Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
EzXAb0-VUAIUDRp

B-D
They created eff all and got lucky with a deflection falling to Davis and an OG. You could see the huns regressing and beginning to shampoo themselves any time we went close. They are mentally weak and we all know they will fold with any pressure whatsoever, problem is we have been too shampoo to apply it.
Hey, it’s opposites day

shug

1:56 PM - Today#115865

‘Agreed re the funding but the money they are throwing in (in eye watering amounts on a near monthly basis) is now just to keep them afloat. They will need a serious cash injection over the top of that to fund a spending spree.’

They will cling to absolutely anything that gives them hope.
Aside from the fact that they’re talking shite, we’re not the ones need a spending spree.

The Celtic fans on the bbc Scotland football podcast, sorry, journos. I meant journos, were saying you’d only keep or expect to have Welsh and Turnbull from that starting XI next season. They are the ones who need a fortune to fund a spending spree

Plenty saying the Huns are not a good team. Yet, plenty thought Rodgers' teams were amongst the best Celtic teams in a generation.

The Huns are strolling to an Invincible league (conceding 8 goals), and Scottish cup double. We last beat them 18 months ago, and have scored 1 in the last 4 games. They've lost 6 in 45 Europa games over three seasons. Last 16 two seasons in a row (the last time we won an advanced knockout tie in Europe was 17 years ago).

If this was our Celtic team, we'd be saying we were eff brilliant. About time a lot of us realised we've been left behind.”

This guy obviously went to a proper school.
Facts

Aside from the fact that they’re talking shite, we’re not the ones need a spending spree.

The Celtic fans on the bbc Scotland football podcast, sorry, journos. I meant journos, were saying you’d only keep or expect to have Welsh and Turnbull from that starting XI next season. They are the ones who need a fortune to fund a spending spree
There’s going to be a mass exodus, how many of them are empty jerseys or can’t be arsed? They tried their best in the first game at the piggery and it wasn’t enough, after that any belief they had was gone. No shots on target at home in a derby defeat will do that to you.

Who is ”them” in that first post. Obviously not fcuking us anyway.
They’ve been slowly talking themselves into thinking they’re better than us since the previous OF game. Beating Livi confirmed it and proved lenny was the problem so Kennedy was going to teach us a lesson on Sunday.
The bump of realisation on every one of their players threads is glorious.

There was a few belters posted in our group chat the other day...

Not since 2003 have I seen a team out of Ibrox who have won trophies and been so bad. We are making them look miles better than they are. Outside of Kent I didn't see a player in their side I would want. Mcgregor of course did well but his zimmer will go any minute. They are a limited side who have been fortunate enough to come up against a celtic in full on hari kari mode. We beat ourselves today and have done all season.

Kent is not a very good player, a very average player is what he is

I will tell you one thing if they don't get five or six better players I fancy us very strongly to turn this around next year - and I know we need about two hundred players. But they are a poor side, with a poor manager whi are playing way above themselves this year.

Julien and Ajer are much better than their CB pairing. McGregor is better than Ryan Jack, Forrest is better than Kent, Christie/Turnbull are better than Aribo, who has done eff all apart from 45 minutes today against Laxalt, Elyounoussi over Airfield FFS.

McGregor is the only Hun id really want to take, as we should be aiming much higher than Patterson and Barasic in the summer.

Last edited:

This is spot on. I would add McGregor to that list for them. If that is the bet they have they need a serious amount of money to catch up. But money alone isn't the answer as they showed with last seasons recruitment. Money spent foolishly just compounds the problem as they have players they now need to pay off.

they haven't got the structure to spend wisely this summer. the guy Mackay is a shrewd operator a good appointment for them. However he needs time to put people and structures in place. Took us a number of years. They are likely to make mistakes this year as a lot of the recruitment will need tone done on limited homework.

Also Shifting players like Eduoard, Ajer and Christie will be much harder than they might think. Certainly in the post covid world the fees wont be that great.

They should never be in this position. they should have had us buried for 10 years. Instead their obsession with us blinded them to what their board weren't doing. We need to watch the same space.

This is spot on. I would add McGregor to that list for them. If that is the bet they have they need a serious amount of money to catch up. But money alone isn't the answer as they showed with last seasons recruitment. Money spent foolishly just compounds the problem as they have players they now need to pay off.

they haven't got the structure to spend wisely this summer. the guy Mackay is a shrewd operator a good appointment for them. However he needs time to put people and structures in place. Took us a number of years. They are likely to make mistakes this year as a lot of the recruitment will need tone done on limited homework.

Also Shifting players like Eduoard, Ajer and Christie will be much harder than they might think. Certainly in the post covid world the fees wont be that great.

They should never be in this position. they should have had us buried for 10 years. Instead their obsession with us blinded them to what their board weren't doing. We need to watch the same space.
The players you mention about them selling are mostly going into the last year of their deals. They ain't getting what they thought they would now.

Idiots. I think those figures listed there - starting with £3.2m at the top and rising to £3.9m at the bottom represent the value of the total shares in issue at their nominal value of 1p per share. :)

The issue today was 2,150,000 shares and the price paid per share was 20p. So that’s £430,000.
Love the notion of money laundering. Are they so thick they don't understand money laundering is about turning dirty money into clean money. To do that you need to get the money you give back. None of our shareholders are getting a single penny back. Nothing.

this is a cracking post but what's a 'graves event'?

