happy to see their tv revenues drop dramatically?

Not sure it’s a given they will be booted out.

Honestly don't know how it will all play out. However I'm guessing players will only be punished like that after having participated in one of the matches. Not simply for being registered to a club signed up for it surely.
I don’t see how they can punish the players. Players have contracts they are obligated to fulfil. Seems unlikely there would be a clause in such contracts specifically covering this.

Force Majeure doesn’t apply because the player can still provide his services and the Club will still pay him.

Therefore players will be faced with the choice of playing and fulfilling their contracts but being banned by UEFA and FIFA or refusing to play and having to spend years out of the game with no income. Not fair on players already signed who had no say in this.

I don’t see that a ban by UEFA/FIFA would stand up legally either. It’s anti-competitive and almost certainly contrary to EU law. I think that’s what the ESL clubs are banking on. UEFA will not want a court in the EU ruling on whether they are a monopoly and/or anti-competitive. The consequences would be huge.

Liverpool fan who, in fairness, has got loads right before it was mainstream so to speak is saying Henderson to lead a player revolt against it.
He's always seemed like a good guy.
Neville is a top drawer pundit.
Someone has to lead the opposition against this. Neville will have gone up in almost everyone's estimations here and they need players backing it now.

I've been working long hours today and trying to catch up.

Is it the case then that this new ESL will be financed by mega bucks from TV rights in the far east and around the world but as the clubs are likely to no longer to play in domestic leagues, the only games that will have fans (because of boycotts) will be those left behind in domestic leagues. Are the FA, La Liga, Serie A going to bar the clubs involved. Oh and does that leave 6 empty berths in the EPL

Make a stand, yes, but it has to be directed at one area and one area only - the small group of owners. Everyone else involved in these clubs is dead against it.

Hence, why imo, it will not happen.
Mmmm. The players and managers have to make a stand here at some point. They either support their clubs owners or they don't. They are the representatives of those owners, whether that's fair or not.

The way it is going,it seems that these "super" clubs are well aware they may be removed from their domestic leagues.
They are not stupid and seem to be quite pleased with the storm they have created.
With that in mind, I know there is posters on here that have an interest in clubs down South,may I ask if you have Liverpool sympathies,for example, how would you feel about never playing Everton again?
Or Chelsea fans, how do you feel about never playing West Ham?
Even Manchester United,never playing Leeds United again?

With regard to a Rangers point of view , my greatest Euro memories have been the games at Ibrox against Dynamo Kiev, Leeds United and Braga.
Real Madrid etc may look down their nose at us and those teams,but
my love and support for my club is not going to change.

I think Real Madrid and Perez in particular is of the thinking this is done

*UEFA officials at the behest of the same teams now moaning about too many games

Do these clubs think we zip up the back? They are the problem here. Uefa have been wrong to continually indulge them over the years but let’s not paint this as a ‘big bad UEFA forcing these innocent pure clubs away’ situation.

Think Leeds have been a bit off on Liverpool tonight to be honest.

Liverpool players, fans and manager don't want this ESL.

This is 100% at the owners door. They are the only ones wanting it.

Lay off the actual teams etc. They are all against it as well.
That’s what I don’t get when people are shouting that players of these clubs should be banned from The Euros. Jeezo! Talk about jumping in head first. Most of these players probably don’t want it and have just learned of the plans. Not exactly their faults. They’ve not even had the chance to say they won’t take part in it so talk of removing their rights to play at a major tournament are premature at best, and just as bad as the plans for a super league in the first place.

Mmmm. The players and managers have to make a stand here at some point. They either support their clubs owners or they don't. They are the representatives of those owners, whether that's fair or not.
Players and managers will soon come out and be against it. It's early days but already Milner said he was against it as did Klopp. This will only increase.

I keep saying. Not one game will take place. It will not happen.

I don’t see how they can punish the players. Players have contracts they are obligated to fulfil. Seems unlikely there would be a clause in such contracts specifically covering this.

Force Majeure doesn’t apply because the player can still provide his services and the Club will still pay him.

Therefore players will be faced with the choice of playing and fulfilling their contracts but being banned by UEFA and FIFA or refusing to play and having to spend years out of the game with no income. Not fair on players already signed who had no say in this.

I don’t see that a ban by UEFA/FIFA would stand up legally either. It’s anti-competitive and almost certainly contrary to EU law. I think that’s what the ESL clubs are banking on. UEFA will not want a court in the EU ruling on whether they are a monopoly and/or anti-competitive. The consequences would be huge.
UEFA and FIFA ban will stand up as its their competition. You have to be registered to play. They dont have to register players from a rival league / competition

If they want it batter on but need to resign from domestic and European competition.

don’t like the idea of banning players from World Cup etc as this is not their doing.

interesting to see on SSN there that shares in Man Utd and Juventus have went up today. Will just make the owners more determined to push this through.

Back