European Super League Officially Announced - All Comments In This Thread - Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Spurs & Chelsea all out of it

Ye, you never asked one of the biggest teams in world football. Though maybe he didnt, would be too scared that Munich beat them for top spot!!
There might be some truth to it. The second any of them let on about this to Bayern or Dortmund they'd probably have leaked it before they could pick up the phone to JP Morgan.

Perez said more

“This is not a league for rich people, it is formed to save football and help the most modest clubs You will hear other voices (Laporta and others) in the next few days defending this. The ones that have a right to have their say are fans and they want more competitive leagues”

Lmao

Yes but your golf club isn’t the only club around and isn’t a multi billion business. UEFA run European football so there is no alternative, hence the reason EU competition law becomes a factor that wouldn’t apply to your golf club.

Also, your golf club probably wouldn’t ban you if you were also a member somewhere else.
There will be an alternative, the ESL.

No the golf club probably wouldn't but if they did not much I could do.

The notion that the UK Government doesnt have the power to regulate business is laughable actually. Especially when so many of their constituents who they rely on for votes are passionate about the issue.
Yes so they can close boozers for a year but they can’t do much if Fenway relocate the business to Boston and glazers relocate to the bucs stadium so there is no U.K. based business to punish

Mate Perez has said the games will be in Asia/Far East so not only are they fucking it from the champions league, these games are getting played millions of miles away from Manchester, London and Liverpool.

And you can be sure that anyone in government will be treated well to make sure there’s no issues
I want that to happen. I want these treacherous bastards to be forced out of the country. Go and play in these far Eastern shitholes in front of thousands of foam finger waving, half and half scarf wearing churchmice.
Mind you they're already more than halfway there already here in old blighty.

But they aren't stopping players earning or working, only from competing in their competitions.
So how does a player work if he can’t play? UEFA have referred to players being banned from all UEFA competitions. If that includes domestic leagues that feed into the CL and EL then that would ban then from playing for all but 15 teams. It’s not clear yet exactly what these bans would look like.

Also most of the players will have contracts already. They can’t just break those and the setting up of the ESL is nothing to do with them so how can you punish them?

Yes so they can close boozers for a year but they can’t do much if Fenway relocate the business to Boston and glazers relocate to the bucs stadium so there is no U.K. based business to punish
In which case i think itll be a great big good riddance to them from everyone left behind

Patronising git.

It’s possible that if the rest of the game holds, this 12 could be left high and dry. Encouraging that PSG, the Germans and Ajax have KBd them. Unclear where they get the last 3 let alone the rotating roster of willing victims.

They could be forced to crawl back at which time they should be hit with the most punitive of punishments imaginable. Which would be nice.

In which case i think itll be a great big good riddance to them from everyone left behind
Absolutely and to round of the guy on sky just staged that their only debate is deciding is morally deciding if they want fans in Beijing, Jakarta or Liverpool!

How many NFL teams have been moved around the states - this is the norm to these cuntz

Definitely, the English clubs will buckle, the whole thing will be dead and the rest of them will be pariahs and forced into a humiliating climbdown.

Hopefully.
Agree that the English clubs will be key to this failing. It will only take a couple (not Spurs) to pull out and the rest will follow.

what would them be very interesting to watch is what happens to Real & Barca. Hope they go to the wall. Even Atletico should be there Valencia are the 3rd biggest club in Spain.

So how does a player work if he can’t play? UEFA have referred to players being banned from all UEFA competitions. If that includes domestic leagues that feed into the CL and EL then that would ban then from playing for all but 15 teams. It’s not clear yet exactly what these bans would look like.

Also most of the players will have contracts already. They can’t just break those and the setting up of the ESL is nothing to do with them so how can you punish them?
I think it would only be cant play in UEFA competitions while being a player for an ESL club.

To say it would be illegal is nonsense, for instance English rugby banned players competing outside England from playing for England.

He seems desperate, what baffles me is that the English clubs aren't so desperate and have thrown their lot in with them.

Hes always been like that. Hes absolutely in love with himself and thinks the world owes him and his club everything.

Reality is hes absolutely delusional. Hes utterly powerless to keep the thing alive if for example the UK Government decide to intervene.
The UK Government intervene?

You do know that our Government aka the Conservative Party is up to it's neck in corruption and dodgy deals?

They will do fùck all.

If I was a gas fitter but not corgi registered i couldnt work for a corgi registered company. Is that fair or I have the right to demand under EU law the opportunity to employment? Even if I did become registered corgi would have the right to not renew my registration should they choose, their club their rules

Would love the government to legislate a way they can’t play in this country . Then the owners try to relocate . The riots it would cause might make this whole thing worthwhile

I've had only a couple of hours to digest this and the proposal from the 12 does seem pretty despicable. However, UEFA's incompetence led us here. They could have allowed cross border leagues years ago. Instead, huge clubs like us, Ajax, Porto, Benfica, Bruges, a myriad of east European clubs have become a second string and UEFA's competitions have inevitably become uncompetitive. The format proposed by the ESL will never last but UEFA will have to reap what they sowed.
Great post. The imbalance among the domestic leagues has caused this.

The players won't be UEFA members anymore so can't play in UEFA competitions. Would be that simple. Instead they can play in the ESL international tournaments.
Players aren’t UEFA members. Only the national associations are members. They nominate the clubs for European competitions and the registered players of those clubs (subject to squad limits) play in the competitions.

And for the Euros the national associations can pick whoever they want from their country, as long as they meet the criteria for being from that country. Steve Clarke could call me up for Scotland if he wanted.

Anyway the law would look at what UEFA (as a monopoly) were doing and why and it is obviously to try and stop players playing in the ESL.

Actually does sound like Madrid are screwed financially the way he’s talking.

They are totally fucked.

And so is Barcelona.

They desperately need a huge cash injection, and guaranteed cash flow for the foreseeable also.

And they’re willing to %^*& everybody else to get it:))

It will be extremely interesting to see how this pans out because the pathetic gesture to play ( weekend domestic games ) is literally a token to the rest of the league to say oh we aren’t uprooting and leaving you! When they know fine well that the my will be told GTF.

Time to weaken up for the fans of the 12 clubs as these clubs have a cheque waiting in September! There no law from stopping this

And theyll do whatever they can to stay in the good graces of people.

This is an open goal for them with potential voters, pardon the pun.
They are the most incompetent shower of shysters we've ever had the misfortune to be "governed" by in history.

Putting any faith whatsoever in them to stop this isn't the best idea to put it mildly.

Back