Patterson, Zungu, Bassey, Mebude and Kinnear - Appeals dismissed, original bans stand - Rangers' reaction to appeal decision in the OP

Accepting it again whats it going to take for us to stand up to them
CLUB STATEMENT

RANGERS notes the outcome of today’s appeal.

We remain disappointed in the result. Furthermore, we believe this outcome highlights the inconsistency of decision making in the Scottish FA’s disciplinary process.

We are cognisant that the approach taken by other football associations across Europe has no resemblance to that of the Scottish FA. We urge the Scottish FA to be open minded to learn from other football authorities.

We now focus on Sunday’s quarter final at Ibrox.

It's been that long I've forgot what the bans actually were. 5 games? 7 games with 2 suspended?

CLUB STATEMENT

RANGERS notes the outcome of today’s appeal.

We remain disappointed in the result. Furthermore, we believe this outcome highlights the inconsistency of decision making in the Scottish FA’s disciplinary process.

We are cognisant that the approach taken by other football associations across Europe has no resemblance to that of the Scottish FA. We urge the Scottish FA to be open minded to learn from other football authorities.

We now focus on Sunday’s quarter final at Ibrox.
More or less called it back in post #412. This was never going to be the ‘fight to the death’ some wanted/forecast.

Really disappointed with that statement, we should have been highlighting every unpunished breach publicly, just the usual posturing tbh, the sfa know they can do what the %^*& they like to Rangers as the most that ever happens is a meek statement afterwards.

Just as the refs decisions are being forced to be more and more blatant the compliance system is also being shown with the same contempt. We are winning on the pitch despite their off field cheating, no wonder their team is in turmoil.

Shocker.

We played it well though, Patterson available for the scum cup game and now his ban kicks in we have Tav back.
Made the most of a poor situation as you said.

It’s been played cynically by the Club, as it should have been. In years gone by we would have rolled over from the off.

Not happy with the outcome but happy with how the Club have exploited their rules

Statement is a bit soft, hoping its being left open for some questions about it at next press conference to call out Dubai etc.

Really disappointed with that statement, we should have been highlighting every unpunished breach publicly, just the usual posturing tbh, the sfa know they can do what the %^*& they like to Rangers as the most that ever happens is a meek statement afterwards.
What exactly will that achieve apart from pleasing a few on this board.

Last year proved we are almost on our own in regards to the SFA and SPFL, until that changes bitching and moaning won’t do fcuk all.

To be fair to Rangers this isn’t their fault, this is the fault of those players mixing when they knew they shouldn’t. No one else to blame but the players.

I got myself to a place where I was expecting the ban to get reduced, I really should know better than think the SFA would ever consider not kicking our club as hard as they could.

Sadly, I have to say our statement is weak as water. At least we should have given other examples to highlight the inconsistency, with Dubai top of that list. In fact, even calling it inconsistency is weak, it is bias and it should be called what it is.

Original bans remain

So we will rightly complain that the SFA are consistently treating Rangers players differently from everyone else, e.g. Aberdeen, Celtic, etc, etc...! They absolutely are, with or without the Dubai debacle.

They will rightly complain that the SFA could and should have dealt with this before the Cup game. Bizarre that they didn't to be honest given their previous rush at other times. Surely both prove that the SFA is entirely incompetent, and it is time for the clubs to fix that once and for all. It is madness for everyone to complain from the sidelines and do nothing about it.

ps. The subsequent Rangers Statement is pointless and pathetic for what it is worth.

Players are at fault and only themselves to blame lets just get on with it and its pointless trying to fight with SFA or SPFL as it gets us nowhere

Again we bend over without calling them out , asking the questions about how no enquiries into Scum FC happened etc. And how the broke COVID-19 rules in Dubai, for all Scum FC are they ask the questions and go for it, the board are weak.

I got myself to a place where I was expecting the ban to get reduced, I really should know better than think the SFA would ever consider not kicking our club as hard as they could.

Sadly, I have to say our statement is weak as water. At least we should have given other examples to highlight the inconsistency, with Dubai top of that list. In fact, even calling it inconsistency is weak, it is bias and it should be called what it is.
I haven't been impressed by our statements for some time now. IMO they don't have any impact whatsoever - they "hint" at inconsistencies & injustices & in the main are very easy to ignore, which is precisely what will happen to this one..

Players are at fault and only themselves to blame lets just get on with it and its pointless trying to fight with SFA or SPFL as it gets us nowhere
In one isolated incident I would agree with you, however it’s clearly not isolated. Multiple issues that were actually worse left either not as harshly punished or not punished at all.

No Rangers player should ever play for the SFA, stuff them. None of these leeches anywhere near Ibrox’s directors box. And when it comes trophy presentation time, send them in a taxi and stuff right off.

I think Rangers simply edged their bets with the appeal, while Tav remained injured we were able to play young Patterson, bans upheld and Tav is now fit.
I honestly didn't see the appeal being successful, yes inconsistencies within the SFA as always but I'm not quite sure what else we as a Club could have done.

We move on.

We have worked the appeal well to allow Patterson to play against the Bheasts.
But, moving forward we should NEVER again comment on any internal action we are taking with regards to any of our players.
We should aslo never punish any of our players until the SFA have made their decision on any punishment they determine as by us acting properly has only resulted in our players being punished twice for the same offence.

