European Super League Officially Announced - All Comments In This Thread - Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Spurs & Chelsea all out of it

He was very non committal and appeared to be saying I don’t want it but might be stuck with it
I'm extremely confident that Klopp would choose to go back to Germany over managing in the super league.

He's been put in an extremely unfair position tonight and snapped, he is also right to point out that Sky are arguably where this problem began.

I agree folks - I was just being a bit arsey/jokey about him;)

All that Perez interview has shown is that Madrid and Barca are in deep shit financially. I think we will see the English clubs back down eventually which will see the end of this farce. But no matter what happens next these teams should be heavily punished.
It seems that they've already agreed though.

Liverpool have already officially left the European Club Association

looks like it
and i think qualifying is a loose term - how would a team qualify?
it will be invitational
sounds like you could have invited Team X finishing 4th but as their viewing figures & money generating levels are no good - bye bye

What a car crash it could be.

Probably makes sense to go invitational for them as they can protect themselves from situations like this. 2 ‘qualifiers’ make the final and they are brought back.

Ridiculous not to have the qualifying criteria in place which shows how much they really care about teams out with the chosen 15.

What a car crash it could be.

Probably makes sense to go invitational for them as they can protect themselves from situations like this. 2 ‘qualifiers’ make the final and they are brought back.

Ridiculous not to have the qualifying criteria in place which shows how much they really care about teams out with the chosen 15.
They have it in place they just don’t want to share it as they know it will bring more shit storms

They have it in place they just don’t want to share it as they know it will bring more shit storms

It’s going to be based on merchandise sales, stadium capacity, TV figures and social media numbers. I have no doubt now. Hence the lack of detail they have released.

No way they say best teams from England, Spain etc (out with the 15 assuming they stayed in) and teams like Sheffield Utd or Getafe qualified.

Probably have 10 teams in mind that they will rotate around with.

Lots of talk of it being Chelsea and City. I like Chelsea so hope it would be them if true.

Initial thought was Liverpool as their fans are like us up here. They will literally chase the board out of that city.

Roman wants to come back to London and be part of the club and stadium again and doesn’t exactly care one iota about turning a profit at Chelsea. Don’t think the Sheikhs at City is prioritising profit either.

Lots of talk of it being Chelsea and City. I like Chelsea so hope it would be them if true.

Initial thought was Liverpool as their fans are like us up here. They will literally chase the board out of that city.

Roman wants to come back to London and be part of the club and stadium again and doesn’t exactly care one iota about turning a profit at Chelsea. Don’t think the Sheikhs at City is prioritising profit either.
City and Chelsea were also the two english clubs that were reluctant to sign up in the first place

We'll learn a lot tomorrow from Gerrard. Klopp's reaction tonight / having a pop at Neville was very strange.
he'll k
Doesn't that back up the fact the government can do something about it?

After all they stopped football altogether for months last year.
theyll only step in for PR value, its a tory govt, they're not concerned about the community importance of these clubs. This is pure business and capitalism - the only reason for them to step in is to protect the premier league as a big british interest as opposed to a euro alternative. And even then they'll just be posturing.

Like a house of cards.

0_19251598-1.jpg

If there's one team that doesnt need a mad greedy money grab to stave off bankruptcy, it's Man City.

Said it before Utd & Liverpool’s American owners will be pushing heavily for this to make it a closed shop just like all the pro sports leagues in the USA.

Spanish clubs & Spurs are financially fubar and Milan aren’t much better so are really only doing this for the cash.

Chelsea & City have no real need for this at all.

City and Chelsea were also the two english clubs that were reluctant to sign up in the first place
Threats of them being chucked out the CL this season may also be impacting their thoughts. I reckon the Chelsea fans would go tonto if that were to happen, and a champions league trophy is the only thing they haven’t been able to buy in the middle east yet. Emiratis v the Qataris in the semi final.

So these 12 or 15 teams can’t be relagated, but 5 lucky extras can even if they finish above the 15 is that the idea?
Given that the founding members will have hundreds of millions more, every single year the 5 invitees will be cannon fodder. Used to serve the sole purpose of proving it isn't a closed shop then discarded like a used wank sock.

Given that the founding members will have hundreds of millions more, every single year the 5 invitees will be cannon fodder. Used to serve the sole purpose of proving it isn't a closed shop then discarded like a used wank sock.

In a league where profits are more important than results on the pitch

City pulling out makes sense as they have a ton of cash and their reputation will take a hammering. As Neville said no idea why they folded.

Chelsea. Hmm. Maybe Roman got a call from his boss haha.

i thought " fanny dazzled " was gonna be the top phrase on the thread but now " used wank sock " has been thrown into the mix. Seriously considering starting a poll.

I could actually see the english teams backing down in exchange for an even bigger share of the prem tv money.

What possible motivation would the rest of the prem have to agree to that? If they end up backing down then they've massively overplayed their hand and it will be them making concessions over anyone else.

Which two of the 3 London teams?
My money is on Spurs and Chelsea.
Not Chelsea. Owned by an exiled Russian with strong anti British feelings. He will be more than happy to bash anything British. Spurs is a decent bet, but again Its run by people who would give Phillip Green a run for the money in the twats stakes. If the owners just don't care and live thousands of miles away, what pressure is on them? It's not like City fans will be going to protest outside a UAE palace.

If they want it batter on but need to resign from domestic and European competition.

don’t like the idea of banning players from World Cup etc as this is not their doing.

interesting to see on SSN there that shares in Man Utd and Juventus have went up today. Will just make the owners more determined to push this through.
Just city spivs who know nothing about football.

If the players are as against this as most seem to think, won't this cost the clubs a fortune in reduced fees in the fire sale for want away players who refuse to play in the new set up.
If the top players are against it the whole thing will implode - and some of these clubs will go into receivership. A Super League with second rate mercenaries will be an absolute laughing stock.

If the top players are against it the whole thing will implode - and some of these clubs will go into receivership. A Super League with second rate mercenaries will be an absolute laughing stock.
The clubs will increase player salaries to even more obscene levels to make sure they stay put. Agents are already creaming themselves at the the thought of negotiating the new contracts.

The clubs will increase player salaries to even more obscene levels to make sure they stay put. Agents are already creaming themselves at the the thought of negotiating the new contracts.
International football is important to a lot of players and absolutely they will be banned. The Super League clubs won’t want them playing internationals anyway. There is also talk of salary caps in the new league. I am beginning to think it will fall on its arse.

Now that things have gone so far beyond posturing, I really don‘t want to see any of these in any UEFA competition ever again. I can forego ‘glamour’ for genuine competition any day of the week. The dependency for obscene money the competition has created has rendered it a high risk event anyway. If CL only gave 5 million more than the EL we’ve been in this season, so what?

On the PSG, Bayern etc love in, bollocks. The only reason they’re not there is because the owners of the former have tv rights to the French top league as well as in UEFA competitions. For the latter, this is because of regulations in place that means that external ownership cannot exceed 49%.

Not Chelsea. Owned by an exiled Russian with strong anti British feelings. He will be more than happy to bash anything British. Spurs is a decent bet, but again Its run by people who would give Phillip Green a run for the money in the twats stakes. If the owners just don't care and live thousands of miles away, what pressure is on them? It's not like City fans will be going to protest outside a UAE palace.
Word yesterday was Man City and Chelsea had reservations about it but didn’t want to be left behind money wise.They are all a shower of shite.Disgusting selfishness.As for Perez coming out and saying they are saving football.My hole his mob are up to their arse in debt and they could end up in the shitter.Hence the panic to get it going.Uefa must punish every single one of them or they look like the weak corrupt organisation we all know they are.

UEFA and fifa are in a rubbish situation. Threatening to ban players from euros and world cups when if they followed through their tournaments would be so de valued that they would be a waste of time. This is all pointing to a deal where the big 12 get what they want ( more money and power) within the current set up

Just caught up with the Real Madrid presidents interview from last night, these crooks genuinely believe they are saving football, he seems adamant that they won't be kicked from the UCL this season and players won't be banned from international duty, so I'm assuming UEFA will take a massive pay off and that'll be it, sickening.

Back