Johnstone2010

First-team starter
19 minutes ago#15587

We won plenty but built nothing.

Those successful seasons were in the seasons where he took a back seat from his self appointed role as “Director of Football” and had a real football person in Brendan Rodgers in place.

Lawwell has cost the club millions by:

1.) making poor managerial appointments
2.)not getting deals done for players to help managers get over the line in CL qualifications
3.) making literally dozens of poorly scouted (in some cases not scouted at all) signings that have cost us millions.
4.) continually missing out on signings that went on to have great careers who could have contributed greatly to Celtic and/or made us fortunes in sell on fees. While we have made money on this our track record is poor.

2 qualifications out of 7 for the CL which amounts to about £120m in lost revenue.

Refused to build a full size indoor pitch at lennoxtown - a site we are now looking to move from and build a new training centre at barrowfield.

His re-appointment of Lennon, a man he knew would be a glove puppet for him, a guy who is a drunken mess, a guy who threatened his bit on the side with physical violence should have seen him out the door on its own. But no, the bold Peter doubles down and basically gives up on the league so his man can get his treble.

I won’t even go into some of the utterly snide and underhand things he’s done with the support on resolution 12, lack of action with the SFA, turning up at a Celtic graves event to slag the support.

A talentless, effete, arrogant spoofer.

An absolute disaster for Celtic.

You say a rebuild is needed? We had that rebuild and he undone it.

I notice you don’t say he’s the man who should lead the rebuild, that in itself tells its own story.

There was a few belters posted in our group chat the other day...
I don’t know why so many persist with this ”they’re not a good side” or worse “the worst side to ever win the league”.

I can and have written lengthy posts on this. But will keep it to the key 2 points.

- Fastest league win in over 100 years and looking like we could go the season unbeaten.
- There hasn’t been this level of consistency and results in Europe by a Scottish team in my lifetime virtually. 2 years in a row last 16. Greatest number of points won by a Scottish team in a European group, going unbeaten in the group. I also read a stat on here yesterday that we’ve only lost something like 6 out of 45 European ties in 3 years.

You have to be an absolutely colossal fcukwit to continue to state this is not a good Rangers team.

We are looking good to have a better record this season than Rodgers so called invincibles ( impressive European run > wee cup).

Curious about the mckay being a shrewd operator by all intensive purposes he's allowed to start now because sru restructured and his role split between others that alone suggests he wasn't indispensable.

Will be be good or bad I don't know however he has a massive job to do and we don't know what his mandate is from Fritzel

The one thing is he inherited a mess financially as well as football wise.

There's a very good chance part of his role is similar to what bain did to us cost cutting.......football success is important to that but they are living well outwith their means at the moment. With a bloated squad that isn't really good and a first team that 1/3 is loan players.

Will they turn it around yes they will over time but to do it in one season they would need a load of money they don't have at moment

They’ve been slowly talking themselves into thinking they’re better than us since the previous OF game. Beating Livi confirmed it and proved lenny was the problem so Kennedy was going to teach us a lesson on Sunday.
The bump of realisation on every one of their players threads is glorious.
They are now talking of asking the question of Mourinho. Flick. I’m not sure if that’s serious or not but my word is it hilarious.

I don’t know why so many persist with this ”they’re not a good side” or worse “the worst side to ever win the league”.

I can and have written lengthy posts on this. But will keep it to the key 2 points.

- Fastest league win in over 100 years and looking like we could go the season unbeaten.
- There hasn’t been this level of consistency and results in Europe by a Scottish team in my lifetime virtually. 2 years in a row last 16. Greatest number of points won by a Scottish team in a European group, going unbeaten in the group. I also read a stat on here yesterday that we’ve only lost something like 6 out of 45 European ties in 3 years.

You have to be an absolutely colossal fcukwit to continue to state this is not a good Rangers team.

We are looking good to have a better record this season than Rodgers so called invincibles ( impressive European run > wee cup).

Ah but I've seen some of their replies to this...

- Celtic were so bad this season so Rangers didn't have a challenge (they don't see the irony in that from previous seasons).
- The other clubs have got worse.
- COVID means it's not a 'valid' league win due to no fans etc (???).
- We've had the luck of the draw in Europe and not faced any good teams.

In summary, they're mental.

Remember when we were down the leagues and they offered to share their income with other SPL clubs so it was a level playing field rather than one financially doped club winning 8.75 in a row? No me neither. They think they’re the only club who should be able to spend. Let’s see what they say if their money laundering owner puts cash into their rebuild this summer.
I remember the bastards offering to share our income from TV etc, as they knew no one was interested in our absence!

That last paragraph is spot on. They should have had 10 sewn up and be looking forward to 15. We should've been in their shadow for a decade (I'm not counting the years we weren't in the same league.) They should've been so far ahead of us many of us wouldn't live to see us properly challenging them again and it would be our kids who hope for 55. Yet they fucked it. Big time. Now for us to turn it around and keep them down, keep them in our shadow, make them feel the pain we've had for the last 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back