We're punished because we won the league ,and we''re the Rangers . it's as simple as that....it's there for all to see , and this is just another case of our football sinecure showing their anti Rangers bias .At least now we are confronting them with their decisions , but there's a long way to go before the tim infestation is completely uprooted . We can only hope one day we're dealt a fair hand........WATP

Right, %^*& it. That's the straw that's broke the camels back for me.

The Yahoo's and their placemen are getting booted off the boards this summer because of their complete and utter failure.

We all know about the Yahoo's mismanagement but Brechin have been the worst team, possibly in world football, for five years and they've held an iron fist over League 1 & 2's representation on the SPFL Board. Alloa are part time wasters who have hung on in the Championship and acted as the yahoo's lackeys for years, they're getting punted down and will probably follow the same path as Brechin, Worst in the championship, worst in League One, worst in League two, worst in League two again, ran into the ground and out of the leagues.

These are the people that run football up here into the fucking ground, along with their current lap-dog/Speccy cunt Doncaster, perennial loser Petrie and Shifty McGifty who should have been put out to pasture or a home decades ago.

It's time for a complete reform of this crony network they've built and held over the rest of Scotland for 20 years as the standards and incomes have dropped off a fucking cliff.

We need to lead fundamental reform from the top of Scottish Football to the bottom of it: League structure, the refereeing standards, the pitches, the income disparities, the fact the SFA and SPFL are two fucking jokes that yahoo's jump from one board to the other on a yearly basis etc. because absolutely nobody in Scottish football from us at the very top to the Highland/Lowland leagues are happy with how these last few years have been led by complete and utter imposters.

The Club have undoubtedly highlighted the inconsistencies during the process and have reiterated that in the statement. This also bring attention to the SFA's approach differing to that of elsewhere.

The manager has named other instances in a press conference and will likely reiterate this later in the week.

I'm not sure what else people want the Club to do.

The SFA have treated these young boys with contempt, 3 of them still teenagers, yes they did not follow guidelines to the letter but they were punished by the club as other clubs in Scotland did not punish their players, they were tested frequently no evidence of covid unlike other players, To keep them waiting for 72hrs to give a verdict which would have been decided in the first hour will not help them in anyway

Our Club REALLY should have been splattering the circumstances of the Dubai covid social breaches all over the place well before this Appeal.

Create a framework where everyone who observes can see the differences in how Rangers are treated, compared to the actually worse occasion of the CFC "R&R".

That the Club don't really have much idea of how to play this PR game is becoming evermore worrying with every instance of bias against us.
It's become clear that all the talk about conversations in the background, "building bridges" and diplomacy has made NO difference to the inequality in punishments.

Until Rangers' PR improves, we will never win any "war" against the SFA.
And unfortunately that probably reflects upon the Board --they simply cannot be so dense as to believe that we can continue like this: where the SFA applies more rigorous standards against us than they do to our competitors.

Since the Board isn't dense, they must be either unable or unwilling to see that Rangers have the same level of PR as other clubs of our stature.
Equally, for a Board that had members literally standing with players in wait for the Slavia racist, they seem unwilling to go full-on in standing up against the bureaucrats of the SFA.

The SFA may well have proceeded with upholding their initial punishments in that scenario, but their hypocrisy and absolute bias would be clearly exposed to all, worldwide.
As it is, outside of Scotland and a few Rangers forums, this will be seen as justice served, and the pool and pub in Dubai completely erased from all comparisons.

A horrific statement.

The definition of insanity is doing something over and over and expecting a different result.

Rangers have called for consistency for months. It doesn't happen, the SFA treat us differently in all aspects of their compliance role and we are making no difference with this poor approach. Rethink required from top down.

Are the people that wanted them sacked (fucking sacked) the same ones now raging that they’re getting a 4(+2) match suspension?

Our Club REALLY should have been splattering the circumstances of the Dubai covid social breaches all over the place well before this Appeal.

Create a framework where everyone who observes can see the differences in how Rangers are treated, compared to the actually worse occasion of the CFC "R&R".

That the Club don't really have much idea of how to play this PR game is becoming evermore worrying with every instance of bias against us.
It's become clear that all the talk about conversations in the background, "building bridges" and diplomacy has made NO difference to the inequality in punishments.

Until Rangers' PR improves, we will never win any "war" against the SFA.
And unfortunately that probably reflects upon the Board --they simply cannot be so dense as to believe that we can continue like this: where the SFA applies more rigorous standards against us than they do to our competitors.

Since the Board isn't dense, they must be either unable or unwilling to see that Rangers have the same level of PR as other clubs of our stature.
Equally, for a Board that had members literally standing with players in wait for the Slavia racist, they seem unwilling to go full-on in standing up against the bureaucrats of the SFA.

The SFA may well have proceeded with upholding their initial punishments in that scenario, but their hypocrisy and absolute bias would be clearly exposed to all, worldwide.
As it is, outside of Scotland and a few Rangers forums, this will be seen as justice served, and the pool and pub in Dubai completely erased from all comparisons.

The SFA have always hammered Rangers players disproportionately with fines and bans, from Willie Woodburn onwards until today. It'll never change unless we as a club want it to change.

Back