European Super League Officially Announced - All Comments In This Thread - Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Spurs & Chelsea all out of it

I also don't get why they launched it without any real details. They didn't have enough teams....and had clearly not even talked about staying in domestic football etc. Was such an early and shit launch. PR error, or arrogance ?

One. You have Billionaires that are use to doing whatever they want, when they want. (See English clubs)

Two. Teams in Italy and Spain who are in deep shit and are in desperation mode as their domestic rights values are dropping.

It’s a political statement mate, nothing more. UEFA need to try and present themselves as bastions of the noble support and above petty slights. At the same time, it sends the inference to the other clubs that they are not acting in the way they have congratulated Man City for doing.

The real conversations happen behind closed doors.

Only man city have actually left....mmmm
Chelsea have basically said they'll prepare the legal documents tonight and submit them later or tomorrow morning.

I would say they are going to announce the documents have been sent at 11pm just so the news hits when the NYSE opens.

Fair point.

Still defeats the point of it of course if it ends up being with US clubs or something. Unless they want Boca and River plate or something
If you are open about planning to take the games around the world, why limit yourself to European teams? They will invite whoever they think can generate them the most cash.

One. You have Billionaires that are use to doing whatever they want, when they want. (See English clubs)

Two. Teams in Italy and Spain who are in deep shit and are in desperation mode as their domestic rights values are dropping.
If they do that then it would become an even bigger joke than it already is.

Clubs like Ajax, Benfica, Porto, us, tims, the Turk teams have history, large fan bases and a bit of name value. You could add them and while it would be lesser there would be atleast be name value sides. Adding the likes of Soceidad, Granada would be laughable

Perez is like a cross between Silvio Berlusconi and Emperor Palpatine

Half expecting him to come out here looking like Largo from Thunderball tbh.

Emilio_Largo.jpg

There will be issues with the EPL clubs who have backed out and those who haven't!! The relationship with the other clubs will be in tatters also.

Completely damaged the Premier League brand and surely massive consequences for the ‘big 6’.

To me it's starting to look like a co-erced move to get more money in the end up.

I wonder if they were ever 100% serious.

You'll never know though. Snakes snaking other snakes.

The truth probably will never be known

To me it's starting to look like a co-erced move to get more money in the end up.

I wonder if they were ever 100% serious.

You'll never know though. Snakes snaking other snakes.

The truth probably will never be knknown
I'm not so sure I think the promise of 200-250 mill upfront as founders basically is desperation especially since some of the finances of those 12 are in a pretty bad way

